Bonus Chap III : I might be mad at you but that doesn’t mean I’ll stop caring about you

I Love You The Most (you and I know that)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And what's even worse?
That we don't even remember why we're fighting.

So both of us are mad for nothing.
Fighting for nothing.
Crying for nothing.

 

(Mad - NeYo)

 

~~~~~~

 

 

They fought again. Over some petty things.

 

Minjeong forgot about their sacred promise to visit the newly opened cafe near their dorm together. And instead she went there with a friend from high school that happened to visit Seoul.

 

Jimin is sulking. No, she is mad. 

 

Giving Minjeong a cold shoulder since yesterday. (Yesterday was the day when Minjeong went to that cafe with her friend without telling Jimin! And Jimin only found out about that after their manager told her.)

 

"Unnie, are you still mad at me?" Minjeong asked while putting her best puppy eyes. And a pout as a cherry on top. 

 

Unfortunately Jimin didn’t even look at her direction. Refused to do so. 

 

"No." Jimin coldly answered. Her eyes never for a second, left her phone’s screen. 

 

"You sure?"

 

"Yes." 

 

“Aaarrggh! See? You’re totally still mad at me. I’m sorry, okay? I got too excited when I heard that Jieun will be in Seoul. We haven’t seen each other for years. And I didn’t know where to bring her to. So I spontaneously offer to go to that cafe since it’s near our dorm.”

 

“Yeah?” Jimin finally titled her head slightly to meet Minjeong’s eyes. 

 

“Y-yeah.” Minjeong thickly gulped. Because Jimin’s eyes are void of emotions and that kinda scared Minjeong. Because her Jimin unnie’s eyes were always warm. Full of love and affections. So this cold-emotionless eyes are so unfamiliar to her. 

 

Guess Minjeong really made Jimin mad this time. 

 

Actually Minjeong is just being unlucky because she enraged Jimin when she’s on her period. That’s just like suicidal. 

 

“I see. You were that excited huh to meet your friend? Then why don’t you date her instead?” 

 

“W-what? Ah Jimin unnie! C’mon! This start to get more and more ridiculous.”

 

Wrong move, Minjeong thought as soon as the words left . Because Jimin earlier cold eyes turned even colder now. And what even worse is Minjeong swore she can see the pain in them. 

 

“Wow. Ridiculous huh? My sister asked me to go to that cafe with her. But I rejected because I said I already promised Minjeong that we’ll go there together. And I intended to keep my promise. 

 

I did that for you, Minjeong. Call me ridiculous or whatsoever. But to me, I’m simply being someone who keep my promise and take it seriously. Unlike a certain someone who go around and break promises so easily without even feeling genuinely guilty about it.”

 

There are tears in Jimin’s eyes now that Minjeong badly want to wipe away. But her pride, her stupid pride, prevent her from doing it. 

 

So she just stupidly stay rooted on her place. 

 

Jimin gave her another second, another chance to fix this mess, but Minjeong didn’t take that chance. 

 

Jimin just scoffed and weakly shook her head before she turned away from Minjeong. Leaving the younger behind.

 

Minjeong wanted to go after Jimin. She wanted to apologize again and hugs the older tight in her embrace, burying her face in the crook of Jimin’s neck, her favorite hideout. She won’t let go and won't leave Jimin alone until the older forgive her and they cuddle on the older’s bed like always. 

 

She wanted all of that. But she did none of it. 

 

Because turned out she’s a coward, too. She’s afraid Jimin will push her away, reject her, and that will hurt her pride even more. 

 

Yeah, again, that stupid pride. 

 

***

 

“Yo dumb. What’s with the long face?”

 

Instead of answering her roommate’s question, Minjeong just let out a long tired sigh as she harshly plopped down herself on her bed. 

 

And that worries Aeri. 

 

“Hey. What happened?”

 

“Jimin.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Jimin happened.”

 

“You two fought?”

 

Minjeong weakly nodded her head. Suddenly she feels like all of her energy get drained out of her body. Fighting with Jimin always exhaust her the most. More than any hard dance practice she ever had.  

 

“Aigoo. Whatever it is, just let her to cool down first. You know she’ll come around eventually. She always do that.”

 

“But I think it won’t be that easy this time. She seems pretty mad at me.”

 

“What did you do this time, kiddo?”

 

“Just being an idiot I am. Nothing new.” Minjeong shrugged. She already acknowledge it was her mistake. But she just didn’t know how to make Jimin forgive her. 

 

“Aeri unnie..”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I have a favor to ask.”

 

“What is that?”

 

“Tomorrow. We’ll fly to New York. Can you please stay close beside her? Please?”

 

“Aigoo.. You don’t have to speak like that. As if you’re begging to me. Of course I’ll do that. For you and for Jimin. She’s my friend, you silly.”

 

“Thank you, Aeri unnie. I’ll text Yizhuo too, to ask her the same thing. I’m afraid the crowd will overwhelm her and add unnecessary pressure for her. And the thought of flying in an airplane, something that she’s scared of, will only put more stress into her. We need to look after her tomorrow. So I was thinking to make a certain formation tomorrow if you don’t mind?”

 

“Continue..”

 

“So we’ll be walking in one straight line. Yizhuo at the furthest back. Then Jimin unnie. Then you. And I’ll be at the front to lead the way. I’ll try to make a way for us to go through.”

 

“Wow. So it’s like a special operation to keep Miss Yu Jimin safe and unharmed?”  Minjeong vigorously nodded her head. 

 

“Second wow. Now we’re not only her members but also her personal bodyguards, huh? SM didn’t pay me enough for this.” Aeri laughed. 

 

“Why you’re so whipped, Kim Minjeong?” Aeri said teasingly. 

 

“Unnie~~ I’m being serious here. I’m just worry about her.” Minjeong pouted. 

 

“Alright alright. I’ll stop with the teasing. But seriously though. How sweet and thoughtful you are. Jimin is lucky to have you.” 

 

“No, trust me, it’s me who’s lucky to have her.” Minjeong said with a dreamy smile. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter