Act 9 [NEW]

Gravitational Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She enters Sehun's house with excitement flaring inside her body. They are supposed to meet up with the boys for a late movie night and chinese food, but her excitement is for something else entirely. Sure, she likes hanging out with the boys; being subjected to Sehun's teasing and Chanyeol's merciless pushover moves that always annoyed her to death, it all made her genuinely happy, but that isn't the main reason for her excitement today. It's to see Baekhyun.

After their kiss at the shopping mall, she hadn't seen him due to his exams week and her busy schedule. They talked a lot and had each other's Kakaotalk, so it wasn't like they were separated entirely. But seeing someone face to face and talking to them through distance is completely different. To know that she'd be seeing him after a whole week of not looking at his handsome face made her alight with giddiness. Her whole body is shaking and she's seconds away from actually combusting into fragmants.

Her eyes dart around once she reaches the lowly-lit living room, searching for the cause of her erect heartbeats, finding him occupying a couch parallel to the TV, watching commercials with his eyes completely zoned out. He's wearing jeans and a long-sleeved shirt to combat the upcoming cold. His hair is so dark it's almost blue in the low lighting, and it's soft enough to give her fingers tingles. He hasn't noticed her arriving yet, and after greeting the boys present, she goes to sit on the couch next to him. His warmth attacks her almost right away, and she sinks against him with a comforting purr.

"Hey." She greets him secretly when he turns around to look at her, eyes gentle and kind and so soft she can happily melt against the sofa.

"Hi," he greets back, his voice breathy and quiet, as if the two of them are sharing a secret only the two of them are allowed to bask in. His eyes are brown and soft when he stares at her. "I'm happy to see you."

"Me too," she glances around to see if anyone's noticing them, before leaning her chin against his arm, "I missed you."

"Sorry, this week has been busy for me, assigments after assignments, and exams. I can't wait for this year to end." He tells her. He reaches over to brush her bangs aside, showing her pale forehead which he's this close to kissing, and she pouts at him to show him her absolute pathetic self and how much she actually missed him.

He smiles and reaches to hold the hand closest to him, but Sehun appears from the kitchen holding a bottle of sparkly water and practically falls down on the seat next to her, making the couch dip low enough for her to slide against him. He shoots her a sappy wink.

"Hello sweetheart, can't believe I haven't seen you in days," Sehun whines, plopping his forehead against her shoulder blade and pouting at her. She had been busy with her work and university, but she just met them yesterday for a late lunch at a Korean barbecue. "I hate your major sometimes. Always takes you away from me."

She feels Baekhyun retreating his hand from beside her before Sehun - or anyone else - can notice and she ignores Sehun to look at him, a sheepishly guilty look on her face. Baekhyun shakes his head with a soft smile, complete understanding painting his soft, articulated face.

"Don't ignore me!" Sehun whines, shaking his entire body like a wet cat to warn her of the tantrum he's about to throw. "Give me attention!"

"Give your about-to-be-boyfriend some attention, sweetheart," Chanyeol teasingly bellows from behind them, having came from the kitchen holding beers and overhearing them. He walks to the single chair next to Baekhyun and throws himself in it.

She ignores Sehun again even though he's completely buried in her side. She peeks a look at Baekhyun, whose lips are on a thin line, a reaction to Chanyeol's big mouth. He's looking everywhere but at them, and she whips her head at Chanyoel to throw her shoe at him.

"Stop it! He's not my to be boyfriend!" She shouts at Chanyeol, her face looking humerously red.

Chanyeol winks at her, catching her shoe mid-air. "Of course he is. One of you gotta man up and confess already!"

"Men aren't a measure of courage, doofus!"

"Well woman up, I guess! If you don't, a girl would snatch him from you!"

She leans against the sofa and whispers under her breath. "I really hope they do."

Unfortunately, Sehun hears what she said. He pulls himself from her one-armed embrace and gives her a funny look. "What?"

She freezes. It's not because she doesn't want him to hear. She has absolutely no feelings for him and wants him to know that she likes someone else. But she's used to keeping her feelings to herself, so the sudden inquiry takes her aback. She looks at Baekhyun to see if he heard, too, and finds him aleeady looking at her, his face unreadable.

She springs up from her seat. "I want.. I want some cola! I'll bring me some from the kitchen! Yeah!"

Sehun gives Baekhyun a look to ask if he knows whats up when she practically runs to the kitchen, but Baekhyun shrugs innocently.

Chanyeol yells after her retreating figure with his obnoxiously low-pitched voice. "Don't run away from this conversation! One day you might have to face your fears, you know!"

Junmyeon, who has been sitting on the arm of the chair Chanyeol's occupying, smacks Chanyeol's head. The resonating thud with Chanyeol's head lurching forward is extremely satisfying. "Leave them alone, Chanyeol. They can work their own relationship without your meddlesome self."

Chanyeol huffs. "I'm just trying to help her. I don't know why the two of them aren't together yet."

"It's none of your business."

Sehun feels weird hearing this, as if he can't for the life of him understand why they're not together yet, too. He looks at his friend in the eye, looking for some kind of assurance to make him understand what's going on easier, and Junmyeon's nod helps ease his anxieties. He stands up to go after her. Only, he doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter