10 - Temporarily Separated

Destined for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin's POV

It's been so quiet nowadays. Is that tired of clinging to Kun? I don't know about that and I don't want to think about that. We've been on good terms since we talk about our hearts out last week. But I also feel suspicious as if something big is about to happen. Oh, your bad thoughts Jung Chaerin.

"Excuse me, doctor..." said my nurse.
"Oh yes?"
"Director Jung is looking for you."
"My father?"
"Yes, doctor..."
"Oh thank you then..."

I make my way to my father's room. Oh, why he suddenly wants to meet me in the middle of my shift? Is this something about work? Do my performance bad?

"Excuse me..." I knock and then open his room. I found him and my brother inside.
"Oh hi dear come here..."
Oh, what is this all about?
"Have a seat here dear..." He points to the seat next to my brother.
"Yes..." I take the seat as he pointed.
"Oh, your brother and his team are going to have a voluntary activity for a week at Gurye start from tomorrow. How about you coming too, baby? They must need a dentist there."
"Oh..." I'm looking at my father and brother. "That doesn't matter. I'm fine."
He smiles proudly. "Of course, Chaerin will do, right?"
"Yes sir..."
"My team will be staying there but I'll be back and forth to here. Do you want to stay there or not? I'll tell them to prepare another room for you," said Yunho oppa.
"How long that it takes to go back and forth?"
"It takes around 3 hours to drive," said him.
"Ah..." 
"I think you should stay there. It's going to be tiring and dangerous for you to keep driving back and forth," said my father.
"It doesn't matter to me. Maybe stay at there would be good."
"Alright... I'll tell them to prepare another room for you. I'll introduce you to the team later," said my brother.
"Alright, sir..."
"Alright, everything set, right?"
"Yes..."
"You guys can leave. Ah, should we have dinner together? Is Jaehyun on his shift?" asked him.
"Oh he is going to school," answered me.
"Oh tell him we're going to have dinner together."
"Oh yes..."

I left my father's room with my brother.

"If you don't want to do that, it's okay Chaerin ah..." said he suddenly.
"Oh, why? Is that matter?"
He chuckles. "I'm just not sure you'll be able to survive there. You're the city girl," teases him.
"I survive by myself abroad. You don't have to worry about me..."
Suddenly his phone is ringing. "Ah the kids calling me..." He shows me his phone screen. "Hi, kids..."
"Appaaaa!!" shouted them there.
"Did you guys finish school?"
"Yes, appaa..."
"Appa is with Chaerin imo now..." He shows me his phone screen.
"Hi girls... How are you?"
"Oh Chaerin imo is here?" asked one of them. Oh, this who is her name again?
"Jae ya..." whispered him next to me.
"Oh hi Jae ya, Chaerin imo is here..." Oh sorry, kids. I can't even differentiate you guys.
"Imo the chocolate and snacks are gone!" said her. "Yea! Appa eat all of them!" added Jaeyi.
"Oh ya... You guys keep fighting over them so appa eats them!"
I just chuckle. "Imo will buy you guys chocolate again. I will give them your appa."
Jaeyi shakes her head cutely. "No no no imo. Appa will finish all of them. Imo should give them to us directly."
"Yes... Imo will be going to your guys' home to bring chocolate again..."
"Yeay!!"
"Appa and Imo should back to work. Appa will call you guys again later, okay girls?"
"Yeah... Bye-bye appa imo..."
I'm smiling widely as the call ends.
"Oh how come they are so cute?"
He chuckles. "Do not forget your promise. I will be accused by them because of your chocolates."
I laugh. "How's eonni then? I think I still saw her on TV," asked me about my sister-in-law. She is a doctor too but she appears on the TV a lot. Maybe because she is really pretty.
"She is good. Thanks for asking her. Are you going to marry Kun, Chaerin ah?"
"Oh?"
He scratches his head. "Am I asking too directly?"
"No, I'm just surprised you care about that kind of thing."
"Whom that I should ask then? I don't even know your friends..."
Ah, he is right though. "Yeah, you're right. We haven't talked about that."
"Just enjoy your life first Chaerin ah..."
I chuckle. "Did you not enjoy your life now?"
"I feel blessed with my life now. Don't worry about that..."
"You'll be a good father for your kids. And they're going to be grateful to have a father like you too..." said me sincerely.
"Whoa, thanks for the nice words..."
We unconsciously arrive at my department.
"I'll see you again this evening..." said him.
"Yeah bye bye oppa..."

***

Chaerin's POV

My brother is currently explaining about the voluntary activity. He also introduces me to his team, which Doyoung included too. Bet this information will set Kun on fire. We will be going there by bus and staying there for around 10 days. They will provide us with a housing place. And oh, I haven't told Kun about this.

"Chaerin ah..." called Yunho oppa while I load my bags onto the bus.
"Yes?"
"Will you go with me or with the others?" asked him.
"Oh, I'll be going with the others. It's alright..."
He seems worried to leave me with his team. What's the matter anyway?
"Alright..."

I also met with the others yesterday. Most of them are resident students. Doyoung also kindly introduced me to the others. And surprisingly, most of us are also the same age. I take a seat next to the window and Doyoung casually joins next to me. Oh, I just remember something.

"The journey will take around 3 hours," said him as he take out his earphone.
"Oh, it will be long. I think I will just sleep on my way there..."
He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter