Fantasy To Reality

The Last Wish

"This is Mrs. Jirawat's last will." Mr. Jainukul said as he laid a white folder on the table.

He was at the Traipipattanapong residence to discuss to the family about the will of the elder who had just passed away. The whole family was there since their presence was needed. Gulf, Fluke, and their parents were sitting on the couch across Mr. Jainukul. And their eyes suddenly shifted to the document placed on the table.

"You may open it." He softly said and Gulf's mother obliged. "Mrs. Jirawat didn't state any conditions before obtaining her possessions, actually. Everything is transferred to your name, Mr. and Mrs. Traipipattanapong. For her shop, she left it to Gulf and Fluke."

Knowing that their grandmother had left her shop to them, the two widened their eyes. Their grandmother has an ice cream shop and that shop was really precious to her.

"She left it to us?" Fluke muttered.

"Yes Fluke, she did."

"That shop was really important to her."

"You are also important to her, that's why she transferred that shop under your names. She knew that you guys are good enough to continue that business."

"But..." Mr. Jainukul suddenly paused and his facial expression changed as well, but not into a bad one though. "Despite of not stating any conditions, there's one wish that she made. And she's hoping that Gulf could fulfill it for her."

"M-Me?"

"Yes, Gulf. You."

"What is it Mr. Jainukul? What was my mother's wish?"

"Well, I wasn't surprised when I heard this from her. In my years of being a lawyer, I've encountered this kind of condition as well. But I wasn't expecting for this thing to exist in today's generation." He stated. "It was written at the last part, an arrange marriage. Mrs. Jirawat wanted Gulf to marry the grandchild of her best friend."

"Wait, what? Marry?" Gulf reacted right after Mr. Jainakul unveiled his grandmother's wish. "Me? Why me?"

"Because you're my first child." It was Gulf's mother. Her eyes were glued to the paper that she was holding as she answered Gulf's question. "She wanted you to marry the first grandchild of her best friend. Mother used to tell me about her. Her name is Natty, but that's all I know."

"Where can we find this best friend of my wife's mother?" Gulf's father finally asked.

"Mrs. Jirawat gave me information about this person and I was able to locate her just this week. But unfortunately, she died ten years ago. While searching, I found out that her lawyer was my university friend and he told me that Mrs. Yaemna, Mrs. Jirawat's best friend, also wrote this on her last will. Both of them have the same wishes in which we concluded that the two of them had agreed in marrying their first grandchildren."

"So, who is this grandchild of my grandma's best friend?" Fluke then asked. "Did she know about this already?"

"Not yet, Fluke. The daughter of Mrs. Yaemna already knew about her mother's wish, but they didn't have any information about your grandmother."

"But now that we already found them..."

"Now that we found them, we need to meet their family and talk about the marriage." Gulf's mother completed her son's statement.

"But what if I don't want?"

And they all turned silent with Gulf's question and just stared at him. If they were in his shoes, they would also freak out and refuse the sudden marriage. They all understood what he felt. But it was their grandmother's wish and she's hoping for it to be granted as well.

 

 

 

In just a few days, Mew started to adapt the environment at the hospital. He had just started, but he's almost familiar around the place. Everything was just smooth and easy for him since the staff at the hospital were really friendly. Well, especially Jennie, the head nurse assigned at the information, she was energetic, cheerful, funny, friendly, and totally clingy to handsome doctors and nurses. But Mew didn't mind it that much. He found Jennie as a happy pill at the hospital since she always made everyone laugh and smile.

Ohm and Mew were always together at the hospital. They were both having their training there and were also under the supervision of Ohm's father. Ohm was at the hospital a year ahead compare to Mew as he started his training the previous year when Mew was still in abroad, completing another training before flying back to Bangkok. Since they were both on the same page, they helped each other in almost everything.

"I'll just have your prescription ready. You can wait outside and the nurse will give it to you." Mew told his patient in his soft voice and with a smile on his face.

The patient then nodded her head and thanked Mew before leaving his office. As soon as his patient went out, Mew then leaned his back against his swivel chair. He had a lot of patients that he forgot taking his afternoon break. He looked at his wristwatch and saw that it was past 5 pm already which means that his shift has finally ended.

He immediately cleaned his desk and stood up. Mew was hanging his white gown behind his chair when the door opened. He lifted his head, and found that it was his cousin, Ohm. A breath of relief came out from his mouth after knowing that it wasn't another patient and it's just his cousin.

"Oh, I thought a new patient just came in." Mew stated, earning a laugh from Ohm.

"Why? Are you tired already?"

"Not really. Mom just asked me to come home because there's something that she wanted to discuss."

"Ohh~ I see."

"How about you, Ohm? Isn't your shift already over?"

Ohm shook his head. "No, I still have an hour left. I came late today, so dad gave me a punishment."

"That's why you shouldn't play games late at night." Mew teased his cousin, he knew how much Ohm loved playing games.

"I didn't actually." Ohm strongly disagreed Mew's accusation. "I was on the phone last night."

"Hmm~ flirting with some girls again?"

"I was just talking to someone, not flirting."

"Whatever. It's just the same."

"It's different. But... nevermind. A person like you, who's not interested in dating will never understand, so I won't explain it."

"Where did you get that?"

"Eye said."

Mew snorted. He grabbed his car keys and bag and left the office with Ohm following him from behind. "Dating is really complicated. It will just give me a headache, so I don't like it." He tapped Ohm's shoulder and said. "Sleep early tonight, so that you won't get another punishment tomorrow. Bye! See you."

 

 

 

 

Once they had finished having their dinner, Mew and his whole family gathered at the living room where they're going to discuss something that Mew's mother had told him a while ago.

Mew's mother came at the living room with papers on her hand. She sat beside her husband while their children were sitting across them. She then placed the papers on the coffee table. The three followed her action with their gaze and read the papers as their grandmother's last will and testament.

"Grandma's last will?" Mew softly muttered.

"Why do we have grandma's last will papers here?" Eye asked in confusion.

"Because this is what we're going to talk about." Their father answered.

"Does it have something to do with us?"

"To Eye, no. But to you, Mew, it does." Their mother said. "After mother died, the lawyer talked to us about this. What was written in here, it's only your father and I know. Back then, you guys were too young to know about this so we kept it to ourselves."

"This morning, I received a call from our lawyer and he told me that someone claimed to have the same wish with what your grandma had written on her will."

"Same wish?" Eye and Mew said in unison.

"Yes. Your grandmother had a best friend back then, but I couldn't remember her name. They were really close when they were still young. But their responsibility for their family was the reason why they got separated. Mother had always wanted to find and see her, but we didn't have information about her whereabouts. Knowing that she couldn't live any longer, mother wrote her will and she also wrote the promise that they both made to each other."

Instead of telling her children about the promise that their grandmother had made with her best friend, she took the papers from the table and flipped it to the last page. Mew and Eye's mother glanced at her husband before giving the papers to their children after earning a nod from him.

The two of them glued their eyes on their children's face as they were waiting on how would the two react on what was written on their grandmother's will. Then, Eye suddenly brought her hand to her face as she covered in shock.

"Mom, is this true?" She asked.

"Yes, Eye. Your grandma's wish was for your brother to marry the first grandchild of her best friend."

In contrast to Eye, Mew was also shocked after reading the will but he stayed calm. He shifted his gaze to his parents and placed the papers back on the table.

"No, I won't marry anyone." He plainly said. "I haven't even met that person."

"That's why we're telling you, it's because we're going to meet them to discuss about this." His father said.

"I'm busy. I have a lot of things to do at the hospital." Mew stood up from his seat and said. "I'm tired, I'll take a rest now. Goodnight."

Without waiting for their response, Mew left them at the living room and went to his room upstairs. When he got inside his room, he just stood at the door step as he thought about what his mother said.

You need to marry the grandchild of your grandma's best friend.

He suddenly thought about the boy that he saw at the hospital. It has been weeks since the last time Mew saw him, but he couldn't get that boy out of his mind. He was thinking about him and searching for him as well. He's even hoping to see that boy at the hospital again, but days had passed already and still there's no sign of that boy.

 

 

 

 

The wish that Gulf's grandmother had written on her will wouldn't get out from his mind. Gulf had been thinking about it the whole day that he couldn't even start the short presentation that his manager asked him to make. His grandma never gave him a heads up about this arrange marriage thing. For him, everything was just too sudden.

Gulf was sitting on the bed, holding his phone, and was spacing out. He just got back to his senses when he heard a series of knocks on his door.

The door slowly opened, revealing his mother who cutely peeked her head inside Gulf's room. "Hi..."

"Mom?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, sure. Come in."

After receiving a permission from her son, she got inside Gulf's room and approached him. She sat on the bed, beside Gulf and she looked at him.

"Do you need something, mom?"

"Not really. I just want to talk to you about what happened this morning with Mr. Jainukul."

He showed his mother a small and sad smile. He didn't say anything and just stayed silent, waiting for his mother to tell him everything what she wanted to say.

"My son, I'm sorry."

Hearing his mother apologizing to him, made him frowned. "Why are you apologizing?"

"I'm sorry if you have to go all through this. Like, you have to marry someone whom you don't know or even meet for once."

"It's not your fault, mom. And I'm not angry at grandma for wishing this as well. I just think that... she and her best friend had such a great and strong friendship, that grandma entrusted me to them."

She may not know a lot of things about the friendship of her mother and her best friend, but she knew how much her mother treasure her and their friendship. "Yeah, they were."

"Honestly, I was shocked and I didn't know how to react or what to do after knowing that I was already set to marry someone. I've never thought that one day, I'm going to wake up with a fact that I'm... getting married."

"Gulf..." She held her son's hand. "If you don't want, we can still refuse to it. I'm sure your grandmother would understand."

"It's grandma's wish, mom. And I will fulfill it." Gulf said, full of determination in his voice. "That's the only thing that I can do for her, to repay all the love that she poured to me and Fluke."

She was so proud of her son for keeping a positive mind about that matter. Gulf maybe a naughty and stubborn kid, but when it's all about his family, he's willing to do everything for them. "Come here."

Gulf's mother motioned her son to scoot closer in which Gulf obliged then she gently pulled her son for a hug.

"Thank you." She mumbled while caressing her son's back.

Gulf nodded his head and smile as he enjoyed his mother's embrace. He maybe smiling outside but deep inside him, he's not really sure about accepting it. He's still in the midst of completing his internship for him to graduate from university and marriage, it's totally a whole new thing for him.

 

 

 

"Hi, one ice americano please." Ohm said with a smile as he stood at the counter of a cafe near the hospital.

"Name sir?"

"Ohm."

"Okay."

He then handed his payment to the cashier and moved to the waiting area after receiving his change.

"One ice americano for ---"

"That's mine, thank you." Ohm said without waiting for the bartender to finish her statement. He grabbed the drink from the counter but stopped when someone else held that drink as well.

When Ohm lifted his head to look at the owner of the hand that held his drink, he saw a cute boy who seemed like a university student base on the uniform that he was wearing.

"This is my drink." The boy claimed while holding the drink.

"No, this is mine." Ohm insisted as he was also holding the drink as well.

"No, I ordered this one."

"I ordered this one also."

"I was the one who ordered this first."

"Who cares? I'm in a hurry."

The two were bickering at the waiting area. They kept on pulling the drink to their side and not letting it go. Until the other bartender placed a new drink in front of them which caught their attention and they both looked at the staff.

"This is your drink, sir." The bartender said to Ohm. "The one that you're holding is actually not yours."

After knowing that the drink that he was holding wasn't really for him, he looked at the drink and saw someone else's name written on the cup.

"Fluke?"

"Yes, that's me. So this is my drink." Fluke annoyingly said and he snatched the drink from Ohm. He rolled his eyes at Ohm before he went back to his table.

On the other hand, Ohm couldn't utter any words as he was embarrassed for what he did. He smiled awkwardly at the staff before grabbing his drink, apologized, and hastily left the place.

Fluke followed the man who almost snatched his drink with his gaze and he shook his head after seeing him quickly left the cafe without even apologizing to him.

