1 - Been a Long Time

Destined for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kun's POV

I'm smiling while reading the notifications on my phone. It's the day where Chaerin back in Korea. The last time she texts me was before her flight departed from London. I just replied by wishing her had a safe flight. The last time I saw her probably last year. I had a business trip to Amsterdam and we met there. She said that she paid her friend to change her shift at a big price so she asked me to pay. I chuckle when I remember that time.

I fix my tie and see my reflection in the mirror. I should look good today. I think I will be going to her place after my office hours finish. I drive to my workplace with a light heart. I even hum to the song from the radio. The thought of meeting Chaerin today lifts my mood. Oh, I can't wait to see her.

"Good morning, sir..." greeted my assistant.
"Good morning Arin..."
She smiles shyly. She is such a cutie you know. Oh, wait until Chaerin saw her. She must be talking about her.
"The T+ Company called earlier whether you have time today sir. I've told them you would be free tomorrow..."
Nice. "Alright. Tell them I'll be available in the morning..."
"Yes sir. Here..." She hands me some documents.
"I'll leave earlier today. I'll be available for discussion until 3."
"Oh yes, sir..."
I hand her some documents that I've signed.
"You must have something special today," said her.
"Yes? Well, kind of..." Did she pay attention to my look today?
"You look really good today sir..."
I chuckle. Even my assistant dare to tease me.
"Thank you, Arin ah..."
She bows then left. I check my phone and still don't have any new messages from Chaerin. I check her flight and yeah, she does not arrive yet. Let's do some work before something special happen today.

***

Chaerin's POV

I was taking my luggage while reading a text from my brother. He said he already send someone to pick me up. I chuckle while reading his text. I can imagine how he talks to me. I find a person who is holding 'Jung Chaerin' paper.

"Welcome home young lady," greeted him.
I bow to him. "Hello."
He helps me with my luggage then starts to drive.
"Yunho oppa, sent you?" asked me.
"Yes, young lady. I'm Beomju, your family's new driver."
"Ah... How long you have been work?"
"Around two years, ma'am."
"Ah..." When is the last time I'm home? I think when I was finished, my bachelor. That was three years ago. "Where is Jaehyun?"
"He had his shift, ma'am."
"How about my father?"
"He is at home, ma'am."
"Okay..."

My father and I aren't in a good relationship. Since he is so ambitious to make my oppa his heirs, he just focuses on him. I'm not that close too with my oppa but he just one call away. I close to my mother and my younger brother than them. When my mother passed away, I feel sorry for Jaehyun for leaving him to continue my study. But my oppa said he will take care of him so yeah I tried to leave with a light heart.

After a long drive, finally, I arrive at my home. My house caretaker welcomes me.
"Welcome home young lady..." greeted her.
"Oh when is the last time I'm home? Why ahjumoni look really old?"
She smiles. "I'm still alive so I grow old. You also look more mature than the last time I saw you."
Oh, I left this home too long.
"Where is appa?"
"He is in his room."
"Is he ok?"
She nods. "He is in a good condition today."
"Ah..."
"I've prepared your room too. It's still exactly the same since you're going abroad."
"Thank you..."
"Lunchtime almost arrives. I'm back to prepare your lunch." She nods then left.

I make my way upstairs to my room. I just realized I miss my home that much. She is right, I've been abroad for a long time. I rarely went back home because my school is killing my time. I don't even have enough time for myself.

I open the door and welcome by my room. The room is still exactly the same as I remember. Only the sheets changed. Some old pictures still hang there. My family portrait, my childhood portrait, even my graduation portrait. All of them are still there.

"Oh, my daughter..." It's my father's voice.
I smile at him.
He gives me a warm hug. "Why you always look prettier every time I saw you?"
I just smile. "How are you appa?"
"I'm good. The lunch will be ready in a moment. Why don't you change your clothes and have lunch with me?"
I nod. "Yes, appa..."
He gives a kiss on my temple before he left. Alright, let's turn into a devoted daughter for a moment.

"Here, Chaerin ah..."
He pats the seat next to him when he saw me going downstairs.
"Ahjumoni made your favorite food..." He is pointing to the food on the table.
"Yeah..." I take the chopstick. "Thanks for the food. I'll eat well..."
He takes a bite and I follow him. I can see how happy he is to see me back home. I just realize he misses me too.

We talk casually about my school life in England. While he didn't allow my brother to go abroad, he gave me permission for that. I convince Kun to go abroad too so I wouldn't be alone there. But he is going back to Korea right after he finished his Bachelor's while I continue my specialist study there.

"Oh have you meet Kun?" asked him.
I shake. "I'm going to have dinner with him tonight."
"You guys must have a lot of stories to catch up..."
I just chuckle.
"He already moves out and lives alone now."
Yeah, I know. He kinda gave me a room tour video call when he finished moving out.
"Just stay here until you guys get married. You leave me too much daughter..."
I chuckle. "Yes, appa..."
He just smiles.
"Oh I'll be going to mother's, do you want to come?"
He shakes. "You just go by yourself..."
"Alright..."

I prepare myself for my date tonight after lunch. Oh yes, I just had lunch and now going to have another dinner. Oh, I'll look like a pig and Kun is going to tease me. I'll be going to my mother's place first then heading to Kun's office. I just remember I haven't reply his text. It doesn't matter anyway. We'll see each other soon. Don't worry baby, I miss you too.

***

Chaerin's POV

"Excuse me, may I help you?"
I was wandering in front of the lobby when the reception greeted me.
"Oh I want to go to the penthouse," answered me.
"Do you have any appointments?"
"Yes, with the CEO, Qian Kun."
She is looking at me confusingly. She must be thinking I'm insane. To be honest, I didn't make an appointment. I just want to surprise him. I don't even text him when I was touch down at the airport. She giv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter