Chaotic Life of Marriage

The Last Wish

When the wedding ceremony was over, the reception party was then followed. Gulf was just really quiet and just followed the program without insisting or even complaining. And of course, Mew noticed the sudden silence of the younger. Usually Gulf would complain about everything, but at that time, Gulf was just completely mute.

It was the time where the guests took a break and had their sumptuous dinner. Mew looked around to check on everyone at the party. Before bringing his attention back to his food, Mew took that chance to take a look at his partner who's silently having some bites of his food.

"Gulf..." He softly called. "Are you alright?"

When Gulf heard his name being called by Mew, he paused himself from taking another bite and looked at Mew sitting beside him. "Did you just call me, Gulf?"

"Hmm, why?"

"Nothing."

"Why are you so quiet?"

Gulf then raised an eyebrow at Mew's question. What made him really quiet the whole time was because of Mew's certain action during the wedding ceremony. He couldn't forget how Mew planted a kiss on his forehead. A kiss. It was actually the first time he received a kiss on the forehead and it was even from a man.

He wanted to start protesting about it, but then he remembered that they were in the middle of their wedding reception. He couldn't just act so carelessly in front of lots of people. "I'm just fine."

"Oh, okay, if you say so."

When Gulf gave Mew an assurance that he was just really fine, Mew didn't bother himself to ask more and ended their conversation with just a nod from him. He then continued taking a bite of his food while Gulf's gaze was still at the older. A sigh came out from Gulf’s lips before diverting his attention to their guests.

They were then called by their mothers, asking them to come over and greet their guests. The two obliged and approached each table to greet their guests. The newlywed couple was showered with lots of praises by their friends and relatives, telling them that they both have a good chemistry and they were perfect for each other. Of course, their looks were also praised as the two were both good looking. Especially Ohm, who kept on teasing Mew, telling his cousin how lucky Mew was to married someone like Gulf. To Ohm, it may be good, but for Mew it was a disaster to enter marriage with Gulf.

Eye approached her brother and Gulf to introduce her friends to them. For Mew and Gulf, they have met Samantha already at the wedding boutique. But for Ice and Becca, it was their first time meeting the two girls. Ice and Becca excitedly introduced themselves to the newlyweds. They were both fawning in front of Mew and Gulf for having such great looks. Of course, they didn't miss the chance to take photos with the newlyweds in which they both happily posted on their social medias afterwards.

Mew and Gulf were all smiling as they hear those compliments from their guests. They were both expressing their gratitude for such praises, but deep inside, it was completely different. They were both killing each other with disagreement from the compliments that they heard.

Their guests were telling them how good looking they were, how perfect they were for each other, but for Mew and Gulf, it's not really like that. Gulf maybe smiling outside but his brain was ranting how arrogant Mew was. It's the same for Mew, hearing people saying how elegant and handsome Gulf was, made his head to ache. For him, Gulf was just like a kid who's clumsy and reckless.

"I don't understand why people said that you're handsome and all." Gulf started to rant as they both walked going back to their table. He then looked at Mew, a kind of look that showed disgust. "When you're very arrogant and so full of yourself."

Mew took a halt and scoffed. "Why? Did you think I agree about what they've said? That you're a good looking man? Graceful and with good manners? Huh! They just don't know how clumsy and reckless you are."

Gulf's face distorted as it turned into a complete anger. While displaying that kind of look, Mew was just staring back at him, raising his brows as he acted smug. Mew was really the death of Gulf and his patient for the older was wearing thin.

He always kept on his mind that they were still at their wedding reception because if not, he would have exploded already. Gulf composed himself and let out a deep sigh.

"Whatever."

That was the only response Gulf gave before walking away from his partner and went back to his seat. Knowing that he won over Gulf once again, Mew followed the younger with a big smile on his face.

 

 

 

"They probably don't have your favorite drink here." Ohm stated as he approached Fluke who's busy choosing on what kind of drink was he getting for himself.

Fluke startled and immediately turned around to look at the person talking behind him and he annoyingly let out a loud sigh after seeing who it was. He didn't give Ohm a respond and shifted his attention back to the drinks instead.

When Ohm saw Fluke starting to reach his hand for a certain drink, he took the initiative to help the younger. He gently grabbed the glass that Fluke was holding and got the drink by himself.

"Seriously, Ohm, why are you so annoying? I can just get the drink by myself."

Ohm chuckled at the thought of Fluke casually calling him with his name only when he's actually older than Fluke. "I'm not annoying you." He then turned to look at Fluke and handed him the glass with a drink already. "I was just trying to help you. See, you're holding a plate. I just don't want you to make a mess in here."

Fluke scowled. If only he wasn't at his brother's wedding, he would be beating Ohm until the older begged for him to stop. He rolled his eyes before calming himself. He then took the glass that Ohm was holding while putting on a fake smile. "Are you really helping me? Or you're just trying to annoy me again?"

Ohm raised an eyebrow and before he could defend himself, Fluke continued to speak.

"Anyways, thank you for the help even though... it's not really that necessary. Bye!" And with that, Fluke left Ohm right away, leaving the older frozen on his spot while staring at him in disbelief. Ohm then let out a chuckle before shaking his head. He grabbed a drink for himself before going back to his table.

 

 

 

 

Different sizes of wedding gifts gathered around the living room as soon as the party ended. After sending their relatives and friends going home, Mew and Gulf, together with their families, gathered at the living room inside the villa. Mew and Gulf were sitting next to each other while their families were sitting across them.

"I know both of you were exhausted, so it's better to just open your gifts tomorrow." Mew's mother stated.

"And talking about gifts, we haven't given you, Mew and Gulf, our gifts yet." Her husband added.

"Mom, it's okay. You and aunty already prepared the whole event. It was enough already." Mew reasoned out.

"What aunty? You can call me mom.” It was Gulf's mother. “And that was our responsibility as parents, Mew, and as the daughters of your late grandmothers."

"Yes. So a few weeks before the wedding, all of us gathered and talk. Both families agreed that once you guys get married, you should live together in one roof."

"Haaa?!" Mew and Gulf both reacted in unison.

Their families weren't surprised at all as they expected this reaction from the two. They knew how much they didn’t want to marry each other, how much more letting these two to live together in one roof.

"Wait, live together?" Gulf repeated, asking for confirmation if what he heard was really right.

"Of course, you two are already married so you need to live your life as husbands. And we can start it by the two of you living together in one house." Mew's father explained. "That's why we decided to give you this villa as your new home."

 

 

 

Few days after their lovely wedding, Mew and Gulf weren't only forced to marry each other but they were also forced to live in one roof. And it started, when Mew's parents gifted the newlyweds a fully furnished villa near their workplaces.

A loud thump echoed around the living room after Gulf dropped the box that he was carrying. He let out a loud sigh before roaming his eyes around the area. Then, he rolled his eyes after seeing Mew entering their house while carrying two boxes.

It was weekend and the two of them were busy moving their things into the villa, which would be their new house according to their parents. That was something that they didn't expect to happen. The two of them thought that once they got married, then that's it. But no, they literally need to stand their responsibilities as husbands.

"Are these all your things?" Mew asked his husband after putting the boxes on the floor. "Aren't there any boxes left in the car?"

"No more."

"Great. Then let's take these boxes to the bedroom."

"Bedroom? Wait, how many rooms does this house have?"

Before giving the younger an answer, Mew placed his hands on his waist as he tried to remember what his parents told him about the villa. "It's three."

"Then let's stay in different bedrooms." Gulf stated. "Even though that we're husbands, it doesn't mean that I'm going to share a room with you."

While listening at Gulf's statement, Mew pursed his lips and started carrying his boxes and said. "I don't want to stay with someone who's clumsy and reckless also."

"With what?"

"Nothing, I just said carry your boxes to your room." Mew then left Gulf at the living room as he started carrying his boxes going to his own room.

"I heard that." He murmured. His eyes then scanned all of his boxes that needed to be carried upstairs. He let out a sigh before carrying those boxes going to his room one at a time.

 

 

 

Hours had passed before the two finished moving and arranging their stuffs in their respective rooms, Mew and Gulf sat at the dining area with a pen and a piece of paper on the table. Gulf had called Mew to discuss a few things with the older now that they were already staying together.

"So, why are we here?" Mew asked after he was called by the younger.

"I called you for us to make a set of rules while living together."

"Set of rules? What are we? Elementary students?"

"Stop complaining and just follow." Gulf reprimanded his husband. "If you want to live a peaceful life then let's set some rules."

"Fine." Mew grabbed the paper and wrote the first rule that he thought of. After writing it down, he showed it to his husband as he read it. "Rule # 1, be willing to compromise."

The rule that Mew wrote had made Gulf to look at the older. He never actually thought about that. All he just wanted to be clear was the management of household chores and not something deeper than that.

"We're not just living together because we're roommates. We're here because we're husbands. So, let's act one and not get our own way all the time."

Mew was actually right and there's no way Gulf can still start an argument with that rule. He just grabbed the paper and wrote the next rule. "Rule # 2, split house chores."

"Okay."

"When is your off from work?"

"Sunday."

"Let's clean the house together on Sundays. I'll do the chores on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The rest of the day will be yours."

"Deal." Mew agreed instantly. He then grabbed the paper back to him and wrote something. "Rule # 3, no secrets and ask permission when going out or something."

Hearing the 3rd rule from Mew made Gulf's face to change. His brows were tightly furrowed before he protested. "Why is it your rules are like that?"

"Why? What's wrong with my rules?"

"Are you trying to suffocate me?"

"This rule is not only for you. It's for the both us."

"But I don't really care about where you're going. You don't have to ask my permission, you can just freely go and have fun."

Mew clicked his tongue, as he started to get annoyed at Gulf for constantly contradicting in almost everything. "Look, Mr. Bungersome. You're my responsibility. If something happens to you, your parents will probably kill me. And also, you're right. I don't need to ask your permission it's because I'm not as reckless as you are."

"Ah~ so that's the reason why you include this rule? Because I'm reckless?"

Instead of responding the younger and continued their argument about the 3rd rule, Mew slid the paper back to Gulf and said. "Next rule."

"I don't have anything to write anymore!" Gulf was annoyed and he's not in the mood to continue writing those set of rules that he wanted to establish.

"Okay then. Let's stick these rules on the refrigerator. Whenever you feel like adding another rule, feel free to write." Mew stood up and stuck the paper on the refrigerator for them to see it every time they visited the kitchen.

"Today is Saturday." Gulf reminded the older. He wanted to take revenge by starting the effectivity of their house rules within that day. "I'm hungry, you need to cook something."

Mew then abruptly turned to look at his husband when he was asked to cook. "C-cook? Me?"

"Oh! That's the 2nd rule." Gulf sarcastically put on a smile as he pointed the paper where their house rules were written. "Faster, I'm really hungry."

"Why don't you just order something?"

"No, home cooked meals are healthier and more delicious." Gulf reasoned out before leaving Mew and went to his room.

 

 

 

 

The younger had an afternoon nap after his heated rule making with Mew. It was a peaceful and quite a long nap, but it was disturbed with a few noises from downstairs. Gulf's eyes went wide open, when he heard noises of kitchen utensils.

He then stood up from his bed and went out from his room to check what was going on. When Gulf got out, he cocked his eyebrows instantly as he smelled something unpleasant. It was a smell like something was burnt.

Thinking that something was really off, Gulf wasted no time as he briskly walked going to the kitchen. And when he arrived there, he saw Mew busy taking something from the pan going to the plate that Mew was holding.

"What's that smell?"

When Mew heard Gulf's voice from behind, he got startled and he hid the electric stove behind him right away.

The older didn't respond at Gulf's question and so Gulf dropped another question to the older. "What is it behind you?"

"O-oh nothing, it's just---"

Gulf didn't wait for Mew's explanation anymore as he trudged towards the older and tried to look at the thing that Mew was hiding behind his back, but only to be stopped by Mew.

Using both of his hands, Mew didn't let Gulf to move any closer to the stove as he put his hands on Gulf’s chest and stopped the younger. Gulf was eager to see the thing behind Mew so he started moving from side to side just to take a glimpse of it.

"Let me see." Gulf said, trying his best to find a way to see what's behind Mew.

"It's just really nothing."

"Then why won't you let me see if it's nothing?"

"Why can't you just go back to your room and wait for me to call you for dinner?"

"No, I'm hungry now."

Neither of them wanted to give up. Gulf who's eager to see what Mew was hiding behind him while Mew was determined not to let the younger saw it. But not until Gulf suddenly lost his balance, making him to fall towards Mew. Seeing the younger leaning towards him, Mew was fast enough to wrap his arms around Gulf to hold him still.

At that moment, the two of them were staring at each other straight in the eyes as their faces were just a few inches away. Seeing Mew's face that close made Gulf to stay silent and got mesmerized by his husband's beauty. He now realized why everyone at their wedding kept on praising Mew with his looks and telling him that he's very lucky to have such a handsome husband.

Meanwhile, it wasn't the first for Mew to stare at Gulf's pretty face because he had been watching him all along. It was also their second time being that close after he saved Gulf from carelessly crossing the streets when they went to the wedding boutique. But as always, Mew still admired how a grumpy Gulf had that pretty face.

Because of that close interaction and after he finally got back to his senses, Gulf stayed still and just let his eyes moved. He was able to shift his attention from Mew's face to the burnt egg that Mew was hiding behind him.

"So you burnt the egg that you were cooking?"

Gulf didn't sound angry when he stated that, but his voice was really soft that it could melt someone's heart. After realizing what Gulf said, Mew glanced at the burnt egg behind him before he gently pushed Gulf away from him.

"It... it was just a trial." Mew excused.

"A trial? So how many trays of eggs are you planning to burn today?"

"It's not like that. Fine, I don't know how to cook. Happy?"

For the first time, Gulf saw a look of defeat on Mew's face. And instead of getting angry for burning an egg, Gulf couldn't help but to smile. Someone who's arrogant and full of himself couldn't actually cook? It sounded so disbelieving but adorable at the same time. Gulf thought.

"Let's just order food for dinner." Mew declared out of embarrassment.

"No, we can actually have this." Gulf took the plate and spoon to transfer the egg from the pan to the plate. His husband tried to stop him but he didn't care and just took the egg.

"But I already ordered."

"You do?"

Mew hummed. "I know that I'm going to ruin the egg, so I ordered beforehand."

It was not an excuse or just another reason, because right after Mew said it, their doorbell rang. Knowing that it was the food that he ordered, Mew then ran going out of their house to receive his orders. And when he finally got it, he wasted no time to go back inside to unload the food containers from the plastic bag.

Delicious meal greeted Gulf as soon as Mew unveiled those foods and settled on the table. Gulf literally his lips while staring at those mouthwatering dishes in front of him. Mew then settled the table with plates and utensils they needed before telling Gulf to sit down.

The younger obliged and settled himself at the table. Mew then took this chance to get the plate where the burnt egg was placed and was planning to throw it. But Gulf saw him and held the plate, telling him that the burnt egg would go nowhere because they were going to eat it as well.

Mew still insisted, but Gulf told him that he's going to add that as their # 4th rule. And because of this, Mew gave up and let Gulf had the egg. To be fair, Mew also had the burnt egg until the two of them finished it.

 

 

 

At the hospital, Mew was busy looking into a patient's record when he heard a knock from the door. His eyes gazed at the door and waited for it to open even without his permission. And as soon as the door opened, Ohm's presence appeared behind it.

Ohm waved at his cousin in which he received a nod. He walked inside and closed the door before he started to speak. "So how was your one week vacation? You just got in but you were already given a vacation by my dad."

"Are you giving me a compliment or you're whining over it?" Mew stated while his attention stuck at the computer in front of him.

Before Ohm could answer, he chuckled awkwardly and sat on a chair in front of Mew's desk. "Of course, it was a compliment."

"You can get married as well for you to be given a week of vacation."

"Nahh~ I don't have someone right now."

"You won't really have one if you keep on teasing Nong Fluke. How can you get his attention when you're like that?"

"Fluke? Ohh, that kid. Well, he's cute but... I like women."

"Scam."

"What scam?"

"That you like women."

Ohm laughed. "Come on~ Lots of girls want to get my attention and I also dated girls before."

"Whatever Ohm." Mew then finished his business with his computer before giving his full attention to his cousin. "Anyway, why are you here?"

"Oh, I just want to talk to you about your life as a married person and to give you these." Ohm lifted the folder that he was holding, showing it to the older across him.

"Still the same, nothing's change."

"How come nothing's change when you're already living together?"

"Just... okay, what do you want to hear?"

"That you two share the same bed."

"Impossible." Mew scoffed before lifting his hand to get the folder that Ohm needed to give to him. "We're staying in different bedrooms. Now, give me that and go back to your office."
Not waiting for Ohm to hand him the folder, Mew gently snatched it away careful not to ruin it. He leaned against his chair before shooing Ohm away with his hand.
“You’re always shooing me away.” Ohm pouted then he sent his cousin a glare for always shooing him away while Mew just gave him a teasing smile.

 

 

 

With only a few days left before Gulf officially finished his internship hours at the company, they were given lots of paperwork. Gulf was busy encoding on the computer when their marketing manager roamed around. Gulf was like a diamond, he shined so bright that Mr. Nan quickly saw him as soon as he entered the marketing department. Mr. Nan beamed after seeing the younger and he went straight to Gulf.

"Nong Gulf~" He cooed.

Gulf was so focused on his work, but his attention was taken away when he heard Mr. Nan's voice behind him. He turned his head at the older's direction before giving his manager a wai. "Hello, Mr. Nan."

"Oh! You don't have to do the wai."

Gulf shyly smiled. "Do you need something Mr. Nan?"

"Ahm, not really. I was just roaming around to check my team department."

"Ohhh~"

"Yes, I see you guys are really busy."

"There is quite a lot of paperwork recently and it's urgent."

Hearing that from Gulf made Mr. Nan to lift his hand and placed it on Gulf's back. Gulf's co-interns' attention suddenly stirred after noticing the manager's action. He caressed the back of the younger, like he's encouraging Gulf.

"Susu na, Gulf."

Oblivious Gulf just smiled at the older and said. "Thank you, Mr. Nan."

"Yeah, surely. You're welcome." His hand climbed from Gulf's back going to the younger's shoulder. Then, he tapped Gulf's shoulder and left. He sent encouraging words to others as well before leaving the department.

 

 

 

 

"Gulf, don't you think... Mr. Nan is a bit touchy towards you?" Gulf's co-intern, Hiter, asked. They were already outside the company building when they talked about it.

"Touchy?" Gulf repeated, completely oblivious about what his co-interns were trying to point out.

"Yes, he was touching you inappropriately. Like this." Mawin stated then he started touching Gulf's back, trying to demonstrate how Mr. Nan touched him earlier that day.

"Don't you find it disturbing?"

Gulf chuckled. "No, I don't think it's odd. You guys are just thinking too much."

For Gulf, it was nothing. But for his friends, it could be considered as ual harassment. Since Gulf insisted that it was fine and it was something that shouldn't be thought of as a big deal, they just dropped the thought of arguing with their friend about it.

"Anyway, see you guys tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you!" Hiter said before noticing something. "By the way Gulf, I haven't seen you bringing your motorbike these past few days."

"I noticed that too. Was it broken, Gulf?" Mawin asked.

"No, not really. I was---"

Before Gulf could continue his statement, he saw Mew coming out from the car that was parked right across where Gulf and his friends were standing. Mew leaned his back against the door of the driver seat of the car. He crossed his arms in front of his chest, while staring at Gulf and his friends.

"Ohh~" His friends cooed after seeing Mew, looking so cool while waiting for him.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Mawin asked with a teasing smile. “He’s hot!”

"That's why you're not bringing your motorbike because someone is here to pick you up na~" Hiter teased.

"He's not my boyfriend." Gulf denied, after having the chance to speak.

"Eyy~ really? Then who is he?"

"He's just... just a friend, Hiter." Gulf hesitated to introduce Mew as his friend when the truth was that Mew is his husband. "You know... you two should really leave now."

"Okay okay, Hiter and I are leaving now. Well, have a nice day with your... friend." The two left Gulf after teasing him with Mew.

And right after his friends left, Gulf ran towards Mew and started to complain. "Are you a model or something?"

"Why? Do I look like one?"

"No, never. Not a chance." He answered without thinking twice. "Why did you come out?"

"It's hot inside."

"You have an air conditioner."

"You're taking too long to talk with your friends." Mew started complaining. "Why? Is it your last meeting today?"

"We were just..." Gulf paused for a while as he thought about whether telling Mew about Mr. Nan or not. He then recalled the rules and remembered the 3rd rule, no secrets. But thinking about it, the issue about Mr. Nan was just nothing. It was his friends whose thinking too much about it.

"You were just... what?"

"Nothing. Let's just go home." Gulf dropped the conversation and went to the passenger seat. Mew didn't mind it anyways as he thought that it might be another temperamental moment of the younger.

 

 

 

The rest of the days went smooth between Mew and Gulf, but not when it was already Mew's turn to take care of the house chores. The older keeps on making mistakes.

One time, he broke a plate while washing the dishes. He kept on burning the food that he was cooking even though Gulf was there giving him instructions and guiding him. When it comes to cleaning the house, he swept and vacuumed the floor but only those surfaces that were visible to the eye. He wouldn't bother moving the furniture to clean underneath them. In washing their clothes, the two decided to do their laundry twice a week. Gulf would do on weekdays while Mew would do it on weekends.

It was Sunday and the two were done cleaning the house, both the first and the second floor. Gulf was searching his white shirt since he’s preparing the clothes that he’s going to wear the next day. He opened his wardrobe but he couldn’t find it anywhere. He remembered that Mew was doing their laundry that morning. He went outside, straight to wear the clothes were hang-dry, and checked if his white shirt was there.
And yes, it was hang-dry. But as soon as Gulf saw his shirt, his eyes widened as he slowly parted his mouth. He angrily grabbed his shirt and stared at it. He also looked at the other clothes in white and he got really furious. All clothes in white got stained from the colored clothes. And most of them were his shirts that he’s going to use in his internship.
Gulf took a deep breath before he stormed going inside their house. He headed to the older’s room and knocked it so hard. “Hey! Doctor Arrogant! Open the door.”

Mew, who was inside his room, jolted in surprise when Gulf knocked on his room furiously. He was reading some medical records as he rested himself after doing all the household chores. But here’s his husband, Gulf, banging on his door like he had done something unforgivable. With his lips pursed into a thin line, Mew stood up from his seat and opened his door. “What?”

“What? What is this?” Gulf lifted his color stained clothes in front of Mew.

“What’s that? It’s your clothes.”

“I know! But why is it like this? Why does my white shirt turned into a rainbow shirt?” He asked. “Not only this. Other clothes in white were turning into rainbow as well. What did you do?”

“I just washed them.”

“Did you even separate the white clothes from the colored ones?”

“Oh? Do I need to separate them?”

“What?” Gulf muttered breathlessly.

“I didn’t separate them. You didn’t tell me about it.”

Gulf was unable to utter any words. He just wanted to strangle his husband until he couldn’t breathe anymore. He was totally devastated. His husband knew nothing about household chores. Now, he really regretted marrying Mew. He might die before they could even get divorce.