"Really in a hurry." Fluke mumbled before he focused his attention back to his textbook.

 

 

 

 

A few days after his talk with his family, Mew never spoke to them, afraid that they would open up to him about the arrange marriage. His way of avoiding them was to leave the house early and come back home late. After his shift, Mew would just stay at his office until late at night.

Mew came at the hospital an hour before his shift, he was greeted by the staff at the hospital especially by the head nurse at the information.

"Good morning, Doctor Mew~" Jennie cheerfully greeted him.

"Hi, good morning nurse Jennie."

"It seems like you want to receive the most punctual award by the end of this year." She joked. "You always arrive here an hour earlier."

He smiled. "Oh well, I'll be glad to receive that award."

"Oyyy~ you look so handsome when you smile."

"Really, thank you."

"Of course, you're always welcome. I think I'm taking much of your time now, Doctor. See you around and wishing you to have a wonderful day."

"You too. Have a good day, nurse Jennie."

When Mew's short conversation with Jennie has ended. He then went to his office and spend the whole one hour there. He busied himself by working on with his computer until his shift started.

Mew's day started smoothly and he's hoping for it to continue until the end of his shift. But not until he received his mother's text message, telling him that she wanted to have a talk with her son and she's asking him to come home early if it's possible.

Since then, Mew kept thinking about his parents, his late grandmother, and her will. He couldn't focus on his job that he almost made a mistake in diagnosing a patient. Mew took a break after attending all of his patients. He went to the resting area to take a short nap and to think about the things that were bothering him. But when he entered the resting area, he saw his cousin, Ohm, sleeping on one of the beds while covering his face with a magazine.

Mew let out a sigh, and just entered the room anyways. He sat on a chair then lifted his hand, and slammed it on the table with a very loud bang and it did wake up Ohm. He got startled that he immediately removed the magazine from his face and sat on the bed afterwards. He looked around to find the cause of the loud noise, but he was greeted by Mew's appearance at the table.

Realizing that it was actually Mew who made the noise, Ohm pursed his lips in annoyance. He's trying to restrain himself from killing his cousin for waking him up from his peaceful sleep.

"What the hell, P'Mew? I was trying to take a nap here." Ohm complained.

"Isn't it your break already over? Why are you still here?"

"1 minute. I still have 1 minute." Ohm lied down on the bed once again, covered his face with the magazine.

He shook his head at his cousin's silliness before grabbing a newspaper that was piled together with the magazines on the table. "Ohm?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You really don't want to stop bothering me from my sleep, huh? Okay, go ahead."

"Do you think... arrange marriage still exist nowadays?"

"Arrange marriage?" Confused at his cousin's question, Ohm gave up the idea of taking a nap for a minute. He sat up on the bed and placed the magazine back on the table before facing Mew who's eyes were stuck on the newspaper. "I think they still exist, but not really that common. Usually, for rich families they do that."

"If your parents arrange you to marry someone you don't know, what will you do?"

Ohm frowned as he think of an answer to that question. "It's a big no, of course. I have the right to choose the person whom I want to be with until the end."

"But..." Ohm continued. "It actually depends."

And that statement made Mew to look at his cousin. "What do you mean it depends?"

"There are lots of reasons why arrange marriage happens. Some do this for business, some people just wanted to protect their wealth, or both families are friends so they want their children to be together, and more."

"Their families are friends?"

Ohm nodded. "It's their way of keeping the connection between the two familes."

"Ohh~ I see."

"Why? Why did you ask?"

"Nothing. Just asking." Mew continued flipping the pages of the newspaper.

"Eyy~ You're watching too much drama with your sister, right?" Ohm snorted. "I know that. I sometimes watch with her when I visit your house."

"I don't watch with her." Mew sighed as he closed the newspaper and looked at his cousin who's smiling at him. "How many minutes you've left?"

"One minute."

"Yes and then why you're still here? You think one minute is that long?"

"!" Ohm cussed as soon as he took a glimpse of the clock hanging inside the room. "I'm going back to my office now, see you Pi!" He stood up from the bed, grabbed his long white gown, and wore it before he quickly left the room.

After Ohm left, Mew was left inside the resting area all alone. He was thinking about Ohm's answers to his questions. He knew that he couldn't avoid his family for the rest of his life, so he's trying to enlighten himself about what was happening.

 

 

 

 

Unlike the other days, Mew went home early right after his shift ended. He couldn't afford to avoid his family for a long time and closed his ears about something that he's involved. And so he finally decided to face them.

When he arrived home, his family were having their dinner already and he accidentally overheard their conversation.

"Our lawyer called regarding our meeting with the other family." Mew's mother opened up when her husband asked about the current information regarding Mrs. Yaemna's request on her will.

"Are you going to meet them, mom?" Eye asked. "But, how about P'Mew?"

"Yes, we'll meet them and discuss about it." Her father answered. "We need to know about the decision of the other party."

"Will P'Mew go and meet them as well?"

"Your brother won't go, Eye." She sadly declared. "He's not even showing his interest or concern about this matter. But it's okay, I understand him."

"When is it? I'll go." Mew butted into their conversation which made all of them to get startled at his sudden appearance.

"P'Mew?"

"You're early today." His father commented.

"There's nothing much to do at the hospital, so I went home."

"Ahh, really? You haven't taken your dinner, right? Join us here." His mother suggested and called their helper to bring another set of plate with spoon and fork.

Without any words, Mew obliged and sat on his chair as he was indeed hungry as well. His mother served him the dishes while his father just stared at him, waiting for the right time to speak.

"Hmmm, son, about the meet up, you don't really have to push yourself. It's okay if you don't go." Mew's mother said in which her husband raised his brows at her. She did the same thing as well, raising her brows at him and cueing her husband to just stay silent and let her do the talking to their son.

While their parents were silently bickering at each other, Eye was just watching them. She rolled her eyes at her parents and continue eating her food.

"I will go." Mew declared while stuffing some food in his mouth.

"Ohh~ Pi, what made you change your mind? Just a few days ago, you were kind of furious after knowing that arrange marriage of yours."

"Just. No reason." He coldly answer and the three could say that Mew was just forcing himself into it.

 

 

The meeting of two families was much awaited by the two parties, they're set to meet at 6 in the evening at a restaurant reserved by Mew's family. Both of their parents were on their way to the meeting place, but Mew and Gulf were still stuck at their working place.

After Mew's shift, he cleaned his desk right away and ready to leave going straight to the restaurant where his parents were waiting for him, when Ohm's father knocked on his door.

"Mew..."

"Yes, uncle. Do you need something?"

Ohm's father looked at Mew for a while, staring at him who's already taking off his long gown. "Are you leaving now? There are some things that I want to discuss with you."

Upon hearing his uncle's statement  Mew slowly wore his gown back. "No, not really. I still have time. What is it all about uncle?"

"It's about the patients that I talked to you before." He said as he make way towards the chair in front of Mew's desk and sit on it before he placed the patients' records on the desk.

If Mew got stuck at the hospital because of Ohm's father, on the other hand, Gulf was also stuck at the company as there were lots of things to do for the regular employees. Since Gulf is a kind-hearted person who likes helping the others, he lend them a hand.

Employees were thankful with the interns who stayed their and helped them even though their shift was over already. When they were almost done, the employees asked the interns to just leave and they thanked them for helping.

Gulf changed into his casual clothes right away and leave. He headed to the parking area where he parked his motorbike, and as soon as he was done putting on his helmet, he left the building and went straight to the restaurant.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Fluke and his parents were already in front of the restaurant but they didn't want to get inside without their son, Gulf, and so they just waited for him outside the establishment.

"It's already past 6, where's Gulf now?" Gulf's father asked after taking a glance of his wristwatch.

"I even thought that we would come here together, but then he texted me that he still has something to do at the office. So I have to come here all alone and meet you." Fluke was sulking over his older brother for breaking his of coming to the restaurant together.

Right after Fluke let out his disappointment to his brother. Their mother's phone suddenly beeped, and her face lightened up when she saw the name of the sender. "Gulf sent a message."

"Really, honey? What did he say?"

"He said that he's on his way and he's asking us not to wait for him and just get inside."

"Well then let's get inside now." Fluke said as he left his parents and walked towards the entrance of the place. "I'm really hungry."

As Fluke entered the establishment, his parents just followed him. Fluke informed the staff that they had a reservation under their name and the staff led them into one of the VIP rooms there. They were quite amazed of the other family as they really reserved a VIP room instead of just only a table. Thinking about it, they could really say that they came from a wealthy family.

The staff who led them to their room, stopped and pointed the room in front them, telling the three that they had arrived already. After thanking the staff, they glanced at each other before they knocked and open the door of the VIP room. In there, they saw three people, they were Mew's parents and Eye.

"Hi, I'm sorry we were late." Gulf's mother greeted Mew's parents with an apology as soon as they entered the room.

"Oh no, it's okay." Mew's mother stated with a smile.

"Please be seated." Her husband added.

"Thank you." She muttered before she and her family sat on their chair.

"We haven't ordered anything yet." It was Mew's mother again, and she handed the menu to Gulf's parents. "Please choose some dishes that you want. You can choose anything."

"Yes, thank you." Fluke grabbed the menu as soon as it was passed to them.

Mew's mother smiled while looking at Fluke as he took the menu and scanned it right away. Then, she shifted her attention at Fluke's parents. "Are you the eldest daughter of Mrs. Yaemna, my mother's best friend?"

"Yes, I'm Preaw. I'm actually her one and only daughter."

"Oh, really? I thought you have any siblings. My mother thought the same thing as well."

"Unfortunately, my mother didn't want to give birth anymore after having me."

"I see. Your mother and mine were really best friends. She also said the same thing. Like, having me was already enough for her. So, just like you, I'm also an only child."

They both chuckled. Then, she introduced her family to the other. "By the way, I haven't introduced my family to you. This is my husband, Jao, and this is my son, Fluke."

"Ohh~ Nice meeting you all. I'm Natthida. This is my husband, Ford, and my daughter, Eye."

"You have such a beautiful daughter." Praew, Gulf's mother commented and her husband nodded his head in agreement.

Eye smiled at them, feeling happy with the compliment that she received.

"Your son also. He looks so adorable." Natthida commented, she and her husband stared at Fluke who's busy flipping the pages of the menu and when he was already done. Mew's father asked him.

"It seems like, you have a lot of food on your mind. Do you want us to order now?"

Fluke was shy after he was asked, but he knew that he couldn't hold his hunger anymore and so he slowly nodded his head. A simple nod was already an adorable action for Mew's parents. Once Fluke nodded, Mew's father, Ford, pressed the bell right away to get a staff to come in their room and take their order.

When their order was succesfully taken, they were asked to wait for a few minutes for their food to be served. And while waiting, each family knew that it was already the right time to open up about the wishes of their late ancestors. It was Gulf's mother who opened up first.

"My mother died a few weeks ago. She never told any of us about her will, and so I was surprised when our lawyer called us for a meeting and we got this wish that my mother had written."

"I am sorry to hear about what happened to your mother." Natthida sadly stated. "In my case, my mother died 10 years ago. We've known about this arrange marriage wish a long time ago, but we didn't have much information about your mother and her family that's why we couldn't do anything to fulfill that wish. But now, we were so glad that you have found us."

"I am also." Praew looked at Eye then she continued. "I am a bit worried to my son, because I wanted him to find a great person to be with him. Now that I saw the person that he's going to get married with, I am relieved. When I saw Eye after we entered, I know that she would be a good wife to my son."

Gulf's mother's statement shocked Eye that she turned her head to her parents and looked at them with wide eyes. Then Eye's mother smiled awkwardly and tried to clear the misunderstanding.

"Ahm, Praew, the one who's getting married with Fluke is not Eye."

"Eye is our second child." Eye's father jumped into the conversation. "I remembered that it's the first child and not the second one, right?"

The situation was slowly becoming messy as the two families thought that Eye and Fluke were the ones who's getting married. Fluke's mother frowned when they mentioned that Fluke was the one who's getting married.

"Fluke... is also our second child and he's not the one who's getting married." Fluke's father informed them.

"N-Not Fluke?" Eye muttered.

"If not him, then... who?"

And just after Eye's mother asked that big question, the door suddenly swift open and it wasn't the staff who came to serve their order, it was Gulf.

"Hello, I'm sorry I've just arrived now." Gulf was panting and sweating as he greeted the people inside the room.

"Aw! Gulf, my son. You're finally here." His mother exclaimed in happiness. "Come, sit here."

Meanwhile, Mew's family wasn't able to utter any words other than welcoming him and giving him a warm smile after his arrival. The three, Ford, Natthida, and Eye, were following Gulf with their gaze until he sat on an empty chair beside his mother.

"This is my son, Gulf." Praew introduced her son to everyone. "He is my eldest son."

And the Jongcheveevat family was completely speechless with the revelation. Not long after that, the door opened once again and this time, Mew entered the room and they all looked at him, excluding Gulf.

"Son..."

"I'm sorry I'm late, mom." He quickly apologized, then he looked at the people across his parents and bowed at them. "Nice meeting you all. I apologize for arriving here late."

As Mew was bowing and apologizing, Gulf turned to look at him and when Mew raised his head, their eyes met.

"You?!" They exclaimed in unison. Both of them widened their eyes and pointed their finger to each other.

"Y-you guys know each other?" Mew's mother asked.

"Gulf, do you know him?" His father asked as well.

"Yes, he's the reason why I arrived here late dad."

"Hey~" Mew insisted. "How many times do I have to tell you that it was your fault and not mine?"

"Wow~ You're unbelievable. You're the one who's driving here like a drunk person."

"Why is it only me? You were also driving your motorbike like you're in a race."

"Okay, stop it now Mew." His mother tried to stop him from arguing with Gulf.

"But mom..."

"How can you get married to each other when you're fighting on your first day of meeting?" Mew's father confidently dropped that fact.

Upon hearing that statement from Mew's father, the two turned silent before looking at their parents. They were confused. But before they could explain them everything, they asked their children to calm down and sat on their chair.

They ordered food, and while waiting, they were all silent. Mew and Gulf were busy frowning as they tried to sink in the information that Mew's father had revealed.

Mew and Gulf's face wasn't happy at all, both of them had their brows contracted in disapproval. If what they've just heard were true, then they're doomed.

Mew's mother, Natthida, laid some documents on the table and Gulf's mother followed as well. The documents that they had laid on the table were their mothers' last will.

Before speaking, Natthida looked around only to find Gulf's mother giving her an encouraging smile because what they were about to tell something that may cause confusion and disapproval from her son, Mew, and even Gulf.

"These papers laid on the table are your grandmothers' last will and testament and we all know that you guys already knew what was written inside." Natthida said.

"That I have to marry the first grandchild of grandmother's best friend?" Mew butted in before taking a quick glance at Gulf. "Which turned out to be this guy."

"Mew..."

"Come on, mom. How should I get married with a... guy?"

"I-isn't it legal now?" Fluke asked after raising his hand to get their attention.

"Oh, I agree! I saw lots of people getting married with the same gender." Eye agreed with Fluke's statement.

They were such supportive siblings and because of that, Eye and Fluke received a death glare from their brothers.

"We may not know why your grandmothers' wanted you two to get married and we may considered this such a nonsense wish from them, but we should remember that this is the most important thing written on their will." Gulf's father said reminding not just only the two, but also to all of themselves.

In the midst of Jao's statement, Fluke suddenly grabbed their grandmother's will. He looked at it and tried to read everything, especially the part where she wrote her wish. Then, he grabbed Mew's grandmother's will and read it as well. He was amazed at how similar their wish, even the details of it.

"This is the most important thing that both of them had written and let's just respect it, atleast." Mew's father added, earning a nod from his wife and Gulf's mother.

"It's really important that even the way they constructed their wish was also similar as well as the details." Fluke commented after reading the will. "My grandmother, Pranee, and her best friend, Ms. Nittaya had written that if their grand children disagreed about their wish, they can get divorce after a year. So, if you don't want to be with my brother, you can divorce him."

Mew frowned at Fluke. "Is it written in there?"

"Yes, it is. And we were supposed to discuss about that after you and Gulf give your decisions." Praew awkwardly said, then she looked at her son, Fluke and whispered. "Fluke, put the papers back on the table."

With an annoyed look on his face, Fluke placed the papers back on the table. Meanwhile, Eye tightly furrowed her brows after hearing what Fluke said a while ago. He mentioned two names that were familiar to him.

"Excuse me, Fluke, you mentioned your grandmother's name. What was her name again?"

"Ohh~ Her name is Pranee. Why?"

"Pranee?"

"Yes, you can look at her will."

And that's how Eye grabbed the two papers from the table. She looked at the papers and flipped them to the next pages. The names Pranee and Nittaya were really familiar to her, not only that, but also the details of their will. It's like she already saw those things.

"Eye?" Her mother called after her daughter displayed a strange attitude that made them all confuse. "Is there any problem?"

"Ahm... N-no, everything's fine." Eye answered with a fake smile before putting the papers back on the table. And at the same time, the staff entered their room bringing the food that they ordered.

From Eye, they all shifted their attention to the mouthwatering food laid on the table in front of them. And as soon as the staff left after placing all the food, a short thanksgiving prayer was made before they all dug into the food.

 

 

The two families got to know each other while having their sumptuous dinner at the restaurant. While Mew and Gulf's parents became closer, the two were opposite from it. They continued bickering to each other even while they were eating.

In the end, the two expressed their feeling about the said arrange marriage. Both Mew and Gulf were willing to accept it, but after meeting each other they were both skeptical. While saying this, Mew and Gulf became furious to each other that they almost fight. Thankfully, their parents were there to stop them. Seeing how their sons treated each other, forcing them to get married right away would just start a war. So they decided to give the two some time to fully accept not only their marriage, but also they need to accept each other.

Once they arrived home, Eye immediately ran going to her room. After finding out her grandmother's real name and Gulf's grandmother's, she wanted to go home right away and check her computer. She was so certain that she used the name Pranee and Nittaya in one of her novels.

When she got inside her room, she ran to her computer and turned it on. Tapping her fingers on the desk as she waited. Once it was ready to use, she opened a folder where she kept the draft of her stories and clicked her latest fiction story. She looked at the list of the characters and saw the names that she was looking for, Pranee and Nittaya.

Pranee Natanarak and Nittaya Suchinda were the names Eye used in her novel while Nittaya Jirawat and Pranee Yaemna were the real names of her grandmother and Gulf's. Eye was lost for words. She only knew her grandmother's nickname, Natty and she didn't have any idea that the name that she was using in her novel was her grandmother's.

It made Eye think about something. Her brother suddenly involved in an arrange marriage to a man, the names of their grandmothers, and the will of their grandmother that was strangely familiar to her, all of them made her think that it was like a plot of a story.

To clear her mind about the content of the will that she read at the restaurant, Eye scanned some chapters of her novel as she was searching for the will that she had written. And when she finally found it, Eye's heart skipped a beat and she held her breath. The will that she had written for her novel and the will that she read, everything was totally the same except for the last name of their grandmothers and the lawyer's name.

Her novel was happening to her brother. She shook her head, trying to tell herself that it wasn't true, that it was just a coincidence. But when she ran her gaze through the words written on her computer screen, it was also the same as to what happened on that day.

"Chapter three? We're in the third chapter now?"

But it wasn't enough as a proof for her to believe that her story became real. She scrolled her story up and went to the very first page where she wrote the summary of her story. Eye's latest fiction story was a boys love story. It was a story about the two boys, Yin and War, who were set to marry each other because of their grandmothers' wish that was written on their will. And yes, it was really the same as to what was happening to Mew.

Eye dropped her hands on her side and leaned her back on the chair. She couldn't believe what she have found out. She then started questioning on why it happened. Why her novel was happening to her brother? And that's how she remembered her wish at the trimurti shrine.

"I'm here to pray for my brother. I want him to find someone that will love him for who he is. I hope that he could have a romantic love story just like the stories I've written."