Act 1

Gravitational Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How did a single act be over 3K? I’m guessing the three acts next will be similar :( and I thought it’d be a cute lil chapters story :))

I changed the Oneshot tag btw :))

 

-

 

She turns off from the room where she’s been swamped in after disposing her jacket away, and walks towards the large living room. The room is dimmed down for the movie. It smells of oil, popcorn, and salt. The entire couches are full with the boys, and they aren’t even that many in number, but Chanyeol is so tall that he occupies an entire couch alone, especially when he’s lying down. Kyungsoo’s in the small couch next to him, squished with Baekhyun and Jongin. She fixes her eyes on the last couch available in annoyance, huffing slightly, and catches Junmyeon’s eyes right away. He’s smirking, a large smirk that resembles that ugly painted clown smile of his that he improvised in a play in the middle of the street, and she shudders.

Junmyeon pats the seat next to him, which in turn is next to Sehun, with a giant smirk, “Why are you standing there like a light pole? Come sit here.”

“Yeah, right next to Sehun, as you should.” Chanyeol springs to tease, smirking as well. He’s stuffing popcorn inside his mouth, resembling a very fat chipmunk. Unlike Junmyeon, he’s not looking at her, but somehow he’s aware of what’s happening around him.

She doesn’t say anything but slowly goes to plant her next to the two men. She’s not the type of person that’d open argument over pity things like seating arrangement, especially when the source of that pitifulness is right next to her. But she dislikes being put in a spot like this, choice-less. Besides, her friends like teasing her about her ‘crush’ towards the taller guy, considering she knew him first, got introduced to them by him, and are studying in the same department, which means they are always found together. She doesn’t particularly hate Sehun, but the attention he gives her is.. well, overwhelming. 

She sits next to him, nevertheless. She tries to be as inconspicuously possible as she can, not wanting to attract Sehun’s eyes to her, even though she knows he heard the dumb boys inviting her over next to him. She peeks secretively at Sehun, who she realizes now is pretending to be absolutely chill, looking straight at the TV, and biting on his lower lip to suppress a smirk. Enraged, she snatches the bowl of chips from his lap to hers. She takes a whole handful and shoves it inside , chewing angrily. 

“Woah there, M’little Bean Sprout,” Sehun teases, turning to her with that dumb, attractive smirk of his, and takes the bowl from her lap. She huffs but says nothing. Well, ’s busy munching anyways. “Why are you so angry? Shouldn’t you be delighted to know you’re sitting next to me? I thought girls liked that where they sit next to their crushes,” he pretends to stretch his arms (she can tell that he’s trying to pull the bowl of popcorn away from her) and throws a casual arm around her shoulders, “and they secretly wrap them in their arms as they pretend to stretch?”

She glares vehemently at him, and he’s still unaware how he hasn’t yet been burned to nothing. “That was the classical move from when you were a in your dad’s . Women evolved from that as time passed. Maybe you should try that, too.”

The boys listening in burst into laughter, like the rambunctious juvenile men they are. She shoots them a surprised look, oblivious of the fact they’ve been listening? Is this what her life amounted to, now? Gossipy nosy men and endless get togethers watching the same movies over and over again? Sehun merely releases a chuckle, a ridiculously fond one - her heart pinched just the slightest - squeezing her cheek with his fingers, “You’re so cute. Using information you don’t understand.”

She slaps his hand away, “You’re such a jerk.”

He chuckles more, squeezing her closer to his side by his arm so she is squished against him. He smells like a fancy male cologne and that hidden empty bottle of milk shoved next to his armchair and his thigh. She grumpily leans against his chest, pouting, and continues to pout throughout the movie, even as he feeds her popcorns and Cheetos occasionally to placate her. 

A few minutes after being fed a spicy Cheeto (or, for a lack of a better term, being smacked down with Cheetos until she’s incapable of inhalation) she pulls her eyes off of the TV to the side, right where Sehun’s hand is dangling on her shoulder to feed her another chip and obscuring her vision from her target. On the couch diagonal to theirs, sits Baekhyun. He’s wearing large pretty glasses to aid his weak sight, his mouth half open in concentration as he repeats the words of the main character in the scene because he probably memorized it with how many times he watched it. It was him that secretly clicked on the movie while everyone was fighting to choose one and it was under his dictatorship they all fell, considering it was his house they were in. His black, soft hair fell on his forehead like curtain, and every time he brushed his locks - in irritation - her heart would thump in her chest like it’s been trying to escape the barricades she can’t help but enforce around it.

While sitting there minding his own business, with his sweatpants-clad-legs thrown over Kyungsoo’s lap, who’s surprisingly allowing the older guy to be his lazy self; she can’t help but find her gaze gravitates to him. In all honestly, he’s a hard person to ignore, regardless of the fact she wishes to abhor or not. In retrospect, a girl having crush is completely normal, especially if that crush of hers is kind, goofy, beautiful, and older than her; but not her. No, she already has a crush. 

The curl of her lips in a pout thins away as she presses them together in irritation. It isn’t exactly her fault her friends think she’s crushing on Sehun and that she once commented — like a goofball in drools — about how hot his body was as he took off his shirt for no reason, so everyone took to that, and made a connection that she has massive feelings for him, which are completely nonexistent. Now, she’s trapped in this charade, feeling as if she’s not allowed to like anyone else.

It doesn’t help that Sehun’s a completely prince-like guy, a lead character, a dumb alpha male. A guy who’s drop dead gorgeous and typically alludes ual attractiveness like a sauna inviting in a poor child. She admits, the first time she saw him parading down the quad with tight blue jeans and black sunglasses, she took a double look, wondering who the tall gorgeous man was. Then, she discovered he is in her engineering department, so he is smart, too. How they became friends was him shyly asking for a favor through one of the harder math equations. It was a complete coincidence that she sat next to him - or him next to her. She can’t really remember but she knows she wouldn’t simply sit down next an attractive smoky guy like him for no reason - suddenly they were friends after that, and he introduced her to this silly group. There, she met who she’s really liking, and he’s very different than Sehun; he is too free spirited to hold Sehun’s absurd standards.

Annoyed at the direction of her thoughts, she resumes forcing food down , focusing back on the movie. Sehun notices her unnerved tension, and pokes her cheek with one of his large fingers - honestly those fingers of his were extremely beautiful. She wishes she can feel anything towards them like every single girl in their university does, but she does not. 

“You look down. What’s up?” Sehun asks, lowering his voice so the snoopy bunch around them don’t hear. 

“Nothing,” she stuffs another chip down . No wonder she gained ten pounds this month alone. “I think I’m going to grab a soda.”

“All that sugar will make your tummy bloated,” he smirks, repeatedly poking her on her squishy cheek, “I certainly have a type, and bloated girls isn’t it.”

She rolls her eyes, “how’d I ever live knowing I’m not Oh Sehun’s crush type? Maybe I should quit Uni and collect garbage cans now that I don’t stand a chance with a God.”

He winks at her, “You know it.”

She smiles a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter