Year 1, Class A Student Bae

Quaintrelle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"But dad! I wanna go to a high school!" 

Her loud voice echoed inside the office. Her clenched fist wrinkled her dress as she tried to suppress her tears. She's been engaging in this kind of conversation for almost a month already.

"Tell me why I should let you then, you won't need it in running our business with your sister Karina."

Irene wiped the tear that escaped her eye as her breathing became harsher than usual.

"I wanna experience being a normal person! I wanna have friends, and do normal things like a normal student would!"

Growing up, she was taught to defend her side whenever needed. She was taught to never give up without a fight and so, here she is--in front of her father, defending her proposition.

"You don't need friends, Irene. What you need are connections, those people will help you in achieving bigger things. And, you can do things like that without going to school." Her father calmly spoke. He wasn't bothered by the fact that his daughter was fuming as heck in front of him. After all, he doesn't want his children to be shaped using violence or not even neglect.

"But I want to, dad! I'm sick of this big house. I wanna know what things kids of my age do. I wanna experience the outside world." Irene's voice went lower than her usual tone.

Her father sighed and placed both of his hands above the table.

"Sure then… but I have my rules." He spoke.

Irene's desperation had her attentively listening to his rules, weighing if they were reasonable enough or it was too much.

"…and my last rule, prioritize E.Y.E always. If I call you to attend something which relates to E.Y.E, you should come immediately." He eyed his daughter. He is somehow sure that she won't agree with this but surprisingly… 

"Sure then. It's a deal… I'll be preparing my things for the enrollment." It made him stop for quite a minute.

"You planned this?"

"Of course, I already took an entrance exam and complied with other matters--only my enrollment is missing." Irene smirked and exited her father's office.

Being in a business-oriented family, she was quite forced to live a life like how an entrepreneur would. She was taught to always be prepared for sudden meetings, emergency flights, and immediate plans. Not many friends, only connections. And lastly, she was forced to study everything that relates to business since she was a young child. She was told that she'll be the one to hold the highest position in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter