Chapter 4

I've My Grip On You

 Eunhae! Eunhae! Eunhae!" The crowd chanted crazily.

In response, Donghae reached out and pulled Eunhyuk into his arms. He could feel Eunhyuk's warm breath tickling his neck.

The fans went mad.

So did Donghae’s heart. He never knew his heart could beat so fast, but it always happened with Eunhyuk’s touch. A part of him was satisfying the fans, but another part of him was indulging in it. He did not remember when he started feeling this way, but it has been a while.

And yes, if anyone’s wondering, he is fricking gay. He realised that since he entered middle school and all his friends were ogling at the girls and the only person that caught his eyes was the boy who was from the class across his.

Why is he gay? He wishes he knows. So he can reach right in and pull out that damn homoual thing in him, and be like any other guys. It’s not like he never tried. With his good looks, girls are always attracted to him, and he had dated a few. But none caught his eyes, or his heart.

He looked down Eunhyuk who was still in his arms.

He had been careful over the years to not let his feelings out. It is difficult, considering how he always wanted to get close to Eunhyuk, but yet have to ensure that he does not get too close. They are groupmates, and roommates. And not to mention close friends. It will be too awkward if Eunhyuk knows about his feelings. Because Donghae is pretty sure the other is not gay. How did he know? Let’s just say gays have a way of seeking out fellow gays.

In the mean time, he supposed it’s not too much to just indulge in the intimate moment.

--

“Hyukkie hyung! Me, Min hyung and Kyu are going to catch a movie,” Ryewook shouted, “Do you want to come along?”

Eunhyuk popped his heart out from the room, his fingers still fidgeting with the buttons on his shirt, “Go along without me! I already made plans!”

“All right!” Was the reply.

Not without some complaints from the evil maknae of course, “You should be more sociable hyung, you are breaking our hearts with these constant rejections.”

Eunhyuk chuckled at the makne’s grumblings.

“Where are you heading to today?” Donghae asked as he looked up at the older from his bed.

“I am heading home, “Eunhyuk replied, “As usual.”

“Can I go with you?”

Eunhyuk looked down at him in surprise, “What for? Don’t you have anything planned today?”

Donghae shook his head, “My brother has something on last minute, so I am pretty much free.”

“Why not join the Wook and the rest for movie?” Eunhyuk suggested as he fastened his belt.

Donghae shook his head again, “I already watched that.”

Eunhyuk hesitated for a moment, not knowing what to say.

“I have never been to your house,” Donghae said, sounding a little hurt, “You’ve been to mine plenty of times. That’s not very fair.”

Eunhyuk chuckled at the childishness of his friend, “It will be boring,”

“Not as boring as staying here all alone.”

Eunhyuk sighed, fidgeting with his belt.

“Please?” Donghae pleaded, with his fishy eyes.

“… All right.” Eunhyuk gave in.

Donghae gave a soft cheer as he bounced out from his bed, “Give me five minutes to change!”

Eunhyuk slipped his phone and wallet into his pockets and headed out to the living room to wait for Donghae. Was it the right decision? What would Donghae say when he sees Yoogeun?

But it has been something he wanted to do for a long while. He felt bad for always have to lie to the members, especially Donghae who is supposed to be his close friend. He supposed there is no harm. There is no secret that can be kept forever anyway.

 He took out his phone, and sent a text to his mum, letting her know that he would be bringing a friend along.

--

Eunhyuk’s car pulled to a stop in front of his house.  Donghae was about to get out of the car when Eunhyuk reached out and stopped him.

“Hae…” Eunhyuk spoke, and paused.

Donghae looked on curiously, “Yes?”

“There’s something I have been wanting to tell but never really had to chance, “Eunhyuk said, feeling a little nervous, “I indeed have a secret. Just like what you said.”

Donghae’s eyes widened slightly, “What secret?”

Eunhyuk sighed. He guessed it is better for Donghae to see it for himself, “You will know when you get in. Let’s go.”

Donghae felt a little nervous… And a little scare as he trailed before Eunhyuk. What is it that Eunhyuk is hiding? Is Eunhyuk’s mum down with some disease? He remembered those days when his dad was terribly ill. He had hidden it from the members at the start, not wanting them to be worried. He knows the pain, and he sincerely hopes that’s not the case for his friend.

Or is there some mystical creature that Eunhyuk kept hidden in the house?

Donghae felt tensed as Eunhyuk opened the door.

He almost screamed in shock as a little figure pushed past the door and leapt into Eunhyuk’s arms.

“Appa!”

“How is Yoogeunie?” Eunhyuk asked, smiling brightly as he gave the boy a kiss on the cheek.

Appa? Donghae looked on in confusion. Who was he calling appa? Is Eunhyuk’s sister married? He didn’t know that.

Eunhyuk ushered him into the house and closed the door behind them.

“Yoogeun, this is Uncle Hae, my friend.” Eunhyuk introduced, “And Hae…”

Eunhyuk paused for a second, “This is Yoogeun. My son.

--

Hiii. Sorry took a while to churn out the chapter. =) There, Donghae's feelings and Eunhyuk's secret are revealed here!

I hope it's up to your liking. Please do comment to let me know if there's anything I should improve on! <3