Chapter 1

I've My Grip On You

Eunhyuk sat down in his car, his eyes fixed on the gates of the school.

"Anytime now." He muttered as he gave a quick glance to his watch.

As if responding to him, the school gate opened, and groups of children walked out, led by their teachers. Parents flooded towards the school, receiving their beloved little ones.

Spotting the familiar figure, Eunhyuk lowered his cap and put on his sunglasses before getting out of his car. He smiled widely as the little one rushed up to him.

"Appa!" The beautiful child shouted as he hugged Eunhyuk's leg.

Chuckling, Eunhyuk bend down and picked him up, "Had fun today, Yoogeun?"

Yoogeun nodded his head, "Yoogeun loves school."

Giving his son a kiss on the cheek, Eunhyuk gently placed him on the baby seat in the car, before getting on himself.

"Where are we going, appa?" Yoogeun asked, toying with the seat belt tightly fastened around him.

"We are going home." Eunhyuk said, "Grandma asked us to be home for dinner early. She cooked Yoogeunie's favourite food."

"Ice cream?" Yoogeun asked, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

Eunhyuk laughed at the cuteness of it, "Ice cream if you finish your food tonight."

Yoogeun clapped his little hands, "Yoogeun loves appa!"

"Do you love appa, or do you love ice cream?" Eunhyuk asked in amusement.

But he received no reply from the little kid, as he returned to toying with the seat belt.

--

"Umma! We are home." Eunhyuk said.

Yoogeun struggled out of his arms, and ran into the house, in search of his grandma.

"Be careful!" Eunhyuk called out, but his warning was in vain as the little boy only ran faster.

Eunhyuk shook his head in defeat.

"How is school today, my little baby?" Mrs Lee cooed as she gathered the boy in her arm.

"We made paper planes today!" Yoogeun said excitedly, making flying motions with his arms.

Mrs Lee laughed as she gave her beloved grandson a kiss on the chubby cheeks.

"What about your son here, uuummmmaaaa." Eunhyuk whined, feeling jealous at the lack of attention.

Mrs Lee snorted, "Grow up, son."

Eunhyuk huffed in exasperation. So now the grandson is more important than the son.

"Let's eat and ignore appa." Mrs Lee said out loud, "I made Yoogeun's favourite pumpkin porridge today."

"Hey!" Eunhyuk protested as he got up from  his seat and trailed before the two, "I like pumpkin porridge too!"

--

"Do you need to go off soon?" Mrs Lee asked.

Eunhyuk nodded as wiped Yoogeun's dripping hair, "I got to go after I tuck him in. We have a recording tomorrow morning."

Mrs Lee nodded, "I can tuck him in. You can go back earlier to rest."

"It's okay umma. It's not everyday that I get to tuck him in."

With Super Junior's busy scheudule, Eunhyuk would count himself lucky if he get to see his son once a week. To him, every moment with Yoogeun is precious. And he cannot explain the joy everytime he sees his son, when he gets to gather Yoogeun in his arms, when he gets to kiss his chubby cheeks, when he gets to feed him, bathe him and tuck him in. Oh, how he wish he gets to go that every day. There is nothing he loves more than this cute little bundle of joy.

"Time to sleep, Yoogeun." Eunhyuk declared as he carried him in his arms, walking to the bedroom.

"Will appa come see Yoogeun again?" Yoogeun asked as he wrapped his little arms around Eunhyuk's neck.

"Of course appa will come. Appa will buy you ice cream again." Eunhyuk said as he lay the boy on his bed.

Yoogeun smiled widely as he hugged on tightly to his little bolster. But his smile did not last long as he saw Eunhyuk reached into the drawer, pulling out the familiar bottle.

"Yoogeun no want medicine." He whined.

"You have to, Yoogeun. If not you will fall sick, and appa will be sad." Eunhyuk explained, "Do you want appa to be sad?"

Yoogeun shook his head, "Appa.. Happy."

Eunhyuk gently  raised him up to a sitting position, and feeding him a spoonful of the bitter liquid.

"Will Yoogeun get well soon?" The boy asked innocently.

Eunhyuk nodded as he ruffled his soft hair, "Yes, Yoogeun will get well one day."

He felt bad for lying, but he did not know what else to say. His heart breaks everytime he gets reminded of this. Why does such a cute innocent boy have to be born with such a disease?

"Sleep well tonight Yoogeun." Eunhyuk said as he gave his son a kiss on the forehead, "Appa will be back to visit you."

Yoogeun nodded as he kissed his appa on the cheek, "Yoogeun will  miss you."

Eunhyuk chuckled at the cuteness as he made sure that Yoogeun is fully covered by the blanket, "Appa loves you."

He sat, watching, till he heard the soft breathing sound which indicate that his boy is asleep. Only then did he stand up. He gave one last look to the chubby face before walking towards the door reluctantly. How he wish he can just lie down beside the boy and hug him to sleep. He sighed as he switched off the light, his heart feeling heavy as he left.

--

It was already 12pm when he got back to the dorm. He was surprised some of the members are still awake.

"Where did you go Eunhyuk! You were gone for the whole day!" Sungmin exclaimed as he saw Eunhyuk walked through door.

"I... I went to visit my mum." Eunhyuk said. Well, that was not entirely a lie, but still, he felt guilty that he could not tell s the entire truth.

Leeteuk nodded in understanding. Only the leader knows about this secret of his. He has regularly confide in Leeteuk, and the latter has been a wonderful listener, advisor and support. Eunhyuk is grateful he has someone that he can share his troubles with.

"Why are you all awake still?" Eunhyuk asked, "Thought we have recording early tomorrow?"

Donghae nodded, "We were just about to head to bed when you came in!"

Donghae stood up and went to the door, with Eunhyuk trailing behind him.

"How's your mother?" Donghae asked as he changed into his pyjamas.

Eunhyuk smiled, "She's okay, still strong and healthy."

"That's good." Donghae said, "You know, everytime you looked different everytime you come back from home."

"Different?" Eunhyuk asked, curious.

"There's this glow on you... Like, you are really happy." Donghae answered, looking at Eunhyuk, "You really love you mum alot, I think."

Eunhyuk chuckled, "Yeah I do, I guess."

Trust Donghae to be so sensitive to these tiny details. But yes, other than Leeteuk, Donghae is probably the closest to him. Donghae knows him inside out, and has always been there for him since they debuted. And he promised himself, that one day, he will pluck out the courage and let Donghae into the secret life of his.

--