Chapter 16 (Epilogue)

HIM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

In three days, Hwan found himself in front of a modern apartment in a country he never imagined he would live. Minho's mother greeted them with a warm embrace.

"Your things have already been placed in your room. Go ahead and relax. You've come this far in your current state. We can talk tomorrow.” Mrs. Lee addressed them and helped his son in walking to his room. And Hwan follows them, still unable to believe they are going to live there.

 

The car came to a halt in front of the hospital's main entrance, and Minho and Hwan leaves. Both of their appointments are with the same doctor, so they wait for him in a VIP hospital room.

"Good morning, Mr. Lee!" Mr. Woo, too! "Should I now address you as Mr. Lee?" Doctor David smiles and asks a playful remark like he always does.

Minho chuckles, and Hwan looks away in shy a moment before responding. "Doctor, not yet." I am still Mr. Woo.”

“Oh really? I expected you'd already done it. I'm sorry, sweetie." Dr. David chuckles as he walks up to Minho's bedside.

Dr. David was a cousin of Minho's brother-in-law. He was also older than both of the actors. He was the one who helped them recover quickly in recent months. David is aware of them and is excited to know about their marriage plans. They don't have to be afraid of marrying each other in his country, the doctor had told them, since no one will judge them.

Dr. David appears with a chart in his hands after what seems like hours of checks.

"You two are recovering well. That's great. Mr. Lee, I believe we will be able to remove your cast in a few weeks." David smiled as he looked up from the chart.

"Really?" Finally.” Minho let out a relief sigh, which made both his boyfriend and doctor chuckle.

 

"And Mr. Woo, too." I think you can begin physical therapy soon. They will begin with simple exercises." David continues, setting the chart on the desk next him.

"Thank you very much, doctor," Hwan responded, pleased to hear his condition was improving.

"Oh, and-" David said, prompting both actors to look at him.

"Mr. Woo, you should still be cautious about doing things that can cause your body muscles to strain." Specifically ual activity." Dr. David gave them a look. Hwan flushes, and Minho lets out a disapproving groan.

Dr. David chuckles again, shaking his head, as he hears Minho's groan.

"I said 'be careful,' which implies you can do it as long as both of you are cautious about your injuries. I'm not stopping you two anymore." He adds before heading to the door and standing up, glancing at the older actor's happy smile.

"Don't forget to attend to your therapy appointments! Goodbye, boys. See you next time." The room door closed behind him, leaving the two beaming actors alone.

 

 

 

 

~

"Omma, you don't have to come here every day," Minho complains to his mother as she plates the food she has cooked. The elder woman sends him a glare before continuing her work.

"Who will cook for you two troublemakers if I don't come here? Aha? And you two haven't entirely healed." As she laid the plates on the dinner table, the Elder woman scolded his son.

"Still, you should at least call me before coming here!" Minho whines once again. Mrs. Lee pauses what she's doing and looks at her son.

“Why? Did I disturb something? Didn't you guys get warned not to do it?" She asks, raising her nicely curled brow in sync.

“Omma!” Minho groans.

He can't believe he's having this conversation with his mother. Yes, they were about to continue their make out session after a long period when she enter the apartment. Minho was excited to take his boyfriend since they had returned from the hospital. Even though he had a cast on his leg, he seemed unfazed. First, their managers wanted to speak with them. After three hours, Minho had succeeded in shooing them away. Then his mother arrived with groceries. So much for having his boyfriend all to himself!

 

"I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time, Minnie."

Mrs. Lee started after their bickering, which Minho lost to his mom. Minho glances at his mother, puzzled. She took a quick peek towards the corridor leading to their room before turning to face him. Hwan is on a video conference with his company in their bedroom.

"When are you planning to propose to him?" Only Minho can hear the elderly woman's question, which she asks in hushed tones.

“Ha?” Minho glances at her, surprised.

"I know you want to marry him, son; I've seen how you've been looking at him over the last few months. So he is. Also, I don't believe you came here without thinking about it." Mrs. Lee stated confidently, giving him 'I-know-you-so-well-because-I-am-your-mother.' look.

“I don’t know mom.” Minho sighed quietly.

"What do you mean you don't know?" she worriedly says again, clutching his hand.

"I'd want to marry him." I'm sure he feels the same way about me. But he hasn't responded to any of my questions about it. And after what happened, I'm scared he won't risk his life to be with me." Minho sighs once again.

"Do you honestly believe he accepted your offer to come here just to get treated?" No, I don't think so. Minnie, you should talk to him about this again-"

"But mum, what if they attack him because he married me? I don't know how I'm going to survive if I lose him." Minho adds a small voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter