Danger

The Last Wish

On their break time, Ohm came at Mew's office to invite his cousin for a coffee break at the hospital's cafeteria. When he entered his cousin's office, Ohm saw how Mew's face was so solemn. Ohm entered the office when he was just ignored by his cousin. He approached the older and saw Mew watching videos on the computer on how to wash clothes without staining it and how to remove stain from clothes.

"So domestic~" Ohm cooed.

Mew rolled his eyes and closed the window tab where he was watching the videos. "What are you doing here?"

"It's coffee time!” He cheerfully exclaimed. “I want to invite you for a cup of coffee, but you are busy watching those domestic videos. Why are you watching those anyway?"

"Nothing. Just… just to get some knowledge."

"Wow~ such a great husband. Gulf is so lucky to marry someone like you."

"You’re being sarcastic."

"Me? No, I'm just stating the fact."

"Well, that's not the fact. I think Gulf might be cursing me right now."

"Cursing?" Ohm raised an eyebrow as he repeated it.

"Wanna know why? Well, I washed our clothes last weekend and his white shirts got stained. I didn't know that I have to separate the colored ones from the white."

After listening at his cousin's statement, Ohm widened his eyes in disbelief and followed it with a loud laugh. He was laughing like it was already his last chance to laugh.

"Dude, you're known to be the smartest person in our family but I didn't know that you are stupid when it comes to those things."

Ohm calling him stupid made Mew to send a death glare at his cousin who's trying to calm himself down after laughing so hard and after seeing him with an intense glare.

"I told you I didn't know about it."

"Well you should have asked your husband or google it." Ohm stated. "I wonder how Gulf reacted after seeing his clothes in that state."

"Of course he looked like he's ready to kill me, Ohm."

"I think so too, P'Mew."

Looking at Mew's face, the older looked like he was totally devastated. Ohm then snorted before placing his hand on Mew's shoulder. He totally understood his cousin as he was also just like him. Being born from a rich family means you didn't have to worry about doing the house chores since there were house helpers whose job was to do those things for you.

"Come on, you're still in the process of learning all those things. It's not your fault if you make mistakes, you're actually learning that way."

"I guess I need to learn in advance. Not only about the chores, but also about my husband."

"That's actually a great idea, but how? Are you going to sit across each other and start getting to know each other?”

"Wouldn’t it be awkward?” Mew asked. “But, I can feel that it is necessary to do it."

"What about you try asking Fluke? He's Gulf's brother, I'm sure he knows his brother so well."
The suggestion made Mew to look at it his cousin. Ohm’s suggestion wasn’t that bad though. Asking Fluke about his older brother is actually better than sitting at the dining table again and start getting to know each other. With Gulf’s temperamental personality, they would probably end up fighting once again before they could even learn something from each other.

 

 

 

 

 

"I missed one question from the test." Ice whined as she was heading out of their classroom together with her friends, Eye, Becca, and Samantha.

"How did you miss one? I thought you were studying for the whole weekend?" Becca asked.

"I do, but I forgot about that lesson."

"You know Ice, let's just go to the café and have something cold for you to cool down." Samantha suggested.

"I agree." Eye stated with a smile. "It's only one question, it won't fail you."

"Okay, then let's head to the café." Becca happily declared while dragging Ice who's still sulking about not being able to answer one question from their test.

The four of them happily trudged their way going to the exit of the university when Eye's phone suddenly rang. She slowed down her pace as she was fidgeting her phone from her bag and when she looked at the caller, she was a bit surprised to see her brother's name.

"Yes, P'Mew?" Eye said as soon as he answered the phone call.

The three, Ice, Becca, and Samantha were fans of Mew and so when they heard Eye mentioning her brother's name, they immediately turned to look at Eye and ran back to her.

"Eye, where are you?" Mew asked on the line.

"I'm... I'm still in the university, but my friends and I were heading to the café near the hospital. Why? Is there something you want, Pi?"

"Hmm, I see. Can you do me a favor?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“I actually want to talk to Fluke in person, but I don't have his contact."

"Fluke? Ohh I have, I can give him a call. Do you want me to come to the hospital with him?"

"Yeah, that would be nice." Mew agreed right away. "Just ask him if he's free. If he's busy, I can just talk to him next time."

"Okay, I'll update you for his response."

"Yes, thanks sis."

After giving his sister a call, Mew leaned his back against his chair as he thought about Ohm's suggestion. He was thinking if it was a good idea to give Ohm's suggestion a try or not.

Meanwhile, after Eye ended the call with his brother, his friends immediately asked about why her brother called her.

"Was that your brother?" Samantha asked. "Why did he call?"

Eye looked at her friends and said. "He said that he wanted to talk to Fluke.”

“Fluke? Isn’t that Gulf’s brother, right?”

“Yes, that’s him Becca.” Eye confirmed. “You guys should go to the café first. I need to find Fluke and bring him to the hospital."

"Yeah sure. Then, we'll just wait for you in the café."

"Yes, Samantha. I'll see you guys there."

 

 

 

 

Thinking about his color stained white clothes made Gulf's head to throb. He couldn't forget about what happened to his clothes that was washed by Mew. Because of what happened, he was forced to buy another white shirt for his internship. He also told Mew not to pick him up after his shift since he would be staying a night with his parents. Hearing this made Mew to grin. He was happy that he could take a rest from Gulf's nagging just for a day.

When Gulf arrived home after his shift, his parents were surprised to see him there. Without saying anything, Gulf approached the coffee table at their living and poured the contents of the paper bag that he was holding, revealing all of his white clothes that turned into rainbow. His parents were shocked and asked him what happened to his clothes. From there, he let out all of his frustrations towards his husband. And when he told them that it was Mew's doing, those shocked expressions were changed into laughter.

Gulf’s gaze never left his parents, he stared at them and he saw how they laughed at him and on his clothes. He came home just to tell his parents about it and he was also expecting them to sympathize with him. But their reactions were completely opposite from what he expected.

Those clothes appeared in front of them were too funny that they couldn't stop laughing. Gulf's mother grabbed one shirt. She held the cloth and hanged it up in front of her, checking it closely. Her son really made the small thing a big deal. The stained could be just removed, though it might be a bit tough. Seeing that stern look from Gulf's eyes after she gave him a glance, made her to nudge her husband's side and jutted her chin at their son’s direction.

"Mom, Dad, it's not funny. Aren't you worried of me? I might probably die from stress because of living with him. He doesn't know everything."

‘You’re overreacting.” She put the cloth back on the table and said. "Gulf, I always remind you not to discriminate others. We are not perfect. We all have our own flaws and so is Mew."

"Your mother is right. You don't marry someone because they know everything or they are perfect. You also have imperfections my son, just like Mew. Both of you need to help each other and understand each other, so that your marriage works."

"Whatever, I'm going to divorce him anyway."

Mentioning about divorce once again made Gulf's parents to heave a deep breath. They knew how much their son wanted to escape from that marriage but they also knew how Gulf clearly didn't understand what divorce really meant.

"Anyways..." His mother finally said. "Have your dinner first before going back home."

"Going back home? No, I'm staying here tonight."

"No, you're not. You're a married man. You should stay with your partner and not with us anymore."

"How come you're throwing your son away?" Gulf whined at his parents.

Gulf's mother left the living room, ignoring her son whining and leaving only her husband to deal with Gulf who's acting like a 10 year old kid.

"We are not throwing you away. We're just reminding you of your responsibility to your husband. You need to talk to him rather than talking to us." His father expressed before leaving him and followed his wife to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eye's friends left going to the cafe first while she stayed at the campus and tried calling Fluke. After her third attempt of calling him, Fluke finally answered her call. Eye told him about what her brother said and luckily, Fluke was completely free to meet Mew.

After agreeing to meet the older at the hospital, Eye brought Fluke to the hospital and went straight to Mew's office after asking at the hospital's information center. When Eye and Fluke arrived in front of Mew's office, the two glanced at each other. Fluke was actually nervous about meeting his older brother-in-law because it was the first time that Mew called him for a talk.

Eye gave her brother-in-law a small but encouraging smile before she lifted her hand and knocked on the door. They both heard a voice from the inside, giving them the permission to get in. Eye twisted the door knob and pushed the door open where she saw her brother sitting in front of the computer.

"Eye..."

"Hello Pi. I'm here for a human delivery." Eye stated, and then she grabbed Fluke by hand and gently dragged himself to reveal his presence to Mew.

"Hi, P'Mew~" Fluke shyly greeted.

Mew welcomed his guest, he let his sister and Fluke sat on the chairs in front of his desk. He also tried offering Fluke different kinds of drinks in which the younger thanked him and told him that he was just fine.

"So, Pi, why do you want to talk to Fluke?" Eye suddenly popped the question.

Before Mew could answer, his expression was changed. Mew showed a regretful expression before he started opening up to Fluke and Eye. "It's actually like this. I washed our clothes and I didn't know that the colored clothes should be separated from the white ones. So when the clothes got dried, all the white clothes were stained and... and Gulf was really furious about it."

What Mew had told them was actually funny. Mew calling Fluke just because of stained clothes incident was totally unusual. Looking at Fluke and Eye's expressions, they were completely the same as Ohm’s expression. Eye showed a look of shock as she tried herself not to laugh while Fluke didn’t bother himself to hide his emotions and just smiled while listening to Mew.

"P'Mew, why didn’t you separate it?"

"I know Eye. I know."

"Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprise if you said that my brother destroyed the washing machine or threw his clothes after seeing them with stain." Fluke commented. "P'Gulf is really strict when it comes to his clothes."

"I already ruined everything Nong Fluke. Gulf was really angry that he told me he would be going home to your family and not at the villa tonight." Mew heaved a deep sigh and leaned his back on his chair. "Your family will kill me if they know about it."

"Oh no, my mom also made the same mistake. It's unavoidable P'Mew. Every time this happens, my mom would just buy him a new set of clothes."

"Buy him?"

"Yes, why don't you just buy instead of worrying about it?"

"Pi, I think Fluke is right. Just buy new ones."

Mew stared at Eye and Fluke as he was trying to think about the suggestion they had told him. He sighed and nodded his head afterwards, agreeing to what the two had said. He thought that buying new ones would be better than doing nothing.

Since Mew still has a few hours before his shift ends, he let Fluke and Eye stayed at the café where Eye's friends were waiting for them. When his shift finally ended, he went to the café to pick up Eye and Fluke. He greeted Eye's friends who were also there at the café and even treated them with some sweets from the place.

From the cafe, they went to the nearest mall and shopped for Gulf's new set of white clothes. When Mew was washing Gulf's clothes, he noticed that the younger wore a certain clothes brand and so he decided to buy from that brand. Fluke helped Mew in choosing the right size for his older brother. After buying Gulf's clothes, Mew thanked the two by bringing them to a restaurant and had dinner together.

While eating, Fluke took the opportunity to thanked Mew for understanding his older brother.

"P'Mew, thank you for doing this for my brother."

Fluke, expressing his gratitude towards Mew all of a sudden made the older looked at him in surprise. He snorted and said. "I made a mistake, so I need to at least make it right."

"My brother can be grumpy sometimes and I know how hard it is for you to deal with him that's why I'm thanking you for understanding."

"People viewed my brother as an arrogant person, but he's actually kind." Eye blurted out, flexing his older brother.

"Eye, stop saying untruthful things about me."

"No, she's actually right." Fluke insisted in which Eye nodded her head in agreement. "I heard my brother complaining about how arrogant you are, but meeting you now made me realize that you're actually kind and you care about others. If not, then you wouldn't bother to buy these for him."

Mew smiled and assured the younger. "It's fine, Nong Fluke. Even though we both disagreed about this marriage, at the end of the day he is still my husband. And it's the least thing I could do for him."

Fluke and Eye looked at Mew in awe after hearing those statements from him.

"My older brother really doesn't know how lucky he is to get married with you." Fluke openly expressed his opinion. "P'Mew, if you need help don't be shy and just call me."

"Really? Okay, I will bother you and my sister."

"Well, I'm always here to give you a hand Pi." Eye proudly stated.

Both Fluke and Mew continue taking a bite of their food while Eye was still gazing at her brother. As an author of fiction love stories, Eye could perfectly understand someone's actions when they started liking a certain person. And that's how he understood his brother's actions. She had that kind of thought that his brother might be falling in love to Gulf already. Well, that’s how her story goes anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

Despite of how Gulf tried his very best to pursue his parents to let him stay there for a night, he ended up being strongly rejected by them. His mother told him to bring his clothes and fix their problem on their own. According to his mother, she didn't want to become a go-between. Problems should be just between the couple and not involving the parents.

That was the reason why Gulf was finally standing in front of the villa after parking his motorbike. He actually turned his motorbike engine off and just entered the villa while pushing his motorbike. He didn't want his husband to notice him coming home that night when he said that he'll be staying with his family.

Meanwhile, Mew was still up. He was at the living room, doing some work on his laptop. He was so immersed on what he was doing that he didn't notice Gulf had already entered the villa. He just only heard the beeping sound of their lock from the main door and that's when he shifted his gaze to the entrance of the house. When the door finally creaked open, he saw Gulf solemnly entered the house with two paper bags on his hand.

As soon as Gulf got inside the house, he directed his gaze to the living room and jolted in surprise when he saw Mew sitting on the sofa while staring at him. He entered the villa silently in order not to be heard by the older, but it turned out that the older was actually chilling himself at the living room.

"Oh? You're here. Why are you here?" Mew confusedly asked his husband when he could clearly remember that the younger told him about staying at his family for a night.

"Why? Am I not allowed to come home?" Gulf grumpily asked back as he closed the main door.

"No, it's not like that. I thought you're staying with your family tonight."

"They didn't want me there. They forced me to go back home."

"Oh, okay. Have you eaten already?"

"Yes, I did." Gulf walked towards the older and placed the paper bag that he was holding on the coffee table. "Mom, packed this for you. Just reheat that tomorrow."

"I'll call her to say thank you."

"Whatever. Just suit yourself."

With that attitude, Mew understood that the younger was still angry at him for what he had done. He did such a big mess and he wanted to apologize for it. So Mew took that chance to properly apologize to Gulf. The younger was about to leave, but Mew stopped him by softly calling his name.

"Gulf?"

Gulf came to a halt when he heard his name from the older. He tightly furrowed his eyebrows, like he was angry. Then he turned to look at Mew. "What?"

"I've wanted to apologize to you ever since this morning. But you were busy hating me than listening to my apology." Mew said. "I am really sorry. I didn't know that it would turn out like that."

Upon hearing Mew's apology, Gulf also saw the sincerity of Mew’s face while apologizing to him. And that’s how he slowly released his brows from being tightly furrowed. He also didn't know why but the anger that he felt towards Mew slowly vanished. Didn't know what to say, Gulf just stayed silent as he stared at his husband.

"I..." Gulf finally muttered. "I'm tired. I'll take a rest now. Goodnight."

And with that, he quickly trudged going upstairs and headed to his room. He left Mew at the living room without giving the older a response about his apology.

On the other hand, Mew just pursed his lips after Gulf disappeared from his sight. He grabbed the paper bag that Gulf brought and went to the kitchen to unload it and placed it inside the fridge.

Gulf released a heavy sigh after entering his room. He turned around, ready to slump himself on the bed when he saw a medium sized box. He remembered that he didn't order something online, so he was surprised to see a package sitting on his bed.

Out of curiosity, Gulf slowly took steps going to his bed. He lifted the package and knocked it multiple times, checking if it wasn't something that might cause him to have a heart attack. And after confirming that it was safe to open the box, he started lifting the lid of the box and inside he saw a pile of five white shirts and a small note.

The first thing that Gulf did after opening the box was to pick up the note and read it, in which it said 'I'm sorry for ruining your clothes.' Just by reading that short message, he already knew who the sender was. And it was his husband, Mew.

He sat on his bed and took one shirt from the box and checked the size. He snorted after seeing that even the clothes' brand, style and size were accurate. He thought that Mew didn't care about what happened to his clothes, but it turned out that the older was actually repenting about it and even bought him a new set of white shirts. The thought of it made Gulf to curve his lips into a small smile.

 

 

 

 

It was Tuesday and Mew knew that it was his turn to do the house chores, and cooking breakfast for him and his husband was a part of his duty. And so he woke up early to cook something. But when he was making his way going to the kitchen, he heard noises and even smelled something delicious from there. He slowly and carefully took a few more steps and peeked to see who it was. Then, he saw Gulf standing in front of the kitchen island while beating eggs in the bowl. He was confused to see the younger there, but he didn't bother to ask the younger. He just stood at the entrance of the kitchen and watched his husband preparing their breakfast.

When Gulf turned around to cook the egg on the stove, that's when Mew took the chance to silently enter the kitchen. He carefully and silently sat on one of the chairs in front of the kitchen aisle as his eyes were glued on Gulf's back. As soon as Gulf was done cooking the egg, he turned around only to see his husband sitting on the chair at the kitchen island, looking at him. He was so surprised to see Mew in there that he almost dropped the plate that he was holding with egg on it.

"Why are you here this early?" Gulf asked, acting like being annoyed early in the morning.

"That's supposed to be my question for you." Mew stated. "It's my schedule for the house work today, but why you are here and cook for our breakfast?"

"I..." The truth was he wanted to say thank you to the older for buying him a new set of white shirts when it wasn't that really necessary to buy. But of course, Gulf couldn't say that to Mew. And instead of telling the truth, Gulf tried to cover it up by making breakfast. "I... am very hungry so I decided to cook instead of waking you up."

"Ohh~ I'm sorry. I was reviewing lots of papers last night, so I slept a bit late."

"It's... it's fine." He said. Hearing that his husband worked until late at night made him feel a bit guilty for using that kind of excuse.

"Don't worry, I'll wake up early next time."

"I already said it's fine. We can just help each other in doing the chores. If you're busy, you can ask me to do it."

"But we have our own schedule for doing those, right?"

Mew being such a stubborn guy, challenged Gulf's patient early in the morning. Gulf took a glance of the list of their household schedule before glaring at his husband. "If you still talk, I'll let you do all those things for the whole week."

"But I still want to talk."

"What do you want to say?"

"I… I just want to say that... let's eat breakfast after I take a bath."

Gulf stared at Mew before pursing his lips into a thin line and said. "Faster, I'm hungry."

After Gulf agreed at him, Mew left the kitchen and immediately ran upstairs. He went to the toilet and took a quick bath since he didn't want the younger to wait for him for too long.

Once he was done taking a bath and putting on some clothes, Mew went back downstairs only to find Gulf setting the last plate of their meal on the table. His mouth agape at the sight of delicious breakfast in front of them. Gulf asked him to seat and he obliged right away.

"Thank you for these foods." Mew showed a smile to his husband as he thanked him.

But Gulf still put on a poker face as he said. "I put a poison on them."

Mew, who was excitedly grabbing a piece of vegetables from one of the meals that Gulf made, immediately dropped the vegetables back on the plate and he looked at Gulf with wide eyes.

The younger saw how the vegetables dropped from the air. He lifted his head to look at Mew in silence.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Did you really put poison on it?"

Gulf brows lifted quickly as he looked at Mew in disbelief. He was just joking about poisoning the food, but he didn't know that the older would easily fall for it. He pursed his lips and took a bite of all the food that he made. He gave Mew a glance as he tasted all the food in front of them.

"See? I didn't die." He then said. "Now eat, if you don't want to starve yourself at work."

Being such an obedient husband, Mew decided to eat the food that Gulf made for them. And as expected, Gulf's food was better than his. His husband always made delicious meal while in his case, it's not edible at all.

 

 

 

 

 

After work, Mew and Ohm went to pick up Eye and Fluke at the university. Ohm wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, but since his cousin couldn't stop begging Mew to bring him, Mew ended up agreeing to it.

Ohm might known to be the biggest playboy in their family, but when he started working at the hospital, he rarely goes out and have fun with his friends. So when Mew agreed for him to go with them, he jumped in happiness and even hugged his cousin so tight.

When they both reached the university, Eye and Fluke were waiting for them already. But Mew forgot to tell the two that Ohm would go with them as well. Eye got into the passenger seat while Fluke went straight to the back seat. But as soon as the two hopped inside the car, Eye and Fluke heard a familiar voice echoed inside.

"Hi~" Ohm cooed as soon as Eye and Fluke got inside the car.

And when Fluke saw Ohm at the back seat, he just wished to vanish right away.

"P'Ohm, you're coming with us?" Eye asked in surprised.

"Yeah, P'Mew asked me to come."

"Wow~ that's great."

Mew rolled his eyes after what Ohm responded to Eye. "No, he begged me to come with us."

Fluke snorted. He covered his mouth with his hand to stop himself from bursting into laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" Ohm asked when he caught Fluke laughing at him.

Instead of giving an answer, Fluke ignored Ohm and just told Mew to just drive away. Mew smiled at the sight of the two before he followed what the younger said, heading to the mall to shop at the supermarket.

 

 

 

 

Bags of groceries were placed on the kitchen island as soon as Mew and Ohm entered the villa. They just got home from shopping at the supermarket and even carried four bags of groceries while Eye and Fluke followed them from behind.

"I didn't know that shopping for groceries was this tiring." Ohm commented. "Especially, when you're carrying those bags while the other is leisurely following you from behind."

"It's your responsibility to carry it anyway." Fluke murmured when he thought that Ohm was obviously referring to him.

"Okay, that's enough. What do you guys want to drink?"

"I'm fine, Pi." Eye answered right away.

"Me too, P'Mew."

Mew glanced at Ohm, only to see him shaking his head, telling the older that he was fine as well. After making sure that his guests were just fine, Mew then looked at the clock at their living room.

"I'll let you guys rest for a while. I'm going to prepare the things that we need in cooking the food."

The three let Mew got busy at the kitchen while they were chilling at the living room. Once everything was prepared, Fluke then stood up and headed to the kitchen to start cooking for the dinner.

Not only Fluke, but Eye and Ohm got up from the couch and helped the two. While working at the kitchen, Fluke shared to Mew how his brother really likes stir fried basil pork and that's the reason why they were going to cook that dish for their dinner. While they were all busy working at the kitchen, Ohm noticed a certain paper that was stuck on the fridge. It was impossible for the two to have bills already since it hasn’t been a month after they moved at the villa.

Being born with inquisitive personality, Ohm approached the fridge and squinted his eyes while reading what was written on the paper. As soon as he read it, he chuckled. “P’Mew, why in the world are you two writing this damn thing?”

“What?” He asked, looking at his cousin’s direction including Fluke and Eye.

Ohm didn’t answer. He just grabbed the paper and held it, showing it to everyone. Eye and Fluke walked towards him and read the paper as well.

“You guys are making house rules?” Eye asked, not really that surprised. It was in her novel, and she even knew who wrote it as well.
“This is probably my brother’s idea.” Fluke assumed in which he was actually right as well.

“That’s right, for a peaceful and healthy living.” Mew sarcastically said.

“Even if you two wrote thousands of rules, I don’t think this house will be peaceful.” What Ohm said was actually a fact, so everyone didn’t bother to disagree at him.

Mew pursed his lips into a thin line. He approached his cousin and grabbed the paper from his cousin. He stuck it back on the fridge. Before going back to what he was doing, he held his cousin’s wrist and dragged Ohm with him as he said. “Stop playing around and just help us.”

 

 

 

 

An hour had passed and the four were still busy working at the kitchen. They were almost done when they heard the sound of the gate closing. All of them came into a halt and their heads turned to the look at the main entrance's direction. It made Mew's brows to furrow. If he remembered correctly, Gulf informed him that he would finish his work late on that day.

It was already too late for them to react when the main door suddenly creaked open. The person behind that door finally revealed and it was none other than Gulf.

Upon opening the main door of their house, his gaze went straight to the kitchen when he noticed that there were people in there. And as soon as his gaze landed at the kitchen, he was shocked to see familiar faces. And of were his brother, Ohm, Eye, together with Mew. Seeing the presence of his younger brother, Gulf became shocked.

"Fluke, what are you doing here?" Gulf confusedly uttered after seeing his brother's presence in the villa. "How come you are all here together?"

"Hello Pi. I am here to help P'Mew make dinner."

"P'Mew?"

"I called him and Eye to help me prepare our dinner." Mew in.

"Why bother them? I can just make it."

"No, it's my turn to do the chores and I want to learn it as well."

"Ohh... okay." Asking other people to help him learn how to cook, Gulf felt a bit disappointed hearing it.

"P'Gulf..." Eye called. "The food is ready. We'll just have to serve it on the table.”

"Okay. I'll just put my things in my room."

Gulf left the four downstairs and headed to his room. He changed his clothes before going downstairs to have dinner. When he arrived at the dining area, he saw all the food that Mew made with the help of Ohm, Fluke, and Eye served on the dining table. It actually looked tasty and he couldn't wait to try them all.

He sat on one of the chairs and then they all started digging into the dishes that they made. Of course, since the foods were all made for Gulf, everyone was anticipating for his reaction after taking a bite of the stir fried pork basil which is his favorite food of all time.

"How was it?" Fluke asked his brother. "P'Mew made that one."

"Hmm, okay."

"Okay? Just okay?"

"What? Do you want me to say that it's the most delicious dish that I've ever tried?"

"N-not really... but..."

"It's okay, Nong Fluke." Mew jumped in with a smile on his face. "I should be working on it next time. I guess."

"It's actually delicious." Ohm stated after taking a bite of the dish that Mew made. "We all have different taste buds. It might be not so good for Gulf, but for us, it's already tasty."

"I kind of agree with P'Ohm." Eye agreed with his cousin's statement. "Well, let's just enjoy our dinner before the food gets cold."

Everyone shifted their attention back to the food in front of them. They continued enjoying the dishes that they made except for Fluke. While everyone was busy munching, he was busy staring at his brother. He was a bit disappointed of Gulf at how he treated Mew when everything the older did was for him. For some reasons, he would strongly agree at Ohm’s comment that this house would never be peaceful.

 

 

 

 

After their dinner, Mew obliged to wash the dishes. Eye volunteered to help her brother, while Ohm said that he's going to clean the table. While everyone had their own chores, Gulf and Fluke stayed at the garden, having a Thai dessert that Fluke bought.

"Pi, what you did a while ago was a high of rudeness."

"Which part?" Gulf said, acting clueless.

"About what you said after eating the dish that P'Mew made."

"That wasn't rude."

"Well, that's what you think." Fluke insisted. "You could just say something or a feedback about the food."

"Is 'okay' not a feedback?"

Fluke sighed. He didn't know what to say to his stubborn brother anymore. He kept on insisting something that wasn't right at all.

"At least you could have just said something different."

"Pi." The younger continued. "Your husband is a kind man."

"Did he poison you?"

"Piii~"

"Fine. Continue."

"You should at least treat him well. He's treating you nice. He reached out to me last time asking on how to make it up to you with your ruined clothes. And now, he asked us to help him made dinner because he always burnt the food he cooked for you. You should at least appreciate those things that he did for you. You're so rude. It's like P'Mew married a five year old boy."

Gulf couldn't believe that his younger brother was lecturing him. He was so ready to defend himself but he wasn't able to do it anymore, when Mew, Eye, and Ohm came at the garden and joined them. They sat on the empty chairs and grabbed a piece of the dessert on the table.

 

"By the way Ohm, are you going to ride a cab going home?"

"No, I called dad to send someone to pick me up."

"How about you Eye? Are you going to stay here for the night?"

"No Pi, I have a morning class tomorrow. Dad already sent someone to pick me up."

"Okay, and..."

Before Mew could even speak, Ohm in like he already knew where would that conversation end. "I'm going to send Fluke home."

Ohm, declaring that he's going to send Fluke home made everyone to turn to look at him, especially Gulf. He looked at Ohm like there was something between him and his younger brother. But his thoughts were cut when Fluke spoke.

"No, I can go home by myself." Fluke insisted as he didn't want to be sent by Ohm going home.

"It's dangerous for a guy like you to go home by yourself, so let me just send you home. After all, I'm going to pass your street anyway."

"Why? What kind of guy is my brother?" Gulf sternly asked.

"Pi, that's enough."

"Gulf, just let my cousin sent Fluke home. After all, they are both going to the same direction."

It wasn't him who's going home with Ohm anyway and so he just stayed silent and let Fluke decide it by himself. Fluke ended up agreeing to it when Eye and Mew teamed up, encouraging him to just go with Ohm instead of going home with a public transportation.
The four of them had a talk, Mew talking to his cousin about their job while Gulf, Fluke, and Eye talked about their university life. Gulf and his sister-in-law, Eye, got closer since the two both shared the same major. Gulf told her that he had lots of books that Eye might need in the next years and she's welcome to borrow those books when she needed one.

 

 

 

 

After almost an hour of staying at the garden, chitchatting while enjoying the desserts, the person who's going to fetch Eye had finally arrived. Eye left the villa first, leaving only Fluke and Ohm together with Mew and Gulf. But not long after that, the one who's fetching Ohm came to pick him up and Fluke was forced to leave with him.

When everyone left the villa, Mew started cleaning the table, picking up those used plates and water glasses. Gulf helped his husband as he wiped the table and brought the rest of the used glasses.

He went inside, going straight to the kitchen where Mew was washing the dishes. He placed the glasses on the sink before he finally let out the question that he wanted to ask as soon as his brother and Ohm left.

"What's your cousin's end game with my brother?"

Gulf sounded so strict with his voice. But instead of giving his full attention to the younger, Mew continued washing the dishes as he asked. "What do you mean?"

"Don't act like you don't understand my question. Tell me, is he hitting on my brother?"

"He maybe my cousin, but I don't have the list of his agendas in his life."

Not being able to get the answer that he wanted to hear, Gulf just stood up beside Mew while staring at him washing the dishes and drying them up. When Mew was already done, he wiped his hands on a dry towel before shifting his direction to his husband who became muted.

"What?" Mew then asked when he caught his husband staring at him.

"Yes, what? What's with Ohm?"

"Ohm? Ohm is… a person." Mew simply said before he turned his back to the younger and started taking steps going out of the kitchen.

"Heyyy!"

Mew snorted after hearing his husband being so annoyed. He turned around, looking at Gulf as he said. "Ohm… is a person who likes your brother."

Gulf's mouth slowly agape after what he heard. He blinked his eyes multiple times as he tried to sink in what Mew had just told him. Fluke is his younger brother and he's still young to have a relationship with someone. He was snapped from his thoughts when he heard his husband calling him.

"Gulf?"

He quickly turned his head to Mew and the older continued to speak. "Turn off the lights when you go upstairs. I'm going to bed now."

"Wait! Hey!”

“Gulf, stop shouting.”

“No, I'm not yet done with you." He turned the lights off just like what Mew said before trudging after his husband. "Does Ohm like my brother?"

"I'm sleepy."

"No, you can't sleep!"

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Fluke was looking outside of the window while riding a car with Ohm going back home. He was sitting at the back seat as well as Ohm who's checking something on his phone.

The two were totally silent during the whole ride, but not until a man suddenly crossed on the street, in front of their car, making the driver to abruptly stepped on the break without prior notice.

The sudden action made Ohm and Fluke as well as their driver to fall forward. While Ohm was able to held on somewhere and prevent his head from hitting the headrest, it was different from Fluke. He was so immersed with his own thoughts that he fell forward and hit his head.

"Ouch!" Fluke grimaced.

Ohm quickly checked on Fluke when he heard the younger groaned in pain. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. But I hit my head against the window and headrest."

"I'm sorry about that, Sir Ohm." The driver apologized. "There was a man who suddenly crossed the street."

"It's okay, Mr. Fong."

Mr. Fong resumed driving while Ohm scooted closer to Fluke after seeing the younger caressing his head.

"Let me see." Ohm said as he scooted closer.

"It's fine." Fluke insisted.

But Ohm ignored him and continued to scoot closer to the younger. The older held his head and moved it closer to him to have a look. Ohm started brushing Fluke's hair as he tried to find and check the affected area.

"Careful." Fluke cried once again. "It's a bit painful."

He looked at Fluke and said. "I know. I'm a doctor."

"A resident doctor." Correcting the older as he looked up. And he regretted doing it as their faces were just a few inches away from each other.

The two were staring at each other, they were gazing at each other's eyes. Because of that closeness, Fluke was able to take a good look of Ohm's handsomeness. They stayed like that until Ohm slowly pressed on the area where Fluke hit his head.

"Awww!" He wailed in pain. "Why did you do that?"

"Because you said I'm a resident doctor."

"That is true anyway."

"But it doesn't mean that you CAN'T trust me."

Fluke turned silent while looking angrily at Ohm before he looked away and whispered. "Fine."

"Just apply an ice on it to reduce the swelling."

"Yes, Doctor Ohm."

Though Fluke sounded sarcastic, Ohm snorted and just let it slip. He didn't try to argue with the younger. He let go off Fluke's head and moved away from him. But his gaze was still at the younger who was looking out of the window again. He remembered how their faces were really close to each other. How Fluke's skin looks so smooth that he wanted to pinch them. How his heart beat erratically while they were in that state.

And of course, he also saw how plump and kissable Fluke's lips were. Thinking about it, Ohm immediately shook his head and distracted himself from looking out of the window as well. They stayed like that until Fluke arrived home. He thanked the driver, and hesitated to thank Ohm for sending her home, but in the end Fluke ended up thanking Ohm as well.

 

 

 

 

Mew was completely dressed up, getting ready to work, when he went downstairs to have his breakfast. An American breakfast greeted him as soon as he trudged towards the dining area. He glanced at Gulf who's at the kitchen island cutting some fruits.

"Morning." Mew greeted his husband.

Hearing his husband's voice, Gulf looked up to see Mew standing at the dining area. "Oh, morning. Have some breakfast before going to work." After cutting the fruits, Gulf served it on the table and sat on a chair across Mew.

"And, you don't have to pick me up later." Gulf stated.

"Why? Are you angry with me again?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because you didn't tell me about Ohm hitting my brother."

"Come on, that was just a few days ago."

"Even though!" Gulf strongly insisted. "Anyway, today is my last day as an intern so we'll have a small party tonight."

"Ohh, where?"

"Why are you asking?"

"It's in the rule."

"The rule is just about telling you what are you going to do."

"And that includes the place."

Gulf scoffed. He's annoyed at Mew for asking too many details about the party that he's going to attend later that day. He rolled his eyes and took a bite of his food before telling his husband the place where the party be held. "I forgot the name of the place, but they said it's a hotel that has karaoke bar."

"Ohh, I see. You can just call me later if you want me to pick you up. I'll be at the hospital until late at night because I need to attend a surgery."

"Okay."

 

 

 

 

It was already almost 9 in the evening when Mew got out from the emergency room. After reviewing some papers, he went to his office right away where he heard his phone ringing on the desk. He was expecting that it was his husband, Gulf, calling him and asking him to pick him up. But when he looked at the caller as soon as he approached his desk, the call wasn't from Gulf, but it was from his sister.

Mew answered the call and put it on a loud speak as he removed his white coat. "Hello, Eye?"

"Hello Pi."

"Yes, what is it? Is there anything you want?"

"I just want to ask if you're with P'Gulf."

"Gulf? Why?"

"He told me last time about the books that he has. There is this book that I need and I want to ask him if he has it."

"Ohh, I see. I'm actually at the hospital. I'll ask him when I get home."

"Really? Are there lots of patients, Pi?"

"No, I attended a surgery a while ago."

"Was it a successful operation?"

"Yeah, it was."

"I'm glad to hear that." Eye smiled, though his brother couldn't see it. "Anyway, thank you for helping me relaying my message to P'Gulf. I kept on calling him, but he wasn't answering."

"Ahh, he's actually at a party right now. He may not notice your call."

When Eye learned that Gulf was at a party, her brows furrowed. "Party?"

"Yes, he told me that his company would have a party for the interns since it’s already their last day."

While listening to her brother, Eye thought that something wasn't right and that the scene was very familiar to her. "P'Mew, hold on a second."

"Yeah, sure." Mew answered while cleaning his desk as he was about to leave his office as well.

Mew left the phone still on a loud speaker while he was organizing some paper that was scattered. Then he heard Eye spoke, but this time, Eye's voice sounded like he was panicking and it was totally alarming.

"P'Mew, you need to leave now."

"Wait, what leave?" He came to a halt as he responded to his sister and his brows furrowed in confusion. “Where am I going?”

"You need to go to P'Gulf."

"But why?" He didn't understand what his sister was talking about and why she was asking her to go to Gulf. And so he set aside the papers that he was organizing. Then, he picked up his phone and focused his attention to his sister on the line. "Wait, Eye, what are you talking about? Why do I need to go to Gulf?"

"I'll explain it later Pi. But this time, you need to leave and save Gulf because he's in danger!"