Chapter 12

I've My Grip On You

Eunhyuk stared quietly at his sleeping son. Life could not get worse than this. His son is sick and lying in the hospital. His ex girlfriend trying to fight with him for custody. s and fans are probably disappointed in him, and awaiting for an explanation. And he is on the brink of losing his career - losing  what he had worked hard to build up over the years.

His only comfort is knowing that Yoogeun will be fine. The transplant has been scheduled two days later, and after that Yoogeun will be a healthy, bubbly child again. And yes, that's all he needs, he kept telling himself. As long as Yoogeun is all right, it does not matter if he loses everything he has, it doesn not even matter if Sherlyn gets hold of Yoogeun's custody. As long as he is safe and sound - that's all that matters.

The door to the room opened gently. Eunhyuk looked up, half expecting to see his mother. But to his surprise, Leeteuk stepped in, followed by Heechul.

"Hyung..." Eunhyuk stood up, taken aback by the visit.

Leeteuk smiled at him, gesturing for him to sit down. He walked towards Yoogeun, looking at the boy in concern, "How is he?"

"He is fine for now.The transplant is scehduled two days later." Eunhyuk answered, looking nervously at Heechul who was standing behind Leeteuk, keeping his silence.

The conversations, although soft, woke the boy up. His big eyes fluttered open as he looked around in confusion.

"Yoogeunnie." Eunhyuk called out fondly as he ruffled his hair.

"Appa." Yoogeun responded, but his eyes remained on Leeteuk and Heechul.

"That's Uncle Leeteuk, you remember him?" Eunhyuk introduced, "And the one behind is Uncle Heechul."

Heechul snorted, "Oh please. You meant Heechul hyung."

Leeteuk rolled his eyes, "You are as old as I am, Heechul."

Eunhyuk laughed at his two hyungs as he reached out and pulled Yoogeun up into his arms, "Had a good sleep?"

Yoogeun nodded, rubbing his eyes with his small hands.

Heechul looked at him curiously, "How old are you, kido?"

Yoogeun gestured five with his fingers.

Heechul reached out, taking the boy from Eunhyuk's arms, "You are cute. So unlike your appa." He said as hegave the boy a big wet kiss on the cheek.

"Don't badmouth me in front of my son, hyung." Eunhyuk protested.

"Heechul, why don't you bring Yoogeunnie out for a short walk while I talk to Eunhyuk?" Leeteuk suggested.

Heechul nodded, "Don't worry, I won't kidnap your son." He reassured as he eyes the uncertainty in Eunhyuk's eyes. He went out of the ward, playing with the boy.

Leeteuk settled down on the sofa and gestured for Eunhyuk to do the same.

"How are you?" He asked as Eunhyuk sank into the seat, "You look horrible."

Eunhyuk sighed, "You know the answer, hyung. I have never been worse."

Leeteuk patted him on the shoulder, "It will be fine hyuk."

"How... How's everything?" Eunhyuk questioned. It has been a few days since the news broke out, but he had been too afraid to call anyone or read any news to find out the situation.

"The members are concern, Hyuk. Heechul insisted on tagging along when I told him I am visiting you and Yoogeun. The others are bombarding me with questions every other hour. Me and Hae have to stop them all from rushing here."

"That... That's nice to hear." Eunhyuk could feel tears gathering in his eyes as he thought of his fellow members who chose to stand by him at this point of time.

"I told you, we are brothers, we stand by each other." Leeteuk reassured.

"What about the company... And everyone else?"

"The representatives are not too happy about this of course, " Leeteuk answered directly, "But I told them to leave you alone until the operation is done. And they agreed, since they needed time to figure out how to handle this situation anyway. They are hoping the news will die down in a few weeks time, and it will be easier for you and for them to explain to everyone."

"Your fans are crying." Leeteuk could not help but chuckle, "They gather outside our dorm every night asking for you with tears in their eyes, heartbroken that their idol has a son."

Eunhyuk laughed, as sadistic as it might be, but it feels good to know that he is that well loved by his fans. As the very least they did not stage a protest or something against him.

"But all that's not what you should worry about at this point of time, " Leeteuk said, "Just take good care of Yoogeun. On the bright side, no judge on the right mind will take the son away from a father who donated a kidney without so much as a second thought."

Eunhyuk could not help but smile, his leader hyung always knew how to make him feel better.

The two continued to chat for a bit, before the door opened again revealing Heechul and Yoogeun.The twosome laughing happily.

"Appa!" Yoogeun shouted as he came in, "Yoogeun likes Heechul hyung."

"Heechul hyung?" Eunhyuk echoed, "What have you done to brainwash my son, hyung?"

Heechul sniggered, "Didn't take much. He is so much cuter than you, hyuk. How did you manage to have such a son?" He asked joking as he hands Yoogeun back to Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk would have smack his hyung if not for Yoogeun who is in his arms.

Leeteuk stood up, chuckling at the childish two, "All right, we got to go, hyuk.You take care of yourself and Yoogeun. We will be here for the transplant. To show some support."

Eunhyuk nodded, appreciating the effort.

"Catch some sleep before you become panda." Heechul commented, "Bye Yoogeunnie, Heechul hyung will come visit you again soon!"

Yoogeun waved happily at Heechul, "Yoogeunnie will miss Heechul hyung!"

Eunhyuk shook his head in disbelief, wondering what in the world did Heechul do to his son.

--

 Sorry, took a while to update, I had alot of things on hands recently. Thanks to all who waited patiently! This chapter is alittle boring haha will try to make things more exciting. Probably a few more chapters and the story will come to an end!