Act 8 [NEW]

Gravitational Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Sehun's running and kicking only a day after their visit to his house. Unlike what everyone expected of him, which's to rest and attend his classes routinely, he asked to visit a club to finish his healing journal with a bang. And a couple drinks. The boys are crazy and they most definitely agreed to his maniac request. Sehun's all healed up, but no one in their right mind would ask for a club visit just after you've healed, but it seems that none of them actually care.

Which's why she finds herself fuming, frustrated, as she sits in a table away from the dance floor, taking a small sip from her blue hawai drink. She looks to her left, where Junmyeon is sitting with a woman with tall legs that reached no where, a surprising grin on his face as he tried, with all his might, to make her kiss him. Kyungsoo's not here considering he refused to attend their dumb club scene. Sehun is somehwere shooting whiskey. Chanyel's no where to be seen, and Baekhyun's in the dance floor trying to hit up girls on a bet his friends made.

She's left alone.

She's not exactly miserable. She has her fruity drinks with her to help the night fly past, but she isn't exactly happy either. She didn't like the way the boys teased Baekhyun to death about his shy nature and practically dared him to hit up a girl long enough to kiss him, while they cheered stupidly and made bets. She was watching them with a frown, not liking the whole proposal all that much. But she couldn't exactly say anything as no one knew of her feelings. So, she sat like a looney, alone, as everyone enjoyed themselves.

Her eyes glides towards Baekhyun every now and then. The dance floor is completely ahead where she can see everyone trying to grind on each other, so she can clearly see Baekhyun as he attempts to swoon a girl to death. He's his usual playful, shy self, and seeing the wide eyes of the woman he's talking to, she seems keen enough that she's for sure going to grant him a kiss.

She scoffs, a burn under her tongue from the alcohol traveling down her chest. She looks away from them, only to spot Chanyeol and Sehun dancing a few feet away, trying to look goofy enough to ward off any pesky attention from those around them and observing, at the same time, Baekhyun as he flirted with the girl, probaby to await his demise rather than show support. She can only look enough at the two boys before she rolls her eyes, finding their dancing moves alarmingly childish.

Her eyes find Baekhyun again, now smiling and laughing with the woman, and she finds her hands tightly wound in a fist, a burning engulfing her from all sides. She's heavily aware of her feelings, and completely uncaring to them, knowing that it's a normal response to when you see someone you like flirting with someone who's not you.

Junmyeom falls down on the seat besides her, and she doesn't give him any attention until he starts to speak.

"You don't really like him, do you?"

She yanks her eyes away from Baekhyun to take a peek at Junmyeon, finding him spreading his legs and arms around the sofa, winking at a rabdom girl and completely deriving his attention elsewhere. But she knows he's talking to her.

"Where did your friend go?" Shs asks instead of answering, pointing with her chin to where he used to sit with his girl just a few minutes ago. Junmyeon releases a harmonious laugh, placing a palm against his mouth.

"Went to get a drink," he answers the question she honestly didn't think he'd answer. "You didn't answer my question."

She looks away from him to gaze back at Baekhyun. He's no where to be found, and this makes her perk up, sitting straight and twisting her head around, searching for him. This only seems to make Junmyeon more curious, as he notices her reaction right away.

"You should tell him." Junmyeon says, voice gentle and low and coherent enough to hear despite the loud music booming from the speakers. She turns around to give Junmyeon a responsive glare, feeling protective of something she doesn’t know what it is.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She practically spits.

Junmyeon raises a condescending brow. "I saw the way you stare at Baekhyun. The way you talk to each other. You have absolutely no feelings for Sehun, do you?"

She wants to be defensive and rude and angry and tell him it's none of his business what she feels. But it's Junmyeon. He's awkward and kind and nice and absolutely thinks only about your own good. He'd never have bad intentions, despite the way this conversation is heading. So she doesn’t talk to him like a , even though she's very good at that. She sighs, releasing a long, languid breath, and ruffles her hair messily.

"I never had feelings for him, Jun," she says softly, looking away from his gentle, probing eyes. "Everyone just shoved me towards him and assumed I'm in love with him because I met him first. Unfortunately, I don't feel anything for him. I tried," she takes a deep breath. "I tried to feel something for him. I tried to like him. But I don't. I was around him all the time, thinking that my love for him will grow to be passionate, but I only like him as a friend, nothing more. I really, really like Baekhyun, however."

Junmyeon doesn't say a thing for a while and lets the music between them do all the speaking. She thinks he's upset with her, and turns around to look at him, but his face's in a pensive mask, thinking, and she releases a long breath out.

"You're going to have to tell him, you know that right?" Junmyeon says, trying to mellow out his voice not to upset her. "Because from what I see, I think he likes you. I don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt."

"I don't know how to do it, Jun." She sighs again, looking down at her fingers. "I don't want to hurt anybody."

"If you held this information from him, it'll only hurt all of you. He deserves to know, and you deserve to be released from the shakles this thing is keeping on you, unless you don't want Baekhyun to know how you feel."

She doesn’t say anything, and she doesn't mean to say anything, too, so when Baekhyun shows up with a wide smile on his face holding a piece of paper, she's relieved. That relief is short, however, when he twirls the paper around Junmyeon's face happily.

"I got her number!" He looks around, excited. "Where's the rest? This is the first time I'm winning bets and I can't wait to rub it on Sehun's face!"

She rolls her eyes, but she can't help the smile from breaking on her face. His giddiness is amusing and infectious. Baekhyun notices her smile and beams at her, happy for something so frivolous.

"That wasn't the bet, Hyung," Sehun emerges from the bodies of dancing people, Chanyeol behind him. "It was to get a kiss from her, not her phone number."

Baekhyun pouts. "There's no way I'd kiss a complete stranger, Sehun. I'm surprised I even got her number."

She feels her heart turns lighter at his words. The fact he refuses to kiss a stranger - for whatever reason - is already responsible enough for him and it makes her body feels like she's sitting under the warmth of sunshine, and the fact she has huge feelings for him only makes her feelings even harsher. Damn, she's absolutely crazy for that man.

Sehun throws himself next to her, and she hasn't even realized Junmyeon had left space between them for someone to wiggle in, or maybe Sehun's just trying to shove his in places he shouldn't. She gives him a glare, and he only smirks at her and wiggles his brows. She scoffs.

"It doesn't matter," Chanyeol exclaims. "It's still not what the bet said. You lose, and I win. You owe me ten bucks!"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and removes ten dollars from his jeans' pocket. "Fine. You're such a sore loser, Chanyeol."

"Should we get drink

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter