Happier

The Way I Loved You

A lot of bottles and drinking glasses on the table, scattered lemons and salt, as well as chicken pops and chips, yet the friend group is still not finished with their drinking session and it’s already 15 minutes past midnight.

 

Though, in their defense, they started late, exactly 10 in the evening, because they waited for Sana’s commercial shooting to finish, but that’s excuse is still not enough for them to drink until morning when they literally still have their respective works in the next few hours.

 

“Look at Mina staying strong in this session when we all know how weak she is when it comes to drinking”

 

“Uh, I think we should stop her already, though”

 

“Why? Let her be, she’s enjoying the drinks. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

 

“But…”

 

“WOOH! Let’s drink another bottle! Give me another vodka, please!”

 

“Damn, Myoui. Calm down. You already finished two whole bottles yourself. Are you that stressed and exhausted?”

 

“I don’t ing care, Park. Just give me another bottle or else I’ll toss all the plates here. Quick!”

 

“As if you can handle throwing all that to us when you’re so careful in every little thing around you?”

 

Nayeon and the rest of Mina’s friend was totally surprised that made them scream in unison when Mina indeed throw one plate at the floor and grabbed another vodka bottle placed at the other end of the table, then proceeded to drinking, as if she doesn’t have any companion.

 

“What the hell, Myoui Mina?! Stop drinking, you’re already drunk! Like, very drunk!”

 

Tzuyu aggressively grabs the glass and the bottle away from Mina but the latter was strong enough to hold on to her precious belongings (only at that given time because she thinks it’s hers and therefore she shouldn’t let go of it) and keeps on drinking while her eyes are almost closed and the volume of her voice is nowhere to be found, as it gets softer but serious and scary than usual.

 

“NO!”

 

“Mina, one!”

 

“TWOTHREEFOURFIVESIXSEVENEIGHTNINETEN! I know how to count, duh!”

 

She continued drinking while chuckling at herself that made some of her friends laugh at her, but Tzuyu was persistent and so she keeps on trying to take the glass and the bottle within Mina’s reach and let her stop drinking already.

 

“You should really stop drinking now, Mina. Or else you’ll do something you’ll regret once again like the last time you almost sold your precious car and give your limited edition Hermes bag as a freebie. Goddamn, you were so insane that time that you also almost jump off the bridge.”

 

The friend group then helped Tzuyu to stop Mina from drinking, but the latter still won’t give her glass and bottle up to her friends.

 

“Why are you underestimating me? Are you saying that I have a low alcohol tolerance when I actually have a high one, hello?! I already drunk a lot and I’m still here, you see? I’m still here, hurting, having a heartache when I was told that alcohol can relieve a heartache. Well, spoiler alert, it doesn’t and I’m just so dumb. So please let me drink a lot more”

 

“You literally rarely drink your whole life, yet you’re saying that you have a high alcohol tolerance? Don’t make us a fool here, Myoui. Let’s go home, it’s the best way to cure your broken heart”

 

“No, please. Let me stay here with all of you, girls. I miss you all”

 

For a moment, Mina made their hearts soft and they instantly gave the girl a warm hug that made her eventually calm down.

 

When Mina was already in control of all of them, she grabbed her purse and searched for her phone. Her initial move was to open her inbox and when she saw that there’s no one who messaged her, she immediately typed a name that is way too familiar for her fingers and started typing her message.

 

“Mt mum askef sbout u sgain”

 

Mina chuckled at herself while staring at her screen and when she instantly thought the person won’t reply to her, she keeps on flooding her inbox then.

 

“Shw askef wgere u were im thr past week and why ure not visitimg oyr housw snymorr”

 

“I said that ure busy at wprk wgen ure literslly busy with somwone else. Hahah Mina fool”

 

“FOOL FOR YOU”

 

“Godsamn. Y does my mum need to ask for u wgen im her dsughter? I dont hate her but I hate U”

 

“I reslly hste u to the bomes”

 

“Chaeyoung”

 

Mina drunk the drink in front of her seatmate Jihyo, bottoms up, and was immediately scolded by her friends because she shouldn’t supposed to drink anymore, but she can’t help it because she can feel the pain in her heart after she just texted the person she has been wanting to get rid of her whole life.

 

“Mina, honestly though, why can’t you move on from Chaeyoung and wasting your time in drinking so much when you can literally just find somebody else as your partner? Tell you what, there’s a lot of better people than Chaeyoung around you”

 

“Absolutely. You can just choose from your piling suitors and end your suffering with that girl. You’ll feel that ticklish feeling again someday, you know? It’s the end, move forward, you literally deserve better, Mina”

 

“Or mind to tell us that the actual reason why you still can’t move on is because she’s your first in everything, including that thing?”

 

“Momo, you’re not helping here. Shut the up”

 

“And what if I said yes?”

 

Momo then took Mina’s phone and saw that the latter indeed sent a text to her ex-girlfriend that is currently their topic.

 

“CONFIRMED. Myoui Mina, the ever strongest and powerful woman in her own company, still can’t move on from her stupid ex-girlfriend, Son Chaeyoung. Everyone, clap your hands for the most fool person in the world, Myoui Mina!”

 

They laughed at Momo while clapping as the girl holds Mina’s phone that shows the text conversation of her and Chaeyoung on the screen. Mina honestly doesn’t mind her friends grabbing her things and saying foul words to her because it’s true, she’s indeed a fool for love, a fool for Chaeyoung. She’s forever ruined by the girl.

 

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, bless her soul, was already deep asleep in the comfort of somebody else’s arms, when she’s suddenly awaken with the continuous buzzing and ringing of her phone that notifies her about text messages.

 

“Hey, why are you still awake?”

 

A soft voice was heard and Chaeyoung immediately looked back to see the person beside her who tries to open her eyes, but is too sleepy, so she immediately assured her that she’s okay.

 

“Ah, my phone keeps on beeping. Sorry for waking you up, Somi”

 

“Somi?”

 

“My love. Go back to sleep now, my love. I’ll just go reply to this”

 

“Make sure that it’s really important and get back here, my love”

 

“Alright”

 

Chaeyoung kissed Somi’s forehead and the girl went back to sleep. She went to their balcony and started reading the messages she got at an ungodly hour.

 

She scoffed when she saw a familiar name in her inbox who keeps on sending her random messages that tells that the person is indeed drunk and probably already passed out because it’s obvious in her texts that they already drunk too much.

 

“Chaeyoung, I’m serious here”

 

“I’m already drinking my 4th vodka bottle with my friends but my heart is still broken from our breakup”

 

“Why do you have to break up with me when I’m more than willing to fix everything? Why did you still look for someone else when I’m already right beside you?”

 

“Am I not enough? No, did I became ‘enough’ for you, ever since our relationship started?”

 

“Did you even love me?”

 

“Chaeyoung, it ing hurts. No matter how I drink this vodka in my glass, I still can’t forget about you”

 

“I’m betting you’re already sleeping with your new girl. Well, I actually like to break it to you, but I’ll keep on sending messages until Somi get mad at you and suspect you from cheating with your ex”

 

“Come back to me, Chaeyoung. Please give our relationship a second chance”

 

“I still love you, Chaeyoung”

 

Chaeyoung sighed while staring at her phone and holding to it tight. She suddenly wonders how Mina is feeling at that moment.

 

Mina, after drinking a lot of vodka and debating with her friends, struggling with her own self, eventually cried her heart out and expressed her emotion through her tears that didn’t stop her heart from aching too much, as if a torn keeps on picking on her heart.

 

“I know I was happier with Chaeyoung. I also know that she’s already with happy with someone else. But how can I move on when I’m still with her? I’m so damn tired to pretend that I’m okay when in fact, I’m not. Every night, I cry, hoping for Chaeyoung to come back to me, but the universe just keeps on slapping me with moments of Chaeyoung and Somi and how they’re so happy with each other, totally fit with one another”

 

“And that’s why we keep on telling you to move forward, Mina. You’re totally damaged. You need to fix yourself.”

 

“Come on, Mina. Do it for yourself, not for anyone”

 

“Life is nonsense without Chaeyoung in it. I don’t mind living if I don’t have her by my side”

 

The next day, when Mina woke up with a severe headache, she was reminded of how much she drunk the last night and how she can already feel the effect of it in her whole being. However, her heart break is still dominating of all the pain she is experiencing that morning. She then checked her phone to see what foolish thing she once again did when she was damn drunk. Instead of checking her own, she saw a reply from her own drunk messages that ended all her pain because she can conclude that it is the most heartbreaking message she received in her whole life.

 

“Mina, I’m sorry, but I really love Somi. She’s my world now and she means a lot to me. Find someone else to love as I can’t love you the same way anymore. Goodbye.”

 

And that just made Mina sober, even without drinking a really cold water, because her words were more than enough to know that in this universe, she still didn’t end up with her only love, Chaeyoung.