Before You Go

The Way I Loved You

It is Mina’s 5th sigh that night and she’s really close to get mad at the person in front of her, if not for the dominating feelings she has in her heart that tells her to calm down, understand, and reminded herself that there’s still a way to fix their damn mess and she should think of the happy memories they will share and they will have in the future.

 

Though, she’s trying so hard to calm herself down by closing her eyes and pretending not to hear any word from the other person, it’s not helping because the latter just keeps on indirectly telling her that she’s not trusting her enough—her words and actions, herself and she keeps on doubting Mina about her recent activities. It certainly makes Mina thinks that it’s unfair because she’s giving all her trust to the other yet all she does was to doubt her.

 

“You’ll still not answer me? You’ll still not explain what happened in the past months when you’re mostly with that freaking man rather that your own girlfriend? Are you really forgetting that you’re in a relationship and there’s already someone who owns your heart?”

 

Mina wants to say that she is her own person, that no one owns her because it’s the reality, but she’s honestly just exhausted of their whole setup for more than 2 months already and she can’t think straight whether or not she will keep going or stop now.

 

She doesn’t want to get scolded at, unless it’s related to work and her own business and she knows that she really did a terrible thing. She doesn’t want to get shouted at, unless the person didn’t intend to shout at her. She doesn’t want to be spearhead with her actions and words, unless the idea just makes sense and it applies to both parties. But when it comes to this one thing, it seems like she just can’t fight for herself and stand for right, because her heart tells her to keep on understanding and loving.

 

“Just tell me the reason why do you keep on clinging to your so called boss, Mina. Just tell me why is it gradually going personal when you should’ve just worked together and nothing else? I’ll accept and move on if it’s just for a week or less, I’ll truly understand that’s the case. But, really? 2 months? It’s already 2 months and yet you keep on extending your working hours just to be together? That’s just bull.”

 

“I ing told you already that it’s pure work, Chaeyoung. Pure damn work. If he has some intentions to make a move on me, it’s already his problem, not mine. Because it’s damn obvious that I will not replace you for someone, for any man that I don’t see any future with. God.”

 

Mina’s tired of Chaeyoung. It’s the truth and she thinks she should already stop pretending that she’s not. She understands the way she acts in the first few weeks when she’s indeed starting to become close to her boss, she understands because she knows that she’s already taken and she respects Chaeyoung both as her girlfriend and as a person, but she thinks that the girl is slowly crossing the line and thinking only of her own sake, not minding her partner’s feelings.

 

She doesn’t know she can be that possessive girlfriend that gradually irritates her to the bones because there’s really nothing to worry about and all she’s asking from the girl is her trust and respect as she’s giving the same thing, adding the honesty, and yet Chaeyoung is still not convinced that she’s just doing all of that for work and nothing more.

 

And it’s not just about her boss that she suddenly became close with because they have similar hobbies that is connected to their new project they’re working on that is assigned to them by higher authorities, but also the fact that she’s prohibiting her from dressing the way she wants, particularly the clothes she wears for work, saying it’s too short or revealing that might attract her boss more when it’s just the usual length and design, even similar to the clothes she’s wearing before the whole fiasco have happened.

 

The girl also limits her time she spends with her friends or some other people, beside Chaeyoung and their respective families, saying she should also give her time the most to her because they are in a relationship and therefore she should pay attention to them the most that Mina thinks that is just nonsense because Chaeyoung literally doesn’t act like that when they were just starting but things suddenly changed when Chaeyoung came home alone, so drunk and seems like she drunk by herself and thought of things.

 

And on Chaeyoung’s defense, she only acts that way, being possessive and all, because she doesn’t want to lose the girl.

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t want to lose Mina.

 

She doesn’t want anyone or anything to take Mina away from her because she believes that the girl belongs to her and therefore she shouldn’t be a possession of others.

 

It is also her way of protecting her girlfriend from all the possible dangers outside their shared apartment as she considers everything outside a bad one and can harm both her and Mina.

 

That’s why she thinks of ways to protect her and to keep on sticking by her side and that’s the thing she believes will work the best.

 

After that pretty huge fight they had and can also be considered as a confrontation, they had a silent war and literally did not talk for hours when they are both inside their place just because if one will talk, they think that it will either make or break them (they both know it is the latter).

 

That silent war made them slowly realize that maybe, or most likely, they really don’t love each other.

 

They don’t love one another fully, they just had the courage to do so because they promised their Moms that they will stay together for a long time before both women passed away.

 

That made them ponder about the fact that they were just pushed to be together and love one another as a respect to their Moms who has been best friends for a really long time and roots for the both of them.

 

They contemplated that the love they share all over the years was just out of respect and part of the fulfillment of their Moms’ last words to them.

 

After a week of silent war, Mina just woke up one day and concluded that in this universe, she can’t be with Chaeyoung. She won’t end up with Chaeyoung.

 

“I’ll leave. Before we wake up regretting what we’ve done.”

 

Chaeyoung stared at the girl with all her belongings and didn’t even know how to act—if she will let her go or she will ask her to stay because she knows in herself that it is most likely the only choice they have to finally let their whole being be at peace.

 

Of course, Chaeyoung regretted it right away. She’s still awake and the next day is still not coming, but she’s already regretting. She could’ve said something to make Mina’s heart beat better. She could’ve said that she’s sorry for all of the things she have said and done, then she should’ve made her stay.

 

But no, just like Mina, she also woke up in this universe that tells the both of them that they won’t end up with each other.