Momma Knows Best

Just Desserts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week before Christmas

Jayce

 

I love my mother to death, but she is driving me bananas!!!

How can she be so blinded by a man?

A very handsome man but still!!!

Joseph has her wrapped around his pinky finger and she could care less!!

She thinks he is her son in law!

Can you believe that? We have not even had an official date and she is already planning our wedding!

My brother is even worse! He has been going to the gym with him every night.

You should see the smug way he looks at me when he comes around like he already has the upper hand.

He irks my nerves I swear.

 

They are in the living room having a grand old time, laughing, and cutting up.

I mean I like Joseph do not get me wrong, but this is my mom and brother!

Can I have them to myself for one dang day! Jeeze!

And Easton is a lost cause he already sees Joseph as a part of our family, so he must be included in everything! EVERYTHING!

It’s always “Mom is Joey coming by today? Or that one time when he said.

“Mom when is Joseph coming, I am so bored!

“Well excuse the heck outta me? What am I chopped liver?”

My feelings were too hurt!

He has been here for Thanksgiving and every Sunday the week after that! I mean does not he have a life.

I am feeling smothered and every time he thinks we are alone he tries to kiss me or touch me, and it has me on edge.

If he is trying to my lips off my face, he is giving googelly eyes and being extra affectionate.

No wonder my mom thinks we are a couple on the low.

“I know your secret you can’t hide anything from me Jayce Elizabeth Carrington.”

“Huh what are you talking about woman?” I ask playfully.

“You and Joseph that is what I am talking about.” She raises her eyebrows and I nearly choke on my omelet.

“There is nothing going on between us mom we are just coworkers.”

She snorts, “Don’t give me that bull I see the way he looks at you and that ain’t a I am just a friend look in his eyes.”

“Mom stop imagining things we are not together ok; we are good friends that’s it.”

“For now, maybe but he sure wants to take it further I can tell.”

“Mom for the last time we are just friends besides, I am leaving in a few months why would I even entertain the idea of a serious relationship I am here to work and that is it.”

“Besides, I am not doing the long-distance thing that I is why I have stayed to myself while I am here.”

“I understand that baby, but I think you two would be a good match for each other.”

“I like him very much and he is crazy about Easton why not see what can happen?”

I put down my fork suddenly losing my appetite.

I grab my plate and scrap the remaining food down the drain.

“Aren’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter