2, Finding a pattern

From the Future to the Past

It's been a month since the start of the incident. Jiyong keeps possessing his past self and he has to be a celebrity again in over 21 years. He never got used to it but has been able to do some in the last week.

He thinks to himself. (I need to find a pattern. What makes me possess him? What's the trigger and why am I possessing him in the first place?)

"You okay?" (Past Jiwon)

"... Yeah. I'm okay." (Jiyong) Even though he's not.

Hoping that nobody's watching, he starts to write in his notebook to his past self. 

'So, we're heading to our last schedule. It's a skit show where we act as students. I hope you watch this when I get back to myself.'

He's not sure if that last sentence made sense. Saying that, he realized nothing is making sense right now.

"What are you writing?" (Past Jaijin)

Jiyong quickly hides the notebook. "Nothing."

"Doesn't seem like nothing." (Past Sunghoon)

He's right. It's not nothing. He's hiding something and they shouldn't know anything about this.

 

After the taping was over, he quickly went to the dressing room to write in the notebook.

'It's 16:00. We finished taping for the show. I wonder how long this will last?'

Just as he was writing the last word, the others came in.

"Writing again?" (Past Suwon)

"Uh... No." (Jiyong)

"Doesn't seem like it." (Past Jaeduck)

"What in the notebook?" (Past Jiwon)

"It's nothing. I swear." (Jiyong) They looked at him suspiciously.

 

As they got to the van, Jiyong fell asleep. When he woke up, he was at his desk at work. He looks at the clock and only a few minutes have past. He calculates that an 30 minutes in the past is a minute in the present. That is just very confusing. Once he got home, he quickly thinks up ideas for what the trigger is.

"The first time it happened, the last thing I remember was sleeping. Then, when I woke up, I was in 1997. So does that mean everytime a sleep, I go to the past?" 

The could make sense. Saying that again, things are making any sense these days.

"Honey, we're home." (Yangim)

"Appa!" (Seungjae)

"Welcome home. Did you have a good day?" (Jiyong)

"Yes, appa. We played soccer today." (Seungjae)

"That sounds like fun." (Jiyong)

 

He waits until he falls asleep to make sure his hypothesis is correct. When he woke up, he was in his old apartment. So it was true. It happens everytime they fall asleep. He finds the notebook and writes in it.

'I figured out what the trigger is. It happens when we fall asleep. So try and not fall alseep during the day.'

As he wrote that, there was a knock on the door.

"Jiyong, hurry up. The others are waiting." (Manager)

"I'll be there." (Jiyong)

He quickly gets ready and goes out the door. The others were waiting for him in the van. He then writes in his notebook, saying what's in the future.

'So, you want to know the future? I won't tell you about Sechskies in the future but I can tell you what we have. We have smartphones, We can access them using the internet.' He draws a smartphone to the best of his ability. 'We also have laptops which are portable computers.' He also draws a laptop.

"First writing, now you're drawing?" (Past Jiwon)

He hides the notebook.

"Come on. You can tell us." (Past Jaijin)

"I'm not." (Jiyong) Suddenly he falls asleep.

 

He woke up in his bedroom with Yangim and Seungjae next to him. He was surprised that his hypothesis was right. The next day, he gets ready for work. Seungjae brings him a notebook.

"Appa, what is this?" (Seungjae)

Jiyong looks in the notebook. It's the notebook he bought in 1997.

"It's appa's notebook. I've been looking for it. Thanks, Seungjae." (Jiyong)

"You're welcome." (Seungjae)

He goes to work wondering what will happen in the past. Will things have changed or stayed the same?

 

Meanwhile, past Jiyong is reading through the notebook. He was surprised about how the technology was more advanced than what they have in the 90's. He was also surprised when he found out the trigger of the time slips was them sleeping at the same time.

"So, try not to sleep during work." (Past Jiyong)

He tries to not sleep during work. It was hard though. Working as an idol through day and night means that he would have insomnia. The others were starting to get worried about him. He keeps having gaps in his memories. He kept asking them what's going on or where they are when he was with them.

"What's going on with him?" (Past Sunghoon)

"I don't know but we're going to find out." (Past Jiwon)

---------------------