7. Time for a Reality Check

From the Future to the Past

Ko Jiyong has been living a pretty normal life since his retirement of the entertainment industry. But for the past 6 months, that normal has shifted. He's able to possess his younger self from 1997 just by sleeping. Both 1997 and 2021 Jiyong have met the time travel agents Anjun and Minhwan and they were able to time travel to the past and future while also being able to possess each other. 

 

2021

Jiyong was getting ready to go to work. Suddenly, he gets a message through his pocket watch.

'Hey, future me. It's my day off and I was wondering if I could spend it with you. I know you're going to be at work but I have a plan.'

He responds, 'Fine. We'll have to do that cousin act again.'

He opens a portal and past Jiyong comes through it.

"Hey." (Past Jiyong)

"Nice to see you again." (Jiyong)

"Appa! Oh. Appa from the past." (Seungjae)

"Hey, Seungjae. Going to school I see." (Past Jiyong)

"Yeah! Where's Appas going?" (Seungjae)

"I'm taking him to my workplace. And remember, when he's here, he's your uncle. Not appa from the past." (Jiyong)

"Okay." (Seungjae)

"Well, we're heading off." (Yangim)

"See you in the evening." (Jiyong)

"So, when are we leaving?" (Past Jiyong)

 

1997

The others went to Jiyong's apartment to see what he was doing. But when they got to his door, they saw a note. It said, 'Off to see family. Not going to be here for 3 days.'

"Off to see family?" (Past Jiwon)

"Sounds fishy." (Past Suwon)

"Something is fishy and we're going to find out what." Past Jaijin says that as he was about to knock down the door.

"Yeah... Let's not do that." (Past Jaeduck)

"I agree. Knocking the door down will not help." (Past Sunghoon)

"So, what do we do?" (Past Jaijin)

"Come back in 3 days and see what happens." (Past Jiwon)

 

3 days later...

It's been 3 days since they last came to Jiyong's apartment. They wanted to see if he really has gone to see family. But as they were about to knock on the door, Jiyong appeared behind them.

"What are you doing here?" (Past Jiyong)

"We were wondering where you were." (Past Sunghoon)

"I was visiting family. My cousin and his family came too." (Past Jiyong)

"Oh yeah. Jiyoon-sshi and his family. I remember." (Past Jiwon)

"His kid was cute." (Past Jaijin)

"And looked a lot like childhood photos of Jiyong." (Past Jaeduck)

"That's because we're family. We do look alike." (Past Jiyong)

"Even so, it's too big of a coincidence." (Past Suwon)

"Guys, you're thinking about it too hard. There's nothing going on with me. Now if you will excuse me, I need to unpack my bags." Past Jiyong says as he walks into his apartment.

The others don't think there's nothing going on. Something is going on.

"Why won't he talk about it?" (Past Jiwon)

 

2021

Jiwon was currently filming for a TV program with his New Journey to the West castmates, Kyuhyun, Mino, and P.O. As they were taking a break, Jiwon took a little nap. While he was napping, he had another dream. More like a nightmare.

"AH!" (Jiwon)

"What is it hyung?" (Kyuhyun) The three come hurrying to their senior.

"It's... Nothing... Just a little dream. That's all." (Jiwon)

"Well, shake it off because breaks over." (Mino)

"Yeah, hyung. You'll be better when we film for the show." (P.O)

"I hope so." Jiwon can't shake the feeling of that dream. He saw that he and the others were at Jiyong's apartment and Jiyong appeared behind them like a ghost. "What was that? When did that happen? How did he do that?" There were a lot of questions that can't be answered. Or can it?

After filming, Jiwon goes back home. Everything's where they should be, except for a letter on his bookshelf. He thought that it could be from a fan who sneaked in but when he looked at it, he got surprised.

'Hey, me from the future. I'm writing this because we need to know about what Jiyong's been up to. He's been talking to himself. Literally, he's talking to himself! From the future! Your time period! We've been keeping an eye on him but can't seem to understand what he's doing. I was wondering if you can go to him and see what's going on.'

"Did I write this? I don't remember." He definetly doesn't remember writing that. What's going on?