Bonus chap : Baby, We’re Just So Different (But That What Makes Us, Us.)

I Love You The Most (you and I know that)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One prefers a peaceful silence. (Ps: She has a rather ‘weak’ heart. Even smallest voice could surprise her)

One prefers some noises (She loves to make noises).

 

Stomp stomp stomp

 

Jimin is cranky. Why? Because she’s sleep deprived and sleep is all she needs. But how can she has a peaceful sleep if her neighbor is just too loud for her liking.

 

She stomped her way toward the duo Dumb and Dumber’s room with big strides. 

 

She still knocked twice though before she pushed the door open with some force. No matter how upset she is, she’s still a good mannered person. 

 

“Oh my God Kim Minjeong tone it down will you?! Please?!” See, a well-mannered girl who always use the magic word whenever she asks for something. 

 

Aeri immediately shut tight. Earlier she was laughing with Minjeong (though of course Minjeong’s laughter was louder and wilder than hers), because the Yangsan girl kept making some silly jokes that really fit well with her humor style. 

 

But after seeing how her same age friend is fuming right now, she knows that all hell is about to break loose. 

 

So she saved her first by dashing out of her room in hurry with her phone against her left ear. (Upside down actually, but luckily none of them, obviously not even Aeri herself, seem to realized that amiss.)

 

“Yes, mom? Wait wait. I can’t really hear you. Hello?” She quickly said as she walked passed Jimin. The acting lesson she once took finally come in handy. 

 

Minjeong sent her new roommate a death glare and mouthed, “Traitor!” 

 

Before she faced Jimin again with her angelic smile.

 

“Jimin unnie~~ Ehe..he-he. I woke you up?” Minjeong innocently asked in her teeny tiny cute voice, aegyo overflowing. Hoping it will somehow appease Jimin. 

 

Because Minjeong is perfectly aware of the soft spot that their group leader has for anything, anyone, that is cute. And Minjeong, without any doubt, is included in that ‘cute thing’ category. 

 

Because Minjeong and being cute is like one entity that impossible to be separate from one and another.

 

And guess it somehow works because Jimin’s eyes went softer for a split second. But then the older girl shook her head as if trying to physically tell herself to get a grip and not weakling. And by the next second, Jimin is already glaring at Minjeong again. 

 

“You think?” She dangerously asked, obviously unhappy. 

 

“Ya real cool? You’re not~~” Minjeong wholeheartedly sang. A true Sone, indeed. 

 

“We’re not playing guessing the song’s next lyrics, Kim Minjeong!” Jimin barked while Minjeong just sheepishly smiled at the older. 

 

“I’m sorry, unnie. That I woke you up, again. With my loud voice. I just keep forgetting to tone it down. I’m really sorry. This is why I refused to be your roommate. No matter how much I would love to share the room with you.” 


Jimin raised one of her eyebrows. “Because I’m not that fond of noise and you always make noise?”

 

“Yeah, because I’m this noisy brat who can’t stand cold. While you, you’re sensitive with noises and enjoy coldness. 

 

I’m afraid if we share the room, I will only disturb you. And I don’t want that. But guess what? Be roommate or not, I still disturbed you any other way!” Minjeong sighed.
 

“Just maybe it will be worse if we share the room. Once again, I’m sorry, unnie. I’ll be quiet now.” Minjeong sincerely said with her head hung low. She looks genuinely sorry and guilty. Especially after she spotted the dark circles under Jimin’s eyes. 

 

Their leader is always work the hardest.

 

And Jimin (blame her soft heart and her soft spot for anything cute, especially for someone named Kim Minjeong), just can’t stay angry at the sad Maltese-like girl anymore. 

 

“It’s okay. I can just try to go back to sleep. Just please don’t be too loud okay? We all need a proper rest after our tight practices in these past few days. And you better get some rest too. Can’t afford having a fallen soldier when our comeback is nearing.” Jimin softly said. Her eyes are soft too as she speaks. She doesn’t look angry anymore. Just concerned. 

 

“Ne, unnie.” Minjeong gave Jimin a small smile as she raised her thumbs up as confirmation. 

 

Jimin walked closer toward where Minjeong is currently sitting at and stopped in front of her to give the younger girl a pat on her head before she leaned down and replaced her palm with her lips. 

 

She kissed the top of Minjeong’s head and softly whispered, “Unnie is sorry for yelling earlier. Forgive me?"

 

Minjeong immediately wrapped her arms around Jimin’s slender waist and pulled her closer until Minjeong can buried her face in Jimin’s flat-toned stomach. 

 

“Hmm. It’s owkaay. I do deserved to be yell at sometimes.” Minjeong’s babylike voice slightly get muffled against the fabric of Jimin’s oversized T-shirt. 

 

Jimin lowly chuckled at that. And Minjeong soon followed suit by letting out her own light chuckles. 

 

The two had a small smile plastered on their faces when they broke the hug. Silently telling each other, ‘you’re okay. we’re okay’ with their eyes. 

 

Jimin sleepily waved at Minjeong and heads back toward her room to catch some more sleep. And Minjeong continues to watch some funny videos that she paused earlier when Jimin dashed inside the room. But surely much quieter this time. 

 

She also didn’t forget to text Aeri;

 

“The coast is clear now. You can come back, dumb!”

 

Minjeong and Jimin.. They loved to tease each other, annoyed each other to death sometimes, and bickered on daily basis. They had arguments, sometimes small and trivial, but sometimes a more serious-bigger ones.

 

Because they are just a two different persons with two different personalities. Even almost the opposite of each other’s at some aspects. 

 

But at the end of the day, nothing could break them apart. Nothing could really separate the two. 

 

Nothing can change the fact that they will always get each other’s back and will always claim the spot beside each other.

 

As if the place beside Jimin was always Minjeong’s from the beginning.

 

***

 

The rocket puncher who found snakes and crocodiles cute, wishing to go back in time just so she can meet dinosaurs in person, but scared, so damn scared of birds. 

 

And the armamenter who’s scared of bugs and worm.

 

Jimin was lazily scrolling through her private SNS when she heard the loud yelling and shouting that almost gave her poor heart a heart attack. 

 

You see, Jimin is someone who’s easily get surprised. That’s just her nature. Even small sudden noises can surprised her. 

(Even the sudden appearance of her own gorgeous face on the big screen in front of her can surprised her.) 

 

So let’s just say this loud scream almost made her fall from her bed. 

 

Three familiar shrieking voices can be heard from outside her room, overlapping and blending with one and another like a disastrous choir. 

 

“AAAAAHHHH!!!”

 

Uchinaga’s. Jimin recognized the shriek. 

 

“IIIIIKKKKKHHHIYAAAA!”

 

As expected from the team’s main vocal. Ning Yizhuo hits her high notes perfectly yet again. 

 

Jimin continues to naming the voice’s owner in her head. 

 

“UNNIEE!! JIMIN UNNIEEEEE!!!!”

 

Yeah, and lastly, that heart-wrenching, desperate call for her. 

 

Unmistakably belong to the snow-girl who hates cold. 

 

Her snow-girl, that seems to know no other name aside from Jimin’s to shout whenever she needs help. Maybe thinking Jimin is some kind of superhero who will save her whenever Minjeong is in danger or in trouble. 

 

Jimin won’t admit it out loud, but it’s almost like her instinct now. Whenever Minjeong needs a help, whenever Minjeong is indeed in some kind of dangerous or troublesome situation, Jimin will always be the first one, the fastest one to react by rushing toward the younger. 

 

And so some goes to the current situation. 

 

Hearing Minjeong desperately calling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter