Bonus Chap IV : The Inseparable Duo

I Love You The Most (you and I know that)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They are in the middle of their break after hours of dance practice when Hyoyeon suddenly threw out the question. 

 

“Mwoyaa~~ you two are conjoined twins or what?” Hyoyeon asked in amusement to their newly-formed-badass-cool gal gang’s youngest duo who sit beside each other yet again, like always. 

 

Karina just shyly laughed, while Winter who huddled close beside her just grinned like a happy kid she is. 

 

“I mean you two literally never leave each other’s side! You guys even went to the restroom together. Always.” Hyoyeon added.

 

The other girls chuckled at the playful comment. Just Hyoyeon being Hyoyeon. Nothing new. 

 

“We’re in the same group, unnie. Knowing each other the longest. So I think it’s kind of natural, almost like an instinct now? For us to always stick together.” Karina said with a smile. 

 

“Yeah? Is that so? But Taeyeon and I are not like you two. We’re not always attached by hips like you and Minjeong. In fact, even after more than a decade being together in the same group, knowing each other much longer than that, Taeyeon is still kind of awkward with me. Honestly I feel that suffocating awkwardness too from time to time.” And again, Hyoyeon being Hyoyeon straightforwardly said, earning laughs from the other GOT The Beat’s members. Including Taeyeon herself. 

 

“Yah!” Taeyeon playfully yelled at her group-mate for exposing her. She threatened to punch her too from afar since the two sit on each end of the couch. 

 

Hyoyeon just smugly smiled and shrugged. 

 

The spectators just laughed harder at the two banter. 

 

“But that’s true! Or look at Seulgi and Seungwan. They are the best-friends! They even sing that Best Friend song. But they’re also not always clinging at each other’s side like you two.” Hyoyeon said, still trying to prove her point. 

 

Seulgi and Wendy nodding their heads in agreement. But there’s a warm-motherly smile on their face as they look at the duo maknae that they can’t help but to adore. 

 

Karina tried to explain again, speaking for her and Winter because the Maltese-like girl surely won’t say a thing like the usual. She always let Karina to speak for her. She always let Karina to take the lead, taking care of everything for her.

 

“Uh— that’s—“

 

Taeyeon who was quietly watching from the side finally decided to step in after sensing the helplessness in the young leader’s voice. 

 

“Hey hey, stop interrogating them, Hyo. They’re still young, that’s why. We were like that too when we were at their age. Always stick close to each other. Giggling together almost at everything.” Taeyeon said. 

 

“First, you said it like we’re grannies now. We’re not that old yet, Kim Taeyeon. We’re still young too, okay? And second, we were like that you said… we? What do you mean by we? Surely not me and you, right? We were never clinging at each other. But you and—“

 

“Yah! Aishii—-“

 

“Taeyeon! No swearing in front of these innocent kids! Please!” Boa quickly interjected. 

 

“Ah n-ne, unnie.” Taeyeon answered and the younger members only laughed at Taeyeon being reprimanded by their oldest unnie.

 

Karina was laughing with them too, when she suddenly feel a warm-soft hand touching hers. Positioning their hands beside each other’s so they would gently brushed. 

 

Without looking, Karina swiftly, easily, interlocked their fingers. And then stealthily moved their hands to hide in between their thighs, thinking no one would see it. 

 

But one person saw that anyway. 

 

Karina’s eyes met Taeyeon’s playful ones. Sending them a knowing look. 

 

“Thank you.” Karina quietly mouthed at the older girl. Because Taeyeon helped them. By diverting the unwanted attention that was dangerously directed at them at the right time.

 

Taeyeon just made face at that before she continue her banter with Hyoyeon. 

 

***

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter