5. New Development

From the Future to the Past

Ever since they met the time travel agents, they've been working together to fix their technology. 2021 Jiyong has been visiting the past and 1997 Jiyong has been visiting the future. One day, Jiyong decides to tell his wife and son about his secret. They took it surprising well, seeing that Jiyong kept waking up from some kind of nightmare.

"So we can visit uncles?" (Seungjae)

"Yes but remember. We have to cover up our identities and you have to call my past self as uncle too." (Jiyong)

"Okay, appa." (Seungjae)

 

They get ready for time traveling.

"You ready?" (Jiyong)

"Ready." (Yangim)

Jiyong activates the pocket watch and it creates a portal. They time traveled to 1997. They went to see 1997 Jiyong.

"Hello. You must be Yangim-sshi." (Past Jiyong)

"Yes. Nice to meet you." (Yangim)

"And you must be Seungjae." (Past Jiyong)

"Yes." (Seungjae)

Just then, the other Sechskies members came through the door. 

"Hello. You must be..." (Past Jiwon)

"I'm Jiyong's cousin. I'm Ko Jiyoon. This is my wife Inah and my son Jaeha." (Jiyong)

"Nice to meet you." (Past Jaijin)

"I say, your son is cute." (Past Sunghoon)

"Thank you." (Seungjae)

"And so polite too." (Past Jaeduck)

"Why are you here?" (Past Suwon)

"We just came back from America and thought we come to see Jiyong." (Jiyong)

"Okay then. Have some quality time. We'll be out of your way." (Past Jiwon)

"Thank you." (Jiyong)

 

After some talking, they decide to bring past Jiyong to the future to see what it's like.

"Wow. This is 2021?" (Past Jiyong)

"Yes and wear this." Jiyong hands him a face mask.

"What's this for?" (Past Jiyong)

"Right now, the world is in a pandemic so we have to wear these." (Jiyong)

"Okay." (Past Jiyong)

He saw tall bulidings, new forms of technology and lots of people. It was more than he ever imagined. A few people recognized Jiyong but noticed a young teenager who looks exactly like him.

"He's my cousin, Jiyoon. He's visiting us." Jiyong had to lie because of the fact the young teenager is himself from the past.

They took him to their house. It was big for a family of three but it was nice. A nice yard to play in and to have a garden.

"What a beautiful home." (Past Jiyong)

"Thank you. But in retrospect, you're going to have this house." (Yangim) And he thought about it, she was right.

 

They chatted for a while and past Jiyong played with Seungjae. It was great. He knows he's going to have a family in the future.

"Hey. Can we try something?" (Jiyong)

"What?" (Past Jiyong)

Jiyong pressed some buttons on the pocket watch. Then he passed out.

"Appa!" Seungjae was about to cry.

"Seungjae. Appa's here." Jiyong says while possessing his past self.

"Appa?" (Seungjae)

"Yes." (Jiyong)

He goes back to his normal body. Then he tries suggests something.

"This time, how about you try to possess me?" (Jiyong)

"Me? Possess you? Is that possible?" (Past Jiyong)

"It could be." Just then Anjun and Minhwan come through a portal.

"If we try, it just might work." (Minhwan)

They pressed some buttons and past Jiyong passes out.

"What? What happened." (Past Jiyong)

"You're in your future self." (Anjun)

He looks in the mirror. "It really happened."

He goes back to his normal self. That was interesting. All this time, it was the future self that kept possessing his past self. Now the past and possess the future.

 

When past Jiyong goes back to his time period, he makes sure that nothing happened while he was gone. He reactivated time and everyone started to move again. He went back to his apartment and wrote in his notebook. He wrote 'Hey me from the future. I loved being there. Knowing that I have a family is the greatest thing ever. If you remember, I wasn't planning on becoming a celebrity. I was planning on retiring but didn't know when. Now I know that I will retire when Sechskies disbands in 2000. I know the disbandment is sudden but a learned to accept it.'