Chapter 2

I've My Grip On You

--

"Appa miss you too." Eunhyuk said in a low voice, as he stood at the corner of the dance room, away from the other members, "Be a good boy and listen to grandma okay? Appa will be back before you know it."

"Talking to your girlfriend, Hyuk?" Shindong asked teasingly.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes as he went back to join the rest, "That's more like what you will do."

"Who else could it be? That you've to be so secretive about it?" Sungmin asked, joining in the teasing.

Eunhyuk grabbed the bottle of water, trying to keep his hands occupied, "That's for me to know."

"All right, all right. Stop teasing him, and let's get back to practice." Leeteuk declared, ushering the rest to get up on their feets.

Groans and murmurings were heard as they dragged their tired bodies up the comfortable floor. Eunhyuk shot the leader a grateful look as he walked over to turn on the music once again.

Donghae moved his limps to the beat of the music, but his mind is was somewhere else. What was Eunhyuk hiding? Over the past four years, Donghae had noticed that his best friend was always secretively texting, or talking to someone over the phone. He always disappeared during their free days, never joining them for any activities. He had tried asking the older one about it, but Eunhyuk always dismissed him with some lame excuse. And he felt abit hurt, everytime. What was so secretive that he could not even share with his best friend?

--

Eunhyuk lied down on his bed, his eyes still open despite his physical tiredness. It has been a long day, but he could not seem to fall asleep. His mind wandered off to little Yoogeun. Is he sleeping soundly? Is he okay? Is he thinking of his appa? He sighed softly, as his guilty conscience came at work. It is awful enough that Yoogeun does not have a mum with him. How lonely it must be that even his appa cannot be with him all the time.

"Hyuk?" A soft voice called out from beside.

Eunhyuk turned to face his roommate, "Not asleep yet, Hae?"

"Speak for yourself. What are you thinking about?" Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk shook his head, even though Donghae would not be able to see it in the dark, "Just random stuff."

"You are very secretive." Donghae commented, "Even though we have been sharing a room for years, but I always feel like there's something you're hiding from me."

Eunhyuk gave a nervous chuckle, "What can I be hiding from you?"

"I don't know." Donghae answered, "But there's definitely something."

Eunhyuk kept quiet, allowing the conversation to end. He wonders how Donghae will react if he knows about this. He wonders what will the other members say. What will his fans think? What will the company do? He sighed again as he closed his eyes, trying to close his eyes. There's so much on his shoulders, so much responsibility for a person his age. He sometimes wonder how he manage them, if he does at all.

"You know you can tell me everything." Donghae said softly after a moment, "I dump my troubles on you all the time. And I want you to know I am here for you too."

"Thanks. Hae." Eunhyuk said gratefully. One day, Hae. One day.

His mind drift off to where it was before Donghae interrupted him. His little boy. He still remember vividly the day she came to him, nervous and scared.

--

"What happened?" He had asked in concern, seeing her tear stricken face.

"What should we do?" She muttered, as tears flowed down her cheeks again.

He had gathered her in his arms, reassuring her, "What happened?"

"I... I am pregnant." She said softly, burying her face in her hands.

For a moment Eunhyuk was stunned. He had not expected that. He thought he was always careful? W... Why...?

It took him a while to realise that his silence had hurt her.

"It's okay if you don't want the baby," She said, still sobbing, "We... We can abort it."

Abort the baby? The thought alone breaks his heart. How could he kill his own child?

He gently lift her face up with his hands, "We will have the child."

She looked up at him, surprised, "We will?"

Eunhyuk nodded, "I know we are still young, and it will not be easy. But we will have the child. And I will take care of both of you, to the best that I can."

Tears flowed down her cheeks once again, but this time out of happiness and gratefulness. Indeed, she had chosen the right man.

Eunhyuk had hugged her tightly in his arms. Both her and their child. He smiled, imagining the happy family of three that he is going to have.

--

Donghae's soft snoring woke him up from his deep thoughts, bringing him back to reality. Things did not turn out to be what he had imagined. They did not get married, nor did he get the chance to take care of her. But as he thought of his adorable son, he did not regret his decision that day. Indeed, the child is a gift from heaven. Despite the difficulties, Eunhyuk could not imagine his life in any other way.

He tossed again in his bed, trying to find a comfortable position so he can get some sleep before the alarm rings.

--

I am not sure if this is turning out to be the way I want it, haha. Leave some comments, so I know what you think of the story =)