4. The Cause

From the Future to the Past

In this chapter, everything will be in 2021 Jiyong's point of view.


Everything seems to be flowing in a pattern. Everytime Jiyong from both past and present sleep, the older one possess he younger one. But they want to know what the cause is. Just sleeping one day doesn't mean he can time travel.

"What caused this?" 

Jiyong wondered on. He had to keep this a secret from Yangim and Seungjae because they might not believe it. Seungjae is old enough to believe no such thing.

"What is it?"

While thinking, he took a nap. When he woke up, he realized he was in a van. He was in the past again. And the van means that he's going to other scheduled place.

"Where are we going this time?"

"What are you talking about? We're going home." (Manager)

"Oh..." He looks at the clock and sees that it's 6:00 pm.

 

As he went to his apartment, well, his old apartment, he saw a fortune teller's tent. He remembers there was no such thing in his old neighborhood. He goes to see what was up with this thing.

"Hello? Is anybody here?" 

"Hello there. You must be wondering why we're here."

"Yes but you don't look like a fortune teller. And also, I have a few questions."

"Go on." 

"First of all, who are you?" 

"I'm time travel agent Kim Anjun. This is my partner, agent Lee Minhwan."

"And why are you here?"

"We're here because we wanted to see you." (Minhwan)

"Because of what?"

"Because we know you're situation. You're currently your furture self, correct?" (Anjun)

"How'd you know?"

"We're the ones who cause your situation."

"What?!"

"We're from 2071. We were experimenting on astrophysical time traveling. But the expriment went awry and it's technology went to 2021." (Anjun)

"That's my time period."

"Yes. It found it's wanted host." (Anjun)

"Wanted host? Which is me?"

"Which is you. We are terribly sorry for this. We didn't expect this to happen." (Minhwan)

"It's okay. I didn't expect this either. But I need to ask you something." 

"What is it." (Anjun)

"If you're time travelers, can you bring my normal self here?" 

"I don't see why not. But why?" (Anjun)

"I need to see my past self face to face." 

"I see. Alright then." (Minhwan)

They make a time portal and bring Jiyong's normal body to the past. He was unconscious because he was sleeping.

"So... how do I get back to myself?"

"We use this." Anjun shows him a pocket watch.

"A pocket watch?"

"It's more than just a pocket watch. It's a time travel device. It can help you time travel physically or mentally." (Anjun)

"It can also switch you back." (Minhwan)

"Do it! Do it now!" 

"Alright already." (Anjun)

 

They used the pocket watch to bring Jiyong's consciousness back to his own body. He wakes up and see his past self right in front of him.

"What? What happened?" (Past Jiyong)

"So... This is the first time we talk face to face right?" 

"Yes..." Past Jiyong said confusingly.

"We must introduce ourselves. I'm Kim Anjun and this is Lee Minhwan. We are time travel agents." (Anjun)

"Time travel? Then that must mean..." (Past Jiyong)

"Yes. And this is your future self." (Anjun)

"My future self?" (Past Jiyong)

"Yes. I'm you from 2021."

"Wow. So this is it? We part ways here?" (Past Jiyong)

"No. We have an idea." (Minhwan)

"What idea?"

"We think you two can benefit from this. You two can time travel to each other's time periods and see what's up." (Anjun)

"But won't it mess up the future?" 

"It won't. The technology in the pocket watches will enable you two to go to the past or future without messing it up." (Minhwan)

"Okay then... I guess this is just the begining." (Past Jiyong)

"Yes. I think so too."