2 - Back to Work

Destined for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin's POV

Today it's my first day going back to work. I was wandering in front of my closet for an hour just to think about what I want to wear today. Since today is my first day, I don't want to look that fancy. I decided to wear a peach dress shirt and simple pants. Besides I am going to wear the doctor's coat too. I don't think that's going to look too much.

I am going downstairs while tying my hair. I find my father and both of my brothers have breakfast. They are almost halfway to go. It seems like I take a long time to get dress.

"Here Chaerin..." My father pats the seat next to him.
"Yes..." I sit on the seat as he pats. "When you arrive oppa?" asked me to my brother who sits in front of me.
"30 minutes ago. Sorry I just have time to see you Chaerin ah..."
It's been two weeks since I'm home but I haven't met him. He is already getting married and live together with his wife by the way.
"Oh, that doesn't matter anyway..."
"We could meet at the hospital," said him.
"Oh yeah..."
"There will be a small welcoming party for you at the hospital. I'm going to introduce you to the others there," said my father.
"Oh yeah..."

After we finished our breakfast, we are going together to the hospital. Yeah, the hospital where all of us working. Curse this dynasty but thanks for the privileged by the way. I could get a job easily here. I almost give up when I was looking for a place for my internship during my university time. Thank God, I maintained a pretty good relationship with my professor so he helped me a lot that time.

The hospital isn't that far from our home. Only takes 30 minutes by car. Probably a bit longer if I want to take a bus. I think I will try to take a bus tomorrow.
"How long does it take by bus there?" asked me to Jaehyun.
"Around 40 minutes."
"Why around 40 minutes? You never take a bus before?" Whoa, even the co-assistant hospital board of director son didn't take a bus.
"I take a bus from home to school, not to the hospital," replied him annoyingly.
"Ah, I see..."
"Why take a bus? You had your car," said my father.
"I'm a new employee there. Should I be humble a bit then?"
He laughs. "Of course... My daughter is the best..."
I chuckle. The best my . He didn't have any idea how hard I'm trying to meet his expectations.

***

Chaerin's POV

"Hello, I'm Chaerin. Jung Chaerin. I'm specialized in pediatric dentistry. Please take care of me very well..."

I bow to the guests. Yeah, after the handsome board director son, now it's the pretty board director daughter. Welcome to the dynasty, ladies and gentlemen. After the small welcoming party, my father introduced me to the hospital higher level and all of the heads of department. He also accompanied me while the other executives give me a tour around the hospital. Until we finally reach the dentistry department.

"This is our first time had a pediatric dentist..." said the dentistry department head. His name is Professor Han. He looks so young compared to my brother.
"Please take care of me very well sir..." I bow to him then smile.
 He just chuckles. "I hope you could bring a good vibe to the dentistry department..."
"Of course, my Chaerin had a good vibe, right dear?" said my father.
I just smile widely but awkwardly. My father keeps saying good things about me to the higher level people. Deep inside I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to meet their expectations.

Professor Han shows me the practice room. He also introduces me to the nurses who are going to work together with me. My first shift will begin after lunch. I hope they could work together with me very well.

***

Chaerin's POV

I'm glancing at the clock. Oh, my break time will come in the next ten minutes.
"You can take a break now. I will clean this up," said me to my nurse. She is currently sterilizing the utensils.
"Oh, I'm fine doctor..." Her name is Nayoung and she is so quiet and calm.
"Just go then. I'll finish this." I take the utensils tray from her.
"Oh yes... Thanks doctor..." She is about to leave but still has some words for me. "Oh, you could have lunch at the cafeteria doctor. The food isn't as bad as for the patients."
I chuckle. "Oh yes, thank you Nurse..."
She bows then left. Maybe she realized that I never had a meal at the cafeteria. I usually going out to get my lunch or delivery something for me. Or had Kun delivered his handmade food for me. Alright, let's try the cafeteria food then. I haven't made a lot of friends too here.

On my way to the cafeteria, a lot of people greet me. Oh yeah, I almost forget that I am the hospital board director's pretty daughter. It's going to be awkward to eat alone so I'm looking for my oppa room at the surgery department. Jaehyun must be busy in the emergency department.

"Oh excuse me..." asked me to the nurse on the nurse station.
"Oh yes, doctor?"
All of them get up in a rush.
"Where is my oppa room?" asked me.
"Oh, Dr. Jung room is on that side. The last door." One of the nurses shows me the right corridor.
"He is in his room, right?"
"Oh yes, doctor..."
"Oh thank you then..."
"Oh yes, doctor..." They bow to me in unison.
"Oh don't treat me this good." I smile at them.
"Oh yes..."

I find a door with his name then knock it.
"Yes?"
I open the door and tilt my head there.
"Hi oppa..." greeted me. Oh, he is not alone.
"Oh, Chaerin. What brings you here?"
"I haven't made any friends so I don't have any friends to have lunch together."
He laughs. "Come in, I'll give you one."
I chuckle.
"Meet Doyoung, he is my resident student. And Doyoung, meet my sister Chaerin."
I give him my hand. "Oh nice to meet you, Doyoung ssi. I'm Chaerin." I see his nameplate. "Or should I call you dr. Kim?"
He laughs then takes my hand. "Doyoung ssi is fine, Chaerin ssi."
"We're about to have lunch too. Let's go together then..."
"Oh yes..."

Three of us are going to the cafeteria together. Yunho oppa told me that Doyoung is going to the same university as him. One of his professors at the university recommends Doyoung so that's why he accepted him as his resident student. Yunho oppa introduces me to the ahjumoni at the cafeteria.

"Aigo... You're also pretty, young lady. Just like both of your brothers..." said her.
"Ah... I'm nothing..." replied me.
"Make sure she eats a lot, right ahjumoni?" asked Yunho.
"Of course, a young lady like her should eat a lot to stay fit," replied her.
We just exchange laughs then take our food tray.

We get our food and look for the seats. The lunchtime already passed so not many people there. I'm just following their lead then. I'm not used to eating here.

"Why you never had lunch here, Chaerin ah?" asked Yunho oppa.
I took a sip of my drink while he asked. He hands me a tissue.
"Oh, I usually get the food by myself. Sometimes Kun sends me some food too."
"Ah, I see... Don't set your hope too high Doyoung-ah. Chaerin has engaged already." He teased Doyoung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter