Secret Oasis

The Way I Loved You

Safe haven.

 

It is what Mina can describe Chaeyoung, her loving girlfriend. When she’s with her, she feels all the security and protection she thinks the world has because Chaeyoung never fails to make her comfortable without thinking of the possibilities that might hurt her and make her cry.

 

Chaeyoung’s whole being can be liken to sanctuary. It is where Mina feels like she won’t be harm by anyone and anything because the girl will always be by her side to protect her, to hold her hand, and to keep her safe from any danger.

 

It is also where Mina can be herself without the need to put on her mask. She doesn’t need to sugarcoat everything about her personality because with Chaeyoung, she knows everything about her is accepted, including her weird habits and food combination, and the likes. She doesn’t need to pretend to be someone else because Chaeyoung already memorized her whole being, from the streak of her hair to the nails in her feet.

 

Chaeyoung is Mina’s safe haven in the darkness, in hardships. She is the one who can make her calm down, who assures her that she will always stay by her side so she doesn’t need to worry about anything. She is her safe haven, who literally likes to give cuddles every night until Mina falls asleep in her arms and wake up in a good mood every morning.

 

And it is what Mina loves about Chaeyoung the most—she never misses to be the great girlfriend that she is, always being the loving one and doing her best to express her love for Mina. She is the type of partner Mina doesn’t need to ask for anything anymore because she already has everything she needs for a wonderful partner.

 

With Chaeyoung, everything seems possible and beautiful because of how she handles their relationship together with her girlfriend, hand in hand.

 

Happiness.

 

It is the word Chaeyoung can instantly think of to describe her amazing girlfriend, Mina. Just by looking at her face, Chaeyoung can already feel the contentment in life, the relief in her chest because Mina is hers and vice versa, the serotonin boost whenever she smiles showing her gummy.

 

Just by being with Mina makes Chaeyoung happy the most. It is as if Mina is a happy virus, her own ray of sunshine who brings joy in her very being and always makes her heart happy, who always puts a wide smile on her face it almost reaches her ears.

 

Mina has that aura in her that makes Chaeyoung feels at ease because whenever she’s right beside her, she only thinks of happy thoughts and away from all the negativities in the world.

 

She also makes her forget about the bad things that happened in her life. She removes all the despair, regrets, disappointments, failures, and the similar things just by her presence and Chaeyoung is more than grateful because Mina makes it easier for her to breathe and appreciate the beauty of life because Mina is existing.

 

She is Chaeyoung’s happiness in sadness, in loneliness. She is the one who gives light in her dark world. She is the one who carries the torch that removes her from the darkness. She is the one who makes her feel that it’s okay to be sad and feel lonely, but always reminds her that she will always be there to make her happy, to always put a smile on her face without the need of pretending to be happy even if her heart is crying already. She is the one who makes her feel that it’s okay to feel a lot of things because she’s a human and therefore all her feelings and emotions are valid.

 

She also makes her happy with simple things, even in the middle of the night where everyone is at peace already and loving the serene atmosphere. Mina is there to remind her that no matter how exhausting the whole day may be for Chaeyoung and for the both of them, it is important to smile at the end of the day because she survived once again and still keep on moving forward.

 

With Mina, everything seems light and wonderful because of the way she spreads positivity and always makes Chaeyoung smile.

 

Together, they are one other’s definition of love.

 

Mina and Chaeyoung is each other’s classification of tenderness, warmth, intimacy, and attachment. Their presence brings all the things the word ‘love’ has to offer and it is really evident in their relationship that they are truly, crazily in love with each other.

 

One usual night when they both agreed to stay a little bit late, even if it is just a Thursday night and they still have their respective works the next day, they had a conversation, a casual one like they always have right before they sleep.

 

They are both not tired from work, not feeling any negative emotion, either. They just think that they are stating some facts and not sarcasm with their conversation. Their topic was unusual, but the tone whenever they deliver their words is usual, to the point that one can think that they are both okay with their respective opinions and they are respecting their decisions.

 

It was a kind of confrontation about their relationship that feels empty with just love in it and nothing else, with just comfort, happiness, and serenity.

 

“We need to understand that we did love each other, but that wasn’t enough.”

 

“Because we also need trust, honesty, and loyalty to one another, the validation of each other and not from anyone else around us, the goals we want and we need to build to strengthen our relationship, acceptance and forgiveness even just in small things, and admitting mistakes, no matter how it can either make or break us”

 

Solace dominated the whole atmosphere. Mina was the one who opened the topic and Chaeyoung was glad the girl is welcoming with the idea because she has been meaning to bring it up since last week, just didn't have the right timing because of their physical aspect every after work.

 

She believes that those kind of conversation will always come to them naturally, without any regrets and second thoughts, without the need to think of withdrawing their words and actions.

 

There’s really nothing wrong with their relationship, it is healthy, in fact. It is just because they think they have the right love at the wrong time because as what Mina has mentioned, yes, they did love each other, they did give the things they needed to give to each other and for their relationship to grow, but love wasn’t just enough for the both of them to stay and to make it one another.

 

The breakup was understandable by both sides, none of them even had to step up and offer to fix it because they know that they both need some time and space to think, and most likely, the breakup is the best choice that they both have, even if they really love each other and there’s no third party or whatsoever as the reason of their breakup.

 

Just one thing, they promised to make it with each other in the next universe they will be in, assured that they will find one another once again and reunite as Mina and Chaeyoung who loves each other deeply, and even more than that because when they woke up, as fast as that, the next thing they knew is that they still didn't end up with one another.