My First My Last My Everything

Just Desserts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three Days Later

Joseph

 

I arrived in Chicago at seven am on the dot.

I am so exhausted because I did not sleep at all the on the plane.

Normally I would have taken a melatonin and been knocked out, but I was too wired up at the thought of seeing Jayce and Easton again.

I hope she is not angry at me for just showing up.

You never know with her, she could either jump into my arms or slap the snot out of me.

I chuckle thinking about it, either way I am not going to let her run away from me and convince her that we belong together.

Does that sound stalkerish? Maybe but I do not know what else to do.

I know she has feelings for me but if she persists, she does not even after all of this I will have to move on.

As much as I would hate it, I would have no other choice, no means no after all.

I grab my bags and head to get an Uber.

Jonathan said there would be a chance that he had to work overtime so he emailed me his address and where he left his key so I can get into his house.

I luck out and there is a driver waiting right outside the terminal and I arrive at his place in forty- five, minutes.

I open the door and the most delicious smells hit my nose I drop my bags and run inside thinking Jayce is in there cooking.

I follow the smells to kitchen and see Jonathan stirring a pot.

“What’s all this?” I ask coming into the kitchen.

He turns and grins giving me a hug.

“Dude! You made it! I got off an hour ago and I figured you’d be starving so I wanted to make sure you had something hot to eat.”

“How was your flight?”

“Long, man I am exhausted, what you got going over there it smells delicious.” I say peeking over his shoulders at the pots.

“Oh, I made some chicken fried steak with country gravy, scrambled eggs, homemade hash browns, buttermilk waffles and three cheese grits.”

“My guy!” I say slapping his back.

“You out did yourself.”

“Oh, there is some fresh squeezed orange juice, iced coffee and apple streusel coffee cake though I can’t take credit for that, that’s all your girl.”

I raise my eyebrows worriedly.

“Don’t worry bro, I didn’t tell her you were coming, she thinks it is for my monthly breakfast potluck meeting.”

“She usually makes me something to take but I neglected to tell her it was last week, and I that got cinnamon rolls from the grocery store and brought them instead.” He smiles sheepishly.

“Sorry not sorry.” He says grinning and I laugh.

“Good I missed her food.” I pinch and end from the cake and pop it in my mouth.

I close my eyes and moan it is that delicious.

I open my eyes to a smirking Jonathan.

“It’s good huh?” He grins and I nod my head up and down.

“The best.”

“No doubt, hey if you want to shower before you eat head upstairs your bedroom the third door on the right.”

“I figured you’d want your space so I gave the second master to use, it has a full bath and sitting area so you can stretch out.”

“Good looking my guy I am going to take a shower and head back down to eat.”

“Ok I got to get going I have a meeting, but I will be back by noon let me grab your bags really quick.” He says taking my bags running up the stairs two at a time.

I watch him and chuckle it must be nice to still have good knees.

Long days standing in the kitchen on those hard floors has wrecked mine to hades.

I follow behind him and walk into the bedroom.

It is bigger than my whole apartment in Seoul.

I am in awe; I walk into the bathroom and gasp.

“Dude, are you rich or something? I ask and he cracks up laughing.

“Not yet, but I made a few investments in high school that paid off extremely well.”

“What? Wow that’s awesome, so you own this house?”

“Yeah, and I have four rental properties across town.”

“No kidding? That is fantastic and you’re not even thirty yet!” I say impressed.

“Again, I can’t take the credit though, Jayce is my example.”

“She invested some of the money we received when dad died and paid off all her debt, brought mom a car, herself a car, brought their house and set up Easton’s college fund.”

“She has a nice lil nest egg set up for him and her retirement fund is off the charts she has a really good head on her shoulders.

My only issue with her is she never does anything for herself I can’t remember the last time she took an actual vacation.”

“Knowing her she probably considers her time in Korea as a vacation.” He shakes his head.

“So, she is not only very beautiful, she can cook, she is a great mother, daughter and sister, she is also smart and savvy.”

“Not to mention she has a body that just won’t quit.” I say dreamily.

He makes gagging and heaving noises and I chuckle.

“Oh my God I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.” He grabs his chest and pretends to dry heave.

I burst out laughing and he grins.

“Hey, I got to mess with you she is my older sister after all.”

“Of course, of course.”

“Well, I will get out of your hair, don’t forget to be ready by five were heading to her place for dinner at six.”

He claps and rubs his hands together.

“Man, I can’t wait to see her face she is going to flip her lid.”

“As long as she does not flip mine, we are all good.” I say,

“Right, it will be fine trust me she will be more shocked than upset.”

“I hope you are right.”

“I am trust me, now I got to get going for real, I will see you later ok.”

“Don’t forget to eat your food before it gets cold alright.” He says heading out the door.

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about that.” I chuckle.

“See ya later get some rest.”

“Will do have a good day.”

“Alright later.” He heads down the stairs and out the front door.

I sigh missing him already.

I grab my luggage and quickly unpack everything.

I hang my shirts and slacks in the closet and put everything else in drawers.

I leave out some lounge pants and a beater to put on after my shower.

I plug up my phone, tablet, and laptop grabbing my toiletry bag I head to the bathroom.

I wash my face and brush my teeth and hop in the shower.

I make the water as hot as I can stand it and let beat down on my tired muscles.

Forty-five minutes later I am dressed and headed downstairs to eat.

I take a helping of everything and sit at the table and eat.

Everything was delicious and I can feel my eyes getting heavy.

I put the food away wash the dishes and head upstairs to finally sleep.

I grab my phone and check my email to see if there is anything important.

I took a month long leave from work and I am prepared to use every day I am here to convince Jayce that I love her and need her.

I lay down and wait for the sleep that has been alluding me since yesterday.

 

 

Later:

I wake up with a start to banging on the door.

“Yeah, yeah come in.”

“Hey dude you still sleeping, it’s a quarter to four you might wanna get up and wash your before we head to my sister’s house.”

“Oh damn, I grab my phone and look at the time, “I was more tired than I thought I’m heading to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter