Blue Skies

The Way I Loved You

Both Mina and Chaeyoung are busy scrolling in their respective phones, looking so serious, when they are just looking for a place to relax because they want it to be outside their apartment for a change.

 

“Hey, what about a private garden? So it’s not actually a public place where we can be disturbed with our privacy?”

 

“Then why did you agree to go outside when you want privacy? We should’ve just stayed here for our date, then”

 

Chaeyoung chuckled at her girlfriend and tapped her shoulder lightly, as if to say that she’s serious about her suggestion and the girl should think about it. Mina then gave her a peck as an apology.

 

“Alright. I guess we can. I still haven’t seen anything that interests me, so I guess we can go with that.”

 

“Yey! Thanks, Mina!”

 

The younger looks like a little child who is excited to go outside their house and be in the outside world for the first time and Mina laughed at her because besides her height that indeed resembles a child, it’s also the way she clapped, jumped, and hugged her, as if she’s her Mom.

 

“Whatever. Anything for you, baby”

 

“Now, I really look like a literal baby. It’s funny.”

 

“Good thing you know about it.”

 

“But you still love me”

 

“Of course”

 

There’s a comfortable silence before they decided to sit on the couch and savor every moment they have together.

 

“Can you imagine that we’re actually near our 300 days together already?”

 

“Honestly, same thoughts. It’s just feels like yesterday when you’re head over heels about me, trying to literally and figuratively chase me so I don’t have any choice but to go out with you”

 

“Hey! For your information, you were the one who was head over heels about me, Myoui Mina! Your friends told me how you love the way I sing, write raps, dance, paint, and most importantly, direct films because you said I look so attractive when I’m serious doing stuff that includes my passion”

 

“FINE! God. Who wouldn’t resist a Son Chaeyoung? Of course, the answer is not me. Isn’t it obvious?”

 

“Alright. I love you. I’m all yours, okay?”

 

“No. You are you and I am me. But we do love each other, okay?”

 

“Ah. Yes, you’re right, Mina. How did I even think of that?” 

 

The girl just pouted at her that made her give her a quick peck on her lips and they instantly decided to go to the grocery and prepare for the things they need to bring for their date.

 

The whole grocery journey was chaotic but fun and sweet. Both of them thinks that they are living the domestic life they once talked about, not just living under one roof, but also preparing to be settling down once they’re already settled with their respective lives and gradually build their own family, if they want to.

 

It was messy, considering the fact that Chaeyoung keeps on putting things in their cart that is not in their grocery list and running the cart as if she’s a kid who has been at the grocery for the first time that Mina doesn’t have any choice but to just laugh at her girlfriend and put back the things in their original shelf, but keeping the cookies and chocolates for their sweet tooth.

 

When they went back to their apartment, they just arranged all the things they bought, including the things they will bring for their date and just cuddled all night until they fall asleep in each other’s arms.

 

Once they arrived at the private garden they have a reservation with beforehand, they immediately felt relaxation the place could bring them and the both of them couldn’t regret everything about coming to the place because it is literally and definitely worth it to celebrate their 300 days together as a couple.

 

“We really came this far because of the love we have for each other. I’m just so happy that became my partner, Mina. I’m just so lucky to have you here, you’re literally a blessing in my life and I will forever be grateful for that.”

 

“I know. It really feels like yesterday when we’re just being teased by our friends because we both have a crush with each other but can’t admit our feelings for one another, and now we’re finally here. Thank you for staying by my side since day one, Chaeyoung.”

 

They shared a sweet kiss before they let their backs lay down on the picnic blanket they brought with them as Mina casually lays her head on Chaeyoung’s chest. It was a picture perfect scene and everything seems so perfect for the both of them.

 

The dreams they built together within their relationship suddenly just came of their mind and they love everything about it. They are strongly hoping that they could all achieve it together.

 

They hope to travel the whole world and collect fridge magnets so their fridge will showcase how many countries they have already been, aside from those, they will also collect polaroid photos from every country and put it on a corkboard, put some designs on it. They hope to drink different coffees from different cities, collect every bean and tissues of different shops and create a collage out of it. They hope to cuddle under thousands of stars, feel the night breeze, and just be there, be in the moment. They hope to live longer and be together for more decades to come. And so much more that they can’t even mention all of it.

 

The blue skies above is smiling at the both of them, but why does their heart feels pain? The blue skies give them serenity, alongside the whole atmosphere of the place, but why do they suddenly feel heaviness in their chest, as if there’s something that tells them they can’t achieve all the dreams they talked about together?

 

“How did you imagine our future together?”

 

Chaeyoung doesn't look so amazed with Mina's question and there's already no excitement when answering that question, it seems like the sudden wind that came in their direction made them feel that there’s suddenly something wrong in themselves, in their relationship.

 

They have so many plans for the future, for their relationship and they want to fulfill all of it in the future together, but imagining all of it now, at the current moment where they are celebrating their 300 days together at that peaceful place, they just know that they both can't already see their future together, hand in hand.

 

It was not a surprise for the both of them already, even if they do love each other, even if they do care for each other and stayed beside each other since day one, that they will still get tired of each other, that they will eventually feel that it’s just too much for the both of them.

 

Maybe 300 days were already enough for them to be together and they don't need to prolong it any longer. Maybe it will be the longest they can be together as partners and nothing more. Maybe it is just the numbered days they are allowed to be together and after that, they will go to their separate ways already.

 

The blue skies were relaxing, it gives a different kind of tranquility to their whole being, but they both know, the moment they wake up the next day, it will already be the end of their relationship, and no matter how much they tried, Mina and Chaeyoung still didn’t end up with each other.