끝 : REVIEWS.

  끝 : IT'S NOT GOODBYE.  open.
reviews
welcome to the reviews! you can find your review by scrolling left on the text box right beside this. all the pictures should be linked to the original application if you're interested in seeing the person's app. i will try to be as detailed with each review as possible! if you want to answer any questions regarding your oc, feel free to comment, dm me or edit it in the app itself! 

the statuses used will be the standard ones: chosen, accepted, pending, reviewing and rejected.  
iapetus01
callisto04
phobos02
hyperion01
telesto00
 
 
 
mary kwon
hyperion • reviewing
hello cho!! thank you for reapplying with mary! her review will be out soon <3
john michael kwon
callisto • pending
hello cherry!! thank you for applying! i'm so honoured that this is your first application after your break! and let's start,, i'll also be referring to him as john throughout the review! i hope thats okay with you ;;

his basics all seem fine to me and i have no problem with them at all! all his nicknames are really cute and hoshi blond hair.. is such a good look for him.

after reading his personality, i feel like john has such a boy-next-door type of feel... it feels like he always has everyone's best interest at heart! i noticed some inconsistencies in his personality section so i do have some questions! it feels like john reacts very intensely to setbacks and failures but he picks himself back just as quickly. how is he able to quickly get back on his feet and reconcile these feelings of anger and sadness so fast? it's mentioned that has anger issues but at the same time doesn't get angry... i'm just wondering how that would work, hence the question above as well! also, how does he deal with this shame that he has of habouring feelings of anger and why does he perceive this emotion so negatively? i think if we unpack some of this questions, i can understand more about john and his perspective towards the world!

i have some questions about his background question! you mentioned that he has an older sister but she wasn't listed in his relationship section. this older sister wasn't mentioned throughout the background section too, so what exactly happened to her? would you envision her as someone important to his story should he be chosen? i also just want to clarify when exactly the family moved to the philippines! john was born in busan so when exactly did he have to move? also i'm not sure if my math is right but you mentioned that he moved to new york when he was 8, meaning that he moved to new york in 2004 but in cho's background section, mary was 6 when she moved to new york which would mean it was 2005 when she moved. so when exactly did their family move to new york? it would be useful if there was some sort of timeline since the kwon siblings did move quite a few times! while the story of how they got scouted seems quite reasonable, sunrise entertainment does not have enough money to actually fly their casting agents overseas and host global auditions. as mentioned in the cheatsheet, their too new and too small to do such things as it's not very cost-effective when they could do the same thing domestically!

as for his lifestyle section, i think it is highly impossible for pledis to offer him to re-debut with seventeen. they've been around for 6 years now and it is it just doesn't feel realistic that they would add in another member when that isn't seventeen's concept to begin with. that would also cause more problems on the seventeen members' side since they would have to change all their choreographies to fit one more member and their line distribution for live performances would also change to add in lines for john. the group has also developed a relatively large and stable fanbase so adding one more member would definitely cause more harm than good in my opinion... i'm sure pledis and hybe would be well aware of that too. there's a higher chance that pledis would offer to make him become a soloist as compared to allowed him to join seventeen. another suggestion, if you want him to join an existing group, is that it's more likely if he tries to audition for sm to join nct instead since they have an unlimited concept but that's just a suggestion!

i do think that joining another company as a trainee is a very good reason to suddenly disappear from the media altogether and i think that would be something interesting to cover as well. another question i have is: what motivated him to audition for another company? did he hope to re-debut into another group? if so, why? he could also sign with another agency where he could debut as a solo artists immediately as well instead of having to train and hide from the public's eye. i don't quite understand this portion ;; 

aside from the areas concering the above questions, the section on his trainee and idol life looks good to me! he's really such a good natured and sweet individual who would put his friends' safety and comfort before his own :(( haerin would definitely love him a lot... more than she would ever let him know. 
one thing to note is that the company was only established in 2012 and that was when they began accepting trainees! this means that it isn't possible for him to have trained for 4 years under sunrise ent. while the ceo did leave jype in 2010, he didn't immediately start a new company after that...

i really really enjoyed reading his relationship section!! i think it's so interesting to have enemies within a group... or two people who don't get along. since it's a collab i won't comment much! john agreeing to fake date haerin to protect her from obsessive fans who will throw hate at her for dating wonwoo WHILE having a crush on wonwoo too... i'm living for the drama in all this... i think his dynamics with haerin would also be really interesting to write about...

also a quick question before i end this long review! do the other group members/ the public know about his homouality? korea is a very conservative country and i don't think the netizens would be open to accepting an idol from the lgbtq+ community right now. if he did come out to the public, how did they react?

i think the plot you've envisioned for john is really intriguing and it was fun to read about him! i do have some major concerns about his personality, background and lifestyle section that i would like some clarification for! so john would be pending for now. once again, thank you for for taking your time out to apply for this!! 
seo joonwoo
callisto • accepted
hi shino and thank you for applying! 

i think it's very interesing that some nicknames and approved and not approved by him. you don't always get the choose the nicknames people give you, even if they're something you don't like! his style and appearance really suits his vibes too... his basics are all good to me!!

joonwoo reminds of me a silent warrior i think... hardworking to a fault and always feels like he has unfinished business to complete. it seems to me that he prefers to be in the background, but he is still wilful and determined!! how does he deal with this pressure that he puts on himself, though? when things don't go the way he wants it to be does he crumble or is he able to pick himself up in a beat? these aren't really concerns but i am interested in learning more about his behaviours!

his background and lifestyle section is good too! i have no questions or concerns there. joonwoo being a tea set collector feels like such a joonwoo thing to do... i can get behind that. i also think having his sickly grandmother be his inspiration for his interest in the medical field is very sweet of him :((

i really like how the link between his personality section and his experience as an idol are so linked. his hardworking nature made it difficult for him to reject any new opportunities given by the company despite the fact that he wants to spend time with his friends and family. his experiences also feel very realistic and i truly feel very bad for him... my heart hurts... he feels like someone who changed so much because of his occupation but, at the same time, he still feels like the same person.

i have no concerns with his relationship section either! it's interesting that you included his therapist in his relations...

overall, i really enjoyed reading about joonwoo and he is accepted. thank you for applying shino!
andy kim
phobos • accepted
hello kells!! thank you for applying and let's start!!

his basics look good to me! i have no questions or concerns here. a january first baby... we love to see!

his personality section is very short and concise but i am able to picture him as an actual person who could be in the story!! if andy was also a capricorn rising... his natal chart would go viral online lol but we stan a capricorn man anyway! i just want to ask how he's like when his instincts don't always go the way he intends it to be. unlike haerin who's actions are very calculated, andy seems to be more relaxed and a more 'go with the flow' type of guy. so i'm assuming that he reacts to changes in his plans pretty flexibly as well but please correct me if i'm wrong!

i like that his interest in performing stemmed since he was young so it explains his interest in wanting to become an idol! i have no questions or concerns regarding his background and lifestyle section!

everything also seems good with his trainee life and experience as an idol! i think his goals are pretty realistic and his thoughts on going solo are understandable as well! i just have a quick question, would he ever consider going back to the US? you mentioned he'd like to break into the english-speaking media but would that be done while he's in south korea or would he want to go back to his home country?

i also like what you have with his relationship with mary-ann... it's very sweet and it shows that he has a lot of consideration towards her! in his lifestyle section you mentioned he has a friend on set who offered him to join a spot at their new agency. i'm wondering how close they are & if andy's relationship with that friend would be an important part to andy's story now that andy will be in their company. if so, it might be good to include them in andy's relationship section as well!

thank you for applying with andy!! it was nice to read and learn more about him through the app! since i don't have any major concerns with andy, he is accepted.
yoo chungeun
iapetus • accepted
hello gyu!! thank you for applying <3 i really enjoy this colour scheme that you've picked out for chungeun btw... it fits the vibe of the app really well!

his basics look good to me!! i have no concerns here. 

a chaotic evil character is very interesting for this plotline... chungeun is able to control how he appears in front of the camera and that is clearly very different from how he is off camera. i think this really suits the "you never actually know how your idols are in real life" really well. the first paragraph on-camera persona kinda reminds me of yoon jeonghan from svt. someone who adores their members, is dependable and knows how to outsmart others. i think his personality section is well written! there's something that's just very compelling about chungeun... he feels like someone who is deeply insecure about himself and doesn't know how to reconcile that within himself so he controls the world around him in hopes to give him some sort of advantage (?) over the people he knows...

in his background section you covered his intentions of becoming an idol and while they are morally questionable, it just fits him and his personality quite well. what were his thoughts on taking over his father's company and why does it seem like chungeun has no interest in taking over it at all despite all the power and money it'd give him? and does he ever plan on taking over the company now that he's not with sunrise ent anymore? 

him being an anti-masker and anti-vaxxer... i'm truly crying HAHAH south korea has made it compulsory for everyone to wear masks in public places but i'm sure he's taking that off the moment he enters a car or someone else's home. i also changed his picture because he's an anti-masker...

i think it's very interesting that one of his goals is that s are happy. he really does seem to care about them a lot but doesn't always know how to show it to them. i do have one question about his goals: is he entirely leaving the idol world behind in favour of partying and having fun? it seems like he still wants to improve his talents and prove to the world that he deserves the same popularity s did. but is he doing anything about it or do you envision that he will ever do something about it? 

his relationship with haerin is also an interesting one... i think haerin would both be very cautious of him and at the same time be very defensive of him too.. she would probably be the member who'd remind others that chungeun is just looking out for them whenever he gets too overbearing for everyone's liking. also, this isn't really a concern but is he popular among other idols? he seems to be throwing parties a lot and seems to present himself as quite a friendly 

chungeun was a very refreshing read and i agree that he would be quite a fun addition to the group if i do choose him! still, i do need more information about his goals and what he really wants to do once all the fun and games is over. chungeun is pending for now! thank you for applying gyu!!
nasa duangchan
phobos • accepted
hello silvi!! thank you for applying and i'm so sorry this review is so late ;; let's get started with the review!

i really like the short drabble you wrote at the beginning! it gives me a very nice premise as to who nasa is and who she is (possibly) going to be.

her official nickname being nasa is so cute... it reminds me of the national aeronautics and space administration lol but that aside, i think her basic information is good! i have never heard of her fc before but she is so pretty i have hearteyes for her!!!

i listened to the playlist you made while reading the app and i think the vibes fit nasa so well!! there's something about nasa that feels so homely but at the same time there's this feeling of growing up too fast? it reminds me of a coming of age movie that would leave me with an emptiness once i finish watching it... idk how to put this in words ;; but i really do like nasa ,, she feels like somebody that i know irl...

her background section is good too!! it gives me a good understanding of who nasa was! i'm glad nasa is a college grad that's so y of her ,, i think having a non-korean member for this plotline is very interesting!! being thai, her future is definitely not in korea and i think fans can forget that at times. with that, her lifestyle section looks good too! i just have a short question: how long more will she need to finish filming her current drama?

nasa really does seem like an overachiever... the amount of things she wants/ hopes to do pales in comparison to what haerin has set out for herself in this period. she's definitely the type of idol that'd be my bias in a kpop group though... no cap 

it's very interesting that her and haerin are polar opposites. i definitely think they would fight a lot about a lot of things... but i think they're group members who are constantly looking out for each other, even if they don't get along 1000% of the time. the part where the members all agree to clown her once she and chai officially announce their relationship had me crying ,, i guess when you are not with an entertainment company anymore, you're free to do whatever you want!!

i'm so sorry this review is out so late again,, i really like nasa and she is accepted! thank you for applying silvi!
ki heejin
callisto • accepted
hi mimi!! thank you so much for applying <3 let's start the review!!

right from her basics i can see that she's a very powerful character and i do like that! i can picture her as definitely being the confident queen in the group. i just want to ask what her current hair looks like right now. you mentioned that she likes to experiment with her hair colour so what would it be? or there any dreamcatcher era that her hair looks most similar to?

i really appreciate the detail you put into her personality! she gives me bad guy who is secretly a good guy type of vibes that i like to read (also, i want to say that gahyeon pink hair is one of my favourite looks on her)!! i like that her background has a very distinct relationship to her personality! i always believe that your background is who defines who you are today so i'm happy to see that in your app. the process of her becoming an idol and joining the company feels realistic to me and i have no problems with her personality and background section!! her lifestyle section looks good to me too!

also, thank you for providing a very comprehensive list for her trivia section! her disliking musicals feels so on brand for her HAHA anyway,, i'm curious on who her biases are for the kpop groups you listed ,, that is, if she has any lol ,, i really had fun reading her trivia section and i'm also wondering if she reads fanfiction of herself ............


i think she fits this plotline really well! her love for attention and the fact that she did anything to retain it is something that i did envision for this plotline when i was first coming up with it. i also think you captured the struggles of being in a small company pretty well since sunrise ent is really,,, quite controlling... she definitely screams 'the most popular member' in the idol experience section! for heejin's case, i think this 'bullying scandal' that you've written up is pretty unique in that she's being accused of bullying her own members while she's still in the group even though there hasn't been anyone who has stepped forward to say anything. while her members would definitely be used to her personality by now, the netizens would definitely not be receptive to it. this concept of her 'ruining' her own reputation is very interesting to me... i also think that the reason for her sudden disappearance flows very well with her experience as an idol. it wasn't that she was tired of the attention but too much scrutiny was on her + knetz being hypocritical eventually made her doubt herself and shrink away. my thoughts on this section is getting really long so i hope this was understandable ;; but tl;dr, everything is fine with this section as well!

i really like this dynamics you have with heejin and haerin! i think haerin also knows that heejin is someone she can definitely rely on when she feels like she needs someone to lift her spirits up! her relationship with her parents is also unique especially since they don't seem to be very supportive of her career as an idol? i'm also just curious but what do her parents think of jia as an actress? aside from these question, i have no issues with her relationship section!!

thank you for applying with heejin! i really enjoyed reading about her <3 heejin is accepted!
jo haneul
iapetus • reviewing
hello min! thank you for applying! her review will be out soon!!
min jaehyung
callisto • reviewing
hi ren! thank you for applying with jaehyung! your review will be out soon!
name
plotline • status
& the review goes here!

눈앞에 너의 모습을 도망치려 애써 봐도 또다시 마주쳐 우린 네 눈을 피해서 자꾸 움츠려 있어 모든 걸 함께 하고선 초라한 모습만 물고 뜯겨 지친 눈물들이 지겹게 나를 적셔 더는 보기 싫어 차마 미처 감춰지지 않아 억지로 외면해 난 내가 원한 건 이게 아니야 휘청이고 흔들리는 마음 다시 또 나를 만나 텅 빈 저 거울 속 너에게 달리고 또 달려가 홀린 듯 뒤돌아 날 탓해 너는 왜 갖질 못하는 거니 똑같은 표정인데 Run away for me 더는 내게 다가오지 마 불안으로 가득 채우지 나 네 개의 눈동자 그 속의 너와 나 그만 미워해도 돼 모든 게 지긋지긋해 사라져 가는 날 찾고 찾아 아픈 시간들이 끝없이 나를 가둬더는 보기 싫어 차마 미처 감춰지지 않아 억지로 외면해 난 내가 원한 건 이게 아니야 휘청이고 흔들리는 마음 다시 또 나를 만나 텅 빈 저 거울 속 너에게 달리고 또 달려가 홀린 듯 뒤돌아 날 탓해 너는 왜 갖질 못하는 거니 똑같은 표정인데 Run away for me 아무도 없어 여긴 사방이 막혀 돌고 돌아 오직 나만이 널 사랑할 수 있어 텅 빈 저 거울 속 너에게 달리고 또 달려가 홀린 듯 뒤돌아 날 탓해 너는 왜 갖질 못하는 거니 똑같은 표정인데 Run away for me