It's You

The Last Wish

It was Saturday morning and Gulf had finally woken up from his peaceful sleep when a ray of light from the sun struck on his face. He stirred from his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. He attempted to sit on the bed, but his throbbing head hindered him from doing so. He was about to lift his hand and placed it on his head when he noticed that someone was holding it. His brows furrowed and his attention shifted to the other side of his bed, checking who that person was. And when he finally saw that person, he was surprised. It was none other than his husband, Mew.

He stared at Mew who was sleeping uncomfortably beside him. The older was sitting on the floor as he placed his head on the bed while his hand was tightly holding Gulf's.

Gulf couldn't clearly remember what happened the previous night. All he remembered was that he was partying at a karaoke club with his colleagues and co-interns. He also remembered that he was brought by Mr. Nan in a hotel room and the older attempted to do something bad to him. But then, Mew came and took him home. From there, Gulf couldn't remember what happened next and how he ended up lying on his bed with his pajamas on.

He was in his pajamas.

That thought made Gulf to widen his eyes. He held the hem of the blanket on top of him and lifted it, checking if he was below. But no, he was perfectly wearing his pajamas both the upper and the lower part. Since he couldn't retrieve his memories from the previous night, he wasn't sure whether he was the one who put on with his clothes or it was Mew. If it was the older, surely, he would be totally embarrassed.

Though he wasn't able to remember whatever happened to him that night, he could still clearly see that his husband took care of him the whole night and the older even stayed with him, never leaving his side. He sighed as he looked at his husband this time.

Deep inside, Gulf felt thankful to the older. He knew how tired Mew was, knowing that he attended a surgery before rushing to the hotel and saved him. Gulf's mouth slowly formed into a small smile. He lifted his free hand and slowly approached it to the older. He was about to land his hand on the older's head and caressed it, when their doorbell rang. The younger got startled and hastily withdrew his hand. He slowly lie on the bed again and pretended to go back to sleep.

The doorbell continued ringing. It was really noisy that it woke Mew up from his sleep. As soon as he opened his eyes and lifted his head, Mew's attention went straight to Gulf. He withdrew his hand from holding Gulf's and placed the back of it on Gulf's forehead, checking if the younger didn't get any fever from what happened. But to his relief, Gulf was just fine.

The consecutive ring of their doorbell then got his attention. He carefully and slowly stood up as his body went numb after sleeping in that position. He got out from the younger's room, went downstairs and opened the gate to whomever their visitor early in the morning. And when he got there, the person standing behind their gate and their early morning visitor was actually Eye.

"H-hello Pi." Eye greeted him as she raised her hand. "Morning."

"Oh, Eye. Come in."

"Thanks Pi."

After receiving a permission to get inside the village, Eye followed her brother as he headed inside the house. When they got in, they both went straight to the living and sat across each other.

"Where's Pi Gulf?" Eye asked after looking around the house and didn't find the presence of Gulf.

"He's still sleeping upstairs." Mew answered with a yawn. "What brings you here, sis? Do you have some news about what happened last night?"

"Hmm!" She nodded her head. "The police were able to interrogate Mr. Nan after he woke up."

Seeing his sister eagerly nodded her head, Mew's ears quirked and his face turned serious. "And what did he say?"

"He tried to tell a lie. He said that Gulf seduced him.”

“Seduced him?” Mew scoffed.

“Yes, Pi. But a small pack of aphrodisiac was found in his suit. And also, that wasn't the first time Mr. Nan attempted to do something like that to someone."

"It's not the first time?" Mew's brows drew together as he asked.

"Police has been actually searching for Mr. Nan. It was said that Mr. Nan has been transferring to different companies after ually harassing some employees. The reason why he had those cameras set up inside the room was that Mr. Nan sells those videos. He gets a lot of money through it." Eye revealed. "Mr. Nan threatened his victims for them to stay silent. But after what happened last night, his victims finally spoke up."

"But how did they know?"

"One victim of Mr. Nan was a guest from that hotel. He heard about what happened and urged everyone to speak up to finally end Mr. Nan's evilness."

"He?"

"Yes, Pi. Mr. Nan is gay. He likes good looking man and Gulf happened to be his cup of tea."

Listening to all those information from Eye made him to curl his hand into a fist and let out a deep breath in anger. Mr. Nan bumped the wrong person, Mew thought. Gulf is his husband. Whoever hurt him, needed to face Mew as a consequence.

"I'm going to file a case for Mr. Nan." Mew determinedly declared.

"Ahm... I kinda know that you’re gonna say that Pi, so I did it."

"You did it already?"

"Yeah, his victims had filed as well, so I decided to join them. His case is too strong because of the presence of those videos that he had taken, so the prosecutor said that there's a big chance that we will win this case against him."

"I'm... I feel relieve to hear that. At least, I can tell something good to him once he wakes up."

To cheer his brother up, Eye plastered a small smile on his face. "Everything will be fine. So don't worry, Pi."

He was thankful that Eye was there to cheer him up. He stared at his sister for a moment as he put on a small smile as well. But suddenly, his smile dropped and his brows furrowed as he stared at his sister. He remembered something and it was what he wanted to ask to his sister.

"Eye, I really want to ask on how you knew that Gulf was in danger." Mew asked. "How did you know about that, sis?"

Eye suddenly got tensed. That smile on her face drastically disappeared and she gulped after hearing her brother's question. She didn't know what to say. She couldn't just tell her brother the truth. "Ahmm... I..."

"And you even knew where he was." Mew added.

“Ohh… I…” Stuttering as she tried to come for an excuse. She started scratching the back of her head as she tried to avoid looking at her brother. “A-actually…”

"Did he mention it to you when you were chatting?"

"Oh! Yeah, he did!" She lied. "He did mention it one time."

"But, how did you know that he would be in danger?"

"Because... because it is a party. Of course, the presence of alcohol is a must. And Fluke told me one time that Pi Gulf easily gets drunk. That's why I told you that he's in trouble. He's in trouble because… because he can't tolerate too much alcohol intake. But I... I didn't know that it would turn out like that."

"Hmm… okay, I see." He softly answered. Mew might say that it was okay, but deep inside, he was not totally convinced with what his sister said. He could sense that Eye was hiding something from him, but instead of insisting, Mew decided to just end their conversation that way.

Thinking that she already escaped her brother's questions, Eye quickly changed the topic of their conversation to avoid her brother from asking more questions on how she knew everything that was going to happen last night. "Have you... eaten your breakfast Pi?"

"If not, I can make something for you." She suggested.

"Right, I just woke up as well. I... am planning to make Gulf some soup, but I don’t know how. Would you like to help me?"

"Yeah, sure." Eye instantly stood up from the couch and headed to the kitchen where she started opening the fridge and checked the available ingredients they have.

Mew, who was following Eye from behind, stared at her sister. He knew that Eye knows something and she was just hiding it from him. Whatever it was, Mew was eager to know it.

Just like what Eye had agreed, he helped her brother make congee for Gulf's breakfast. Eye also made a western style breakfast for Mew. She stayed there, accompanying Mew who's having breakfast while waiting for the soup to be cooked. Once it's all done, Eye left the villa. But before leaving, Eye told her brother to bring the soup to Gulf and not just to let it sit at the kitchen, waiting for Gulf to wake up.

Of course, he said no at first. But thinking about it, he couldn't just let the soup get cold while waiting for the younger. And on top of that, he couldn't just wait for Gulf to wake up as he needed to eat something as well. Those were the reasons on why Mew found himself placing a bowl of soup and a glass of water on a wooden tray. He took the tray and carefully went upstairs.

When he was already in front of Gulf's room, he knocked on the door before opening it. And there, he saw the younger still lying on the bed, but at that time Gulf was already awake and his gaze was at Mew's direction.

"You're up already." Mew commented.

But Gulf didn't say anything. He was just staring at the older that was placing his breakfast on his nightstand table.

"I made you congee for breakfast. Well, Eye stopped by and offered to help me so it's edible."

"How did I end up here?"

That was Gulf's question, ignoring the breakfast and asked about what happened the previous night. Mew wasn't surprise at all. He just sat on the younger's bed and looked at Gulf straight in his eyes.

"What have you remembered?"

Gulf looked away as he tried to think about the things that happened the previous night. "I remember that I was at the karaoke room with my colleagues."

"And?"

"And... I suddenly felt uncomfortable. Then, I saw everyone started leaving the room. It was only me and... Mr. Nan who were left inside." Gulf muttered Mr. Nan's named almost in a whisper. "He... he drugged me. He took me into a hotel room and took advantage---"

"It’s okay, that's enough." Mew cut him with his soft voice, making Gulf to stop what he was saying and looked at the older. "You don't have to recall those things.”

They both went silent. Gulf didn't know what to say next as he was staring at Mew's face who turned serious and scary. The two of them fought almost every day, but never did he see Mew with that kind of face.

“And I didn’t tell your parents about it yet."

“No, don’t tell them!” Gulf pled vehemently.

Mew got startled with the sudden action as he looked at the younger. Then he nodded his head in agreement since he wasn’t planning to tell their parents about it anyway. “Okay.” He then grabbed the bowl of congee. He started scooping a small amount of it with a spoon and blew the soup before he said. "Have your breakfast now before it gets cold."

Mew fed the younger, approaching the spoon towards Gulf's mouth. But instead of opening his mouth and eat the food in front of him, Gulf kept his mouth shut while still staring at Mew.

"Don't you want to eat?"

"Why did you do that?"

"W-what did I do?" He asked confusedly. He didn't know what was Gulf talking about and thought that maybe his act of feeding the younger was the one Gulf was talking about. And so he placed the spoon in the bowl and placed it back on the table.

"I am not talking about that. I am talking about last night. Why did you save me?" The younger asked. "I am not nice to you. I always... make you feel bad. I always show you how I hate you and the situation we are in now."

"Well, I could actually let Mr. Nan took advantage of you. But... I'm your husband. I can't just sit and relax when you're in danger."

"Why you always use that husband card? Then what if I'm not? Are you still going to be there even though I treat you so bad?"

"Yes." The older answered without hesitation and it made Gulf surprised to hear it. "Whether we were tied as husbands or not, I would still be there to save you."

After saying those things, the two stayed silent as they both stared at each other. They were like having a staring competition. Mew kept his gaze at his husband, analyzing his reaction regarding his statement. And the older could see that Gulf wasn't expecting that response from him. Mew eventually looked away and stood up from the bed.

"If I want something bad to happen to you, I think I shouldn't have saved you back then. When you were crossing the street going to the boutique, I should have let that car hit you. Since I have saved you, not once but twice, that means I want you to be safe." Mew sighed afterwards before he continued. "Eat your breakfast now. I'll be in my room. Call me when you need me."

"Aren't you going to the hospital today?"

"No, I have a VIP patient. So, I'm taking care of that patient at home."

The older left the room, leaving Gulf confused at his statement. He tilted his head as he tried to think of what Mew said. The older mentioned having a VIP patient and he's going to take care of that patient at home.

"Am I that VIP patient?" Gulf asked himself.

Meanwhile, Mew let out a deep breath as soon as he got out from Gulf's room. He recalled everything that he said to the younger. It was like he just confessed to Gulf. He was a bit embarrassed after saying all those things, but then a smile suddenly crossed on his face and he just shrugged his shoulder before heading to his room.

 

 

 

 

Fluke was holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers as he entered an outdoor columbarium inside a temple. He was there to visit his grandmother. As soon as he was already standing in front of his grandmother's niche, Fluke laid the flowers on it. He stared at his grandmother's niche with a smile. There were many things that he wanted to talk to his grandmother. Instead of letting them out, Fluke decided to keep them to himself.

Even though he wouldn't say it out loud, he knew that his grandmother knew what was on his mind. It was about his older brother, Gulf. He really wanted to know why his grandmother made that wish with her friend. He felt bad for his brother being tied in a marriage that he didn't even want, but he felt even worse for Mew. Gulf wasn't treating the older that nice. For him, even though his brother didn't like that marriage, Gulf could at least treat his husband well. It wasn't Mew's fault either and the older was being nice to Gulf even though Gulf treated Mew the opposite way.

He sighed. Fluke knew he couldn't do anything for the two, but he was wishing that everything would be okay between his brother and Mew. After staying for a few moments, Fluke bid his goodbye to his grandmother and promised to visit her again. Fluke went straight to a seaside nearby, where he could sit on the sand and relax.

There weren't too many people staying in that place and so Fluke enjoyed the peacefulness of the place where he could clearly hear the sound of the waves. What it makes it more beautiful was the sunset that he could see from a far. Just as when he was savoring that moment, someone suddenly sat beside him. When Fluke turned to see who it was, it turned out that it was Ohm, the least person that Fluke expected to see on that day. His face distorted upon seeing the presence of the older beside him.

"What in the world are you doing here?" Fluke asked.

"Chilling?" Ohm answered, not even sparing a glance at Fluke and just stared at the beautiful sunset in front of them.

"Don't you have a job?"

"My shift is over."

"Then you can go home right away. Why are you stopping by---"

"Shhhhh~" The older gently shushed him, placing his index finger in front of his lips as he looked at the younger this time. "We have a beautiful sunset in front of us, the sea, the calm waves. You're going to ruin my moment if you keep on yapping there."

"As soon as I saw your face, you ruined my moment as well."

"Then... we're ruining each other's moment."

Fluke rolled his eyes and was about to stand up and leave the place when Ohm held his hand and pulled him back down making the younger to fall forward.

Ohm, who lost his balance when Fluke fell towards him, laid his back on the sand while Fluke was hovering on top of him. As soon as Fluke fell towards Ohm, he was quick to place his hands on the ground, making him not to completely drop his body on top of the older.

Fluke's eyes went wide as he looked at Ohm while the older was just as calm as the waves of the sea. He didn't show a surprise look on his face, but it turned serious. They were both staring at each other's eyes and no one dared to move. The two stayed in that position for a few moments.

"Your eyes..." Ohm softly muttered. "It's beautiful, just like the sunset."

Fluke got frozen at what Ohm’s comment. It was the first time that he heard someone saying that. But Ohm, a play boy like him, Fluke knew that he is a pro when it comes to those things. Flirting is one of his expertise. If others would get melted after getting that compliment, then he's different. He wouldn't fall to that very common lie.

"What a lie." And so Fluke splashed some sand on Ohm's clothes before he pulled himself and sat properly back to his spot.

Ohm pursed his lips after Fluke splash some sand on his shirt, probably stopping himself from arguing with younger after what he did. Instead of throwing some sand at Fluke as well, Ohm just wiped that sand away with his hands and sat up before he shifted his gaze back to the sunset.

"I thought you were with your brother." Ohm stated.

"Why would I be there?" Fluke responded, eyes were gazing at the sea.

Because of Fluke's respond, it made Ohm to look at the younger with his brows furrowed. "Pi Mew didn't come to work today. He was taking care of your brother. Pi Mew said he was sick."

"Sick?" Fluke repeated, looking at Ohm this time. "He didn't tell me about it."

"Your brother may not want you to get worried. And also, my cousin is staying with him."

"Right, I trust Pi Mew. He can take good care of my brother, so my presence is not needed there."

"Why do I feel like you're a bit sad?"

"Me? No, I just feel bad for Pi Mew. He takes care of my brother even though he was treated the opposite way."

Ohm snorted. "Just like you. I treat you real good, but you always show how much you hate me."

The younger rolled his eyes as he looked away. "It’s different. You don't treat me good. You're annoying me, that's it."

"No~" Ohm insisted. "I taught you with your Math activity and I took you home as well."

"No one asked for you to do it."

The older pursed his lips as he let out a deep sigh. There's no use of talking to the younger as he always had excuses in everything. He just stayed silent and shifted his attention to the sea as the sunset was no longer there.

Noticing the sudden quiet atmosphere, Fluke gave Ohm a glance. Seeing that sad look on Ohm's face, a feeling of guilt suddenly struck him for saying such things.

"Fine. Don't be agree." Fluke muttered softly.

"I am not."

"But why did you turn silent all of a sudden?"

"I just like the feeling of sitting here in front of the shore... with you." Before saying the last two words, Ohm gazed at the younger and followed it with a smile.

That smile. It was a smile that Fluke saw for the first time. He never saw Ohm smiling like that when they were at the villa. His smile was like a smile from someone who had fallen in love. It melted Fluke's heart. Words didn’t make him fall for the older, but his smile did. He knew how handsome Ohm was after their faces went too close when they were inside the car, going home from the villa and what happened just a few minutes ago. But looking at Ohm right at that moment, Fluke could say that Ohm is even more handsome if he smiles.

Getting back to his senses, Fluke quickly took his gaze away from Ohm and he stood up. "I'm hungry. Do you want to eat? It’s my treat."

"Ohh~ Are you asking me out on a date?"

“I’m asking you if you want to it. I didn’t say it’s a date.”

“It’s just the same though.”

"If you don't want then I'll just go alone." Fluke quickly trudged away, leaving the older who's still sitting on the sand.

"Wait, I'll go with you!" He instantly stood up and followed Fluke from behind.

 

 

 

 

 

Ever since Gulf started his internship, he wasn't able to sleep longer just like what he usually did before. But after what happened with him and Mr. Nan, he was able to stay on his bed for the whole day. For his meals, his husband would only come to his room with a tray of food. Mew was taking good care of him, letting him sleep for the whole day and serving him meals on bed. When he went down and attempted to cook dinner for them, Mew ordered him to go back to his room and told him that he would take care of their dinner and not him who's going to do it.

Of course, he was skeptical as he knew that Mew couldn't cook. So Gulf tried sneaking downstairs and checked on Mew. There, he saw his husband busy cooking for their dinner. The older was making his favorite food. And while cooking, Mew was watching a video on how to cook it, placing his laptop on the kitchen island.

That action made Gulf to put a small on his face and he went back to his room with a breath of relief. He saw how Mew work hard on making their meal, so he believed that it would come out great. He just sat on his bed and played with his phone, where he saw lots of messages from his friends and co-workers.

He read their messages and it was all about what happened the night of their company party, but Gulf didn't want to give them a response about it yet. That day, all he wanted was to keep his mind clear without thinking about his issue with Mr. Nan. So, he turned his phone off and put it on the night stand table.

Just after half an hour, his door slowly opened and Mew came in with his meals. The smell of fried pork with basil traveled around his room and he was so excited to taste it. Mew gave him a warn, telling him not to expect too much since he was still in the process of learning how to cook.

"I'm really sure that I followed the right ingredients and its measurements. But I don't know if the taste is good or not." Mew uttered. "If you don't like it, just tell me. We can just order something."

Normally, Gulf would say something mean to the older or something that could make him feel hurt. But at that time, he comforted the older with warm words. "It's fine. It doesn't matter. I'm fine with what you made."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I won't die from this, right?"

"Hey, it's edible."

He lightly chuckled. "Okay okay."

Gulf then started eating the food that Mew made. As soon as he tasted the food, his brows raised while munching it. "Are you really sure that you follow everything?"

"Yes." Mew eagerly nodded his head and he started to get worried already. "It doesn't taste good, right?"

"No."

The older sighed. "I knew it. Let's just order something."

"I mean, no. It doesn't taste good, because it's really good."

"You're kidding."

"It's really good. Here, taste it."

Mew obliged and he took a taste of the dish that he made. To his surprise, it was really good. He then nodded his head in agreement and said. "It tastes really like a food. I think I can take care of the kitchen from now on."

"I thought you are still in the process of learning of it."

"Oh! I forgot. Then maybe soon, when I'm already a pro in cooking." The older said confidently. "Anyway, I'll clean up downstairs. When you're done, just call me."

"Have you done having your dinner?"

"I'll have it while doing my work."

"O-okay."

As Mew left the room, Gulf was gazing at him with a worried look on his face. The older didn't go to work, but still did his job while he was at home. Not only that, because Mew was also taking care of him at the same time. He knew that Mew is a kind hearted person. But he wasn't expecting that the older would do something like that, not reporting to work to take care of him, and even did all the chores for him to take a rest. Thanking the older wouldn't be necessary as he expected for Mew to say that it's his duty as his husband, but he knew that he needed to do something in return at least.

 

 

 

 

Asking Ohm for a dinner was a bit of Fluke's revenge towards the older. He knew that Ohm was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and so he brought the younger to a side walk restaurant for a Thai barbecue instead of a fancy restaurant.

Fluke was expecting for Ohm to complain about the restaurant as soon as they got there. He proudly introduced the side walk Thai barbecue restaurant to the older as he put on a wide smile on his face. But that smile disappeared when Ohm reacted differently, far from what Fluke expected. To his surprise, Ohm got really excited to know that they would be eating at that place.

Without any words, Ohm immediately searched for a table for them to sit on while Fluke was completely devastated. He followed the older and sat across him. His plan was a failure. He didn't know that a rich guy like Ohm would get excited eating in that kind of restaurant.

Once they were given a menu, Ohm ordered five sets of pork which made Fluke to widen his eyes.

Fluke ordered two sets and a soup for two people. The two were waiting patiently for their orders to be served, then there's Fluke who was not happy with the situation at all. He was expecting that Ohm would strongly disagree with his choice of restaurant, but the older didn't even show a look of disgust or something. He was even happy just like a five year old child.

"Haven't you eaten for years?" The younger asked. "You ordered too much for yourself."

He shyly let out a small chuckle. "I'm craving for it. I was actually planning to stop by for a Thai barbecue dinner, but then I spotted you at the shore."

"You should've gone straight to your Thai barbecue dinner plan instead of stopping by at the shore."

"It's nice to eat at this place when you have someone to talk to."

"It's even nicer if that someone is not you."

Ohm sighed, but that statement didn't ruin his mood as he just said. "Come on, don't hate me that much. Just enjoy the food and don't think about anything else."

And at the same time, their orders were served on their table. Fluke attempted to grab the tong and grilled the pork by himself because he believed that he's more skillful in grilling than the older. But Ohm was fast enough to grab it and started placing all the raw meat on the griller. Because of that, Ohm received a skeptical look from the younger and he obviously knew why.

"If you're thinking that I don't know how to grill, then let me tell you that I am a pro when it comes to grilling." Ohm proudly said.

"Why should I believe you?"

"No, you don't have to believe me. Just wait and see."

The younger didn't fight back anymore. He just shrugged his shoulders and stayed silent. He then grabbed a single pack of wooden chopsticks. He opened and split it while his eyes were stuck on the foods served on the table. He then started enjoying the other dishes while waiting for the meat to be cooked.

When some of the meat was already cooked, Ohm picked up one meat using his tongs and fed it to Fluke. "Here, try it."

The action made Fluke to glance at the meat in front of him then to Ohm. It took a few seconds before Fluke obliged. He slowly opened his mouth and took the meat that Ohm was feeding him. Of course, he tried to avoid looking at the older while taking the meat.

"How was it? It's good, right?" Eager to know the younger's opinion as he excitedly asked.

Still chewing, Fluke slowly nodded his head and gave a response to Ohm who's patiently waiting for it. "Not bad."

"See! I told you. It's good!" Ohm happily exclaimed then put lots of meat on Fluke's plate. "Here, eat. You need to eat a lot."

"Why are you putting them all on my plate?"

Fluke took a piece of meat from his plate, and this time, it was his turn to feed Ohm, approaching the meat at Ohm's mouth without even looking at the older. "I won't let you just cook there. You need to eat as well, so take it."

For someone like Fluke whose blood kept boiling to the highest temperature every time he saw the older, feeding Ohm was never in his plan. It might not in his plan, but he couldn't just let the older cooked while he was happily eating everything.

Indeed, Ohm was a bit surprised about the younger's action as well. But instead of complaining, Ohm gladly took the meat that Fluke fed to him. "Ohh~ it's really good." He commented, praising his own self.

The two stayed at the restaurant, enjoying their flavorful dinner. Slowly, Fluke got comfortable with Ohm as they both discussed about different stuffs. And they both found that they have lots of similarities to each other, just like being in the kitchen.

Fluke is a pastry student, so he basically loves being in the kitchen, baking cakes or any desserts. Ohm is a general physician, but when he's not in the hospital, he usually loves being in the kitchen. Hearing that fact from the older made Fluke to widen his eyes in surprise. He wouldn't have thought that someone like Ohm loves cooking as well.

After more than an hour of chit-chatting and enjoying their delicious dinner, the two finally wrapped everything up and decided to leave the place after Ohm paid their bill instead of Fluke. Since Ohm brought his car with him, he offered a ride to the younger. He also told Fluke that he wouldn't accept no as an answer, so Fluke just agreed to it, letting Ohm send him home.

The ride going to Fluke's house was not that long since the place wasn't really far from the younger's house. So when they finally reached the place, Ohm pulled over to the side.

Fluke thanked the older for sending him home. But before he could get off from the car, Ohm called him.

"Ahm, Fluke... tomorrow is Sunday." Ohm stated.

"Yes, and?"

"Do you... I mean are you free?" Asking someone out was just a piece of cake for Ohm. But when he was asking Fluke, he didn't know why it was so hard for him to just ask it right away.

"Why?"

"I... It's my day off and I was thinking of inviting you going out for... you know, to eat out or have fun."

Fluke went silent for a moment as he tried to sink in what Ohm had said. The older inviting him to out or have fun. Was he asking him out on a date? Fluke thought.

"Hmmm..." Fluke hummed while slowly nodding and shaking his head afterwards. "I don't know. I have things to do tomorrow."

"Oh, really?" Ohm's voice sounded a bit sad this time.

"My grandmother has an ice cream shop and he left that shop to me and my brother." Fluke started to explain after noticing the sadness from Ohm's voice. "I usually take care of the shop every weekend. I'll check the shop tomorrow. If everything goes well, then I can accompany you on your day off."

Ohm's eyes sparkled in excitement then he asked. "Really?"

"Yeah. But I'm not yet sure about it, so don't be happy. I still need to check the shop."

"It's okay. I can feel that everything will be fine tomorrow and you’re going to accompany me."

Fluke plastered a sarcastic smile at the older’s overloaded self-confidence before he thanked Ohm again and got off from the car. He stood up at the side and waited for Ohm to leave. When the older did, Fluke's eyes were glued at the older's car as he watched Ohm leaving. Then he remembered Ohm's invitation and it suddenly made his lips to form into a sweet smile. He glanced at Ohm's car once again before he happily entered their house.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Gulf woke up early, earlier than his husband. It was Sunday and he knew that it would be the best time to reciprocate his husband's hard work the previous day. And so he got up and went straight downstairs. Their house wasn't really that messy, so all he just needed to do was to give it a vacuum.

Before doing so, Gulf visited the kitchen and made breakfast for him and his husband. When he was done cooking for almost an hour, Gulf then started cleaning the kitchen and vacuumed the living room.

Right after he turned the vacuum off, Gulf heard footsteps coming from the stairs. And when he shifted his attention to that direction, Gulf saw Mew heading downstairs and his eyes widen a bit when he saw Gulf at the living room.

"What are you doing here so early?" Mew asked Gulf right away before glancing around the area. "Did you just clean?"

Gulf nodded his head innocently and he added. "And made breakfast as well."

"You do?" The older was shocked to hear it.

"Yeah."

"Why? You could have just woken me up."

"It's fine." He said, placing the vacuum back to its storage. "Have your breakfast now. It's already set on the table."

Mew took a glance of the dining table and the younger was right. Their breakfast was already set on the table. By looking at it, he wondered what time did Gulf wake up to prepare it and clean the house. Then he said. "Let's eat together."

Gulf had blinked his eyes multiple times, thinking of what reason to say to escape from the older's invitation. "You... you can eat first. I still need to wash our clothes."

"You can do it later."

"But it's better to finish everything earlier. I'm a bit lazy in the afternoon. I may not get this done if I do it later on."

"Then I'll do it by myself." Mew continued to insist. "Besides, Sunday is the day for us to do the house chores together."

Gulf continued making excuses while the older continued insisting. He knew that none of them would give in if that continued. "Okay." So he mumbled, giving up from the conversation. "But let me just do it alone after eating."

The older snorted. "You seem like you're motivated to do the chores that you even want to do them by yourself."

"I... just want to be productive today. I was lying on the bed for the whole day yesterday, so I want to try moving around this time."

"I see. Okay, then... I'll leave the laundry to you."

"That's amazing to hear."

 

 

 

 

Just like what they had talked about, Mew let Gulf did the laundry by himself while he was washing the dishes and cleaning the table. When they were almost done having their breakfast, Gulf suddenly spoke, telling the older that he'll be doing the dishes and cleaning the table afterwards. But Mew disagreed, of course. Even though Gulf insisted and told the older to just rest, still Mew was really eager to help the younger with it.

That's how Gulf gave up debating with the older and just went to get their laundry in their rooms after eating. Gulf went to get his laundry basket first before getting Mew's. It was actually his first time entering the older's room after they got married just a few months ago. So when he entered, he saw how neat the older's room was. Everything was completely organized unlike in his room. It was also clean, but not as tidy as Mew’s room.

But Gulf let out a small laugh after seeing Mew's bed sheet. It was like a kid's bed because of its blue bed sheet with a big cartoon character at the center. He didn't think that a cool guy like Mew have that kind of bed sheet. It was totally unexpected for him.

If Mew's bed was like owned by a kid, well, Mew's desk looked really like a typical doctor's desk. They were lots of papers, folders, and medical books piled on it. Gulf then placed his laundry basket on the floor after he got curious on the book that was left open on the desk. He leaned closer and tried to read the contents of the book. His brows drew closer and formed into a furrow as he read the words written on the book. There were lots of scientific terms that his brain couldn't understand and only Mew does.

He shook his head, trying to shake off the dizziness that he felt after attempting to read those long scientific terms. He then looked around the bed to find the older's laundry and he found it sitting near the closet. He walked towards in its direction and grabbed it before picking his basket on the floor and left the older’s room.

Doing the laundry was never been that difficult as Gulf needed to do it with a washing machine instead of doing it with his hands. But before doing so, he needed to separate the white ones from the colored ones. And also, he needed to check all the pockets and emptied them.

When he was done checking the pockets of his clothes, he then moved to the older's clothes. Everything went totally fine that was until he found something from one of Mew's white gown pockets. It was something that is made of cloth. Gulf pulled it out to see what it was. That thing was actually a handkerchief. It was a handkerchief with two letters embroidered at the corner of it.

It was just a normal handkerchief, but not until Gulf saw the embroidered letters. His brows furrowed. He slowly put the white coat back into the basket as he brought the handkerchief closer to him, looking at it closely. Then he remembered something.

_________________

On the day of his grandmother's death, Gulf was so devastated that he went out of the hospital to clear his mind after what happened. He went straight to the hospital's park and sat on one of the benches.

While sitting on it, he kept on thinking about his grandmother. He wasn't able to say goodbye to her or spend one last moment with her before she was taken away from him. The thought of not being able to see and talk to his grandmother anymore made Gulf's tears to escape from his eyes. He let his tears ran on his face as he sniffed, not really minding the people around him. They were in the hospital, so those people would probably understand why he was crying.

While his mind was busy thinking about lots of things, a handkerchief with two letters embroidered on it appeared right in front of him. Upon seeing the handkerchief's appearance in front of him, Gulf slowly lifted his head to see who was offering him that handkerchief. And when he looked up, he saw a beautiful nurse with a small and sad smile on her face.

"You can blow your nose if you want." She then said.

"Thank you, but it's really okay." He answered.

"This isn't from me. Someone told me to give this to you, thinking that you might need one."

"But... who?"

"I'm not familiar with that person as well. But it seems like the owner of this handkerchief want to comfort you through this, so please accept it."

Gulf was a bit skeptical. But knowing that the nurse didn't know the person as well made him to just slowly lift his hand and took the handkerchief from the nurse. The nurse gave him an encouraging smile before she left him. Gulf followed the nurse with his gaze, but the nurse walked back to an empty wheelchair and went straight to another bench where a patient was waiting for her.

He then shifted his attention to the handkerchief that he was holding. He stared at the embroidered letters before his tears dropped once again. And this time, he used that handkerchief to cover his crying face and wiped his tears.

_______________________

Even though that happened almost half a year ago, Gulf could still remember it. Holding the handkerchief that he got from Mew's coat, Gulf trudged going to his room. He went straight to his closet and opened the drawer at the bottom of it. He then pulled a handkerchief from it. It has a different color from what he found from Mew's coat, but the style was almost the same.

He flipped the handkerchief and there he saw the embroidered letters on it. He then drew the two handkerchiefs together and stared at the embroidered letters on it. The letters, the style, and where it was embroidered, everything were exactly the same. Gulf wasn't able to utter any words as he just kept on staring on the letters embroidered on the handkerchiefs.

The embroidered letters on the handkerchiefs were MS.