Act 2

Gravitational Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Guess who’s graduating a week later?😏

-

She can taste the salt in as they near the sea, her resting head on the windowsill lifting up just the slightest so she can peer at the overwhelming whiteness of the sea, the shore gray and the water icy blue. A shiver goes around her body, her body hair standing up in alarm, but she only smiles so widely stretches in beauty. 

After a long month of university life; the boys decided to go to the sea. Considering their lives is a little too far away from the water, they decided to sleep over in a cabin for the night, rented by Junmyeon. She didn’t really mind as she was anxiously excited about seeing the summer sea, as she hadn’t exactly been blessed to live somewhere closer to the seaside, her house smack dab in the middle of the city. She rode shotgun with Sehun as the taller guy dragged her out of her apartment after their last classes hurriedly, not allowing her to shove the last article of her clothes in her duffel bag or collect her portable charger (yes, she had collected an entire bag of clothes and necessities for a single day of sea). The two friends were a travesty together, even more so when they put on their songs and sang out loud, him annoying her about her taste constantly.

“The playlist of a thirteen years old boy who’s and wants to e.” He had called her playlist, snickering. 

“No wonder it fits your car aesthetics so much.” She’d replied. Fortunately for her, Sehun just laughed. 

When they finally arrive at sea. She exits the car first, ignoring Sehun’s panicked yelp for her to wait until he parked his car correctly before exiting, inhaling the scent of salt happily. She spreads her arms wide dramatically, letting the cold yet warm breeze of the sea wind flail towards her, threading through her clothes and hair. She wholeheartedly ignores Sehun’s groans about helping him with their bags and some other stuff Kyungsoo requested they bring, like a giant bag of sacks, and scuffles her feet on the ground like an excited puppy, overjoyed at the prospect of freedom. 

Behind their car, another one pulls over, and Junmyeon with Baekhyun emerge out. This time, she turns around, stopping her melodramatic impersonation of a book’s main heroine. 

Baekhyun’s protectively holding a large unfinished canvas, she notices, and adorably sulking, his luscious lips curled in dissatisfaction for whatever reason, his clothes baggy, uncomfortable, and filled with paint. She notices his askew glasses and his annoyed stare. She has an undeniable urge to go over there and run her hand over his fluffy yet silky hair, fix the tilt of his glasses, glance over his obsidian, shimmering eyes, and douse herself in his presence. Her heart does an intense pound inside of her, her hands growing sweaty just at the prospect of seeing him, and she quickly wipes them on her shorts. Slowly, she approaches, constantly repeating to herself that she must stay calm, she must stay calm, she must stay calm—

“You okay?” She asks, peering at his large acrylic painting weirdly. He’s protectively hugging it to his chest, his arms wrapped around it like a mother cradling a wounded child. She ignores Sehun and Junmyeon’s commotion at the back, the older guy telling Sehun of what exactly happened with him as he picked up Baekhyun.

Baekhyun instantly shoots her a responsive pout, as if he’s been deprived of attention and care for his petty reasons, and her existence is an opportunity to show it. “No. No, I’m not. Do you see this?” He wiggles his painting - very large - in his arms in emphasis, and he resembles a mouse hidden behind a huge bush wiggling up and down, or a waddling penguin. She suppresses a smile. “Suho-hyung just barged into my studio and dragged me for this dumb trip. I couldn’t even leave my unfinished painting there because it’s considered school property, and he didn’t let me drop it home,” he pouts more, the ends of his glasses wilting with him in sadness. “I’m now forced to drag it over like a . It’s very heavy, and he didn’t offer help, too. What kind of Hyung is he?”

She feels Sehun placing a large arm around her shoulder before she can reply (or melt in a puddle at the cuteness of Baekhyun’s pout) and she tenses like a prick, for no reason whatever. It’s almost as if she’s caught feeling something she’s not supposed to, and it’s stupid, but her body turns into sizzling electricity regardless. Sehun gives her a strange look, but she’s focused on Baekhyun’s reaction. It’s instant how his adorably scrunched face s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter