Chapter 11

HIM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Hwan recovers quickly, thanks to the rest he has had, and perhaps the attention he has received from Minho also helped. When he and Minho returned to continue shooting, most of the background scenes had already been completed during their absence; all that remained were scenes with the main two actors.

 

"No, Hwan-sshi, we're not going to let you do that scene again. This time, your stunt double will take care of that for you." Both Director Choi and Oh disagree with Hwan when he says he would retake the action scene they were unable to finish before he was injured.

Hwan sighs, but accepts their decision. He knew the crew would not risk another accident. And it’s been only a few days since he healed.

 

 

King Lee Gon isn't sure what he felt when he saw his husband's hat and bow on the cliff edge; his heart thumps erratically as if he's going insane; he's not sure if it's because he's worried about his husband or because he's terrified of Emperor Xuan's wrath. The King orders his men to scour the entire mountain for his husband. If he is successful in evading the assailants. While he travels down the river with his commander and a few men to search.

The river is so vast and deep. Then they can see a huge stone here and there. King Lee Gon and his commander travel through the only path available to access the river bank. But they can only see the cliff from afar. His men are already searching through the river.

 

“Here! I found the Commander!" A servant's yell filled the air, and others rushed to where it came from.

Ho-Pil knelt by the unconscious figure and checks his pulse with his two fingers on his neck. The pulse is a little lower, but he'll make it. His fellow commander has been seriously hurt. He has a few cuts on his body, and his hand is twisted in an unpleasant position, possibly broken.

"Take him to the physician!" Ho-Pil stated as he stood. The unconscious commander was carried by a group of servants.

"The search continues! His majesty may be in this location!" Ho-pil yells to the remaining men. They resume their search.

 

Lee Hong Nae runs back to the shore crying 'cold' as soon as the director calls 'cut.' Minho chuckles, finding it amusing that his co-actor dislikes the cool river water.

Hwan emerges from the tent beside the river, trailed by a few stylists. He appears to be thrilled for someone who is about to act out an injured situation. His clothes and hair were a little out of place. Perhaps they did it on purpose.

Director Choi instructed Hwan to take a dip in the river so that he would not be shocked by the cold when he began his scene. That was hurriedly done by the younger. Hwan dashes to the chilly water, dipping his bare feet first to feel the water. Then he takes a handful of water and drapes it over his heart. Minho observes his lover shivering slightly before stepping into the deep.

After rehearsing for the next scene, in which Hwan had to wait in the water, the director gave the 'action' signal.

 

 

Lee Gon sat on his horse and observed everything. They had discovered his husband's commander. And seeing his condition, the king's concerns rose. If the commander was unable to defend the younger prince, it follows that his husband is also in the same situation.

“Pyeha! We discovered his highness!" shouts another, as Lee Gon leaps from his horse and rushes toward them. Yeong was being carried by two people. They are also covered in water.

"We discovered his majesty in the midst of stones." As they placed the royal on the flat stone on the riverbed, the servants murmured to the king.

Lee Gon glances down at his husband, whose pale complexion is whiter than usual. His lips aren't as red as they used to be, and they're turning blue. He put his fingers on the younger's neck and could barely feel his pulse.

"Allow me, Pyeha," the Ho-Pil said as two servants arrived carrying a wooden stretcher. Lee Gon picks up her husband with ease and quickly places him on the stretcher. As he moved for his hand, he noticed that it was covered in blood. Lee Gon takes a brief glance at the younger prince's head. But Yeong was carried away before he could inspect the injuries.

 

 

 

Lee Gon stood there, staring blankly at the blood on his hand.

"Pyeha," the king looks at his commander.

"Are you all right, Pyeha?" Ho-Pil asks, glancing at his bloodied hand.

“I’m okay. It’s not mine. Let’s get going.”

 

After finishing his scenes, Minho heads to the tent. With the assistance of his stylist, Hwan was wiping the fake blood and makeup from his face and body. As he sits on the chair and chugs water, the older actor glances at him. They ended filming at the river's edge after a five-hour shoot. Hwan had already changed out of his damp hanbok into a sweet and t-shirt. His damp shoulder-length hair is being dried by one of his stylists.

"Are you finished, Hyung?" Hwan asks a slight glance at the older actor before returning to his work.

"Yeah," Minho said as he accepted stylist assistance in removing his headpiece and hairstyle.

"We do have a couple more action scenes, right Hyung?" I'm hoping that the director will let me do those scenes." Hwan mutters as he tosses dirty tissues stained with fake blood into the trashcan near the table.

"-I can't call this work mine if I didn't put in the effort to complete it." Hwan sighs and pouts. The younger actor is cooed at by the crew members who are present in the tent.

"Hwan-sshi, you're always working hard. Everyone knows that" one of the oldest staff said with a smile.

“-but” Hwan begins anew with a pout. Minho laughs.

"Hwannie, please stop whining. Director Choi will let you do those parts.” With a chuckle, he said.

 

Lee Hong Nae and Ha Joon also entered the tent, each holding a couple of icy coffee cups. Ha-Joon has already changed his clothing, while Hong Nae is still dressed in his hanbok and wearing his makeup. They pass the coffee cups over to Minho and Hwan.

"What is he complaining about, sunbae?" Hong Nae asks, his gaze drawn to the Hwan and then to the Minho.

"He's complaining about director Choi's refusal to let him shoot action scenes," Minho replied with a chuckle.

Hwan looks around, giving Minho a slight glare before pouting again.

"-He only told you to be ready for the scene tomorrow. I know you're going to start shooting the battle scene." Hwan continues and it makes everyone chuckle.

 

~

 

 

They were in the middle of a large grassy field. Aside from Minho, Hong Nae, and a few other actors, there were a lot of extras on the set. They are dressed in both their own and Japanese army colors. Swords, guns, shields, and other props have been stacked in front of a few tents.

Director Choi is busy supervising the crew. Numerous pieces of equipment are being prepared for shooting. Everyone is busy. Minho, Hong Nae, and other actors are getting ready in the actor's tents. Staff rushes in, carrying their gears and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter