Lost and Loss

Quaintrelle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi had shut, watching the scene before her. She was utterly confused--why? Why is Irene smiling to others--to her friends? Why is Irene letting them talk to her? Why is she befriending everyone except her?

What was the reason? As far as she knows, she try her very best to engage in a casual conversation with her, without mentioning anything else because she doesn't want anything other than being friends with her--not because they are meant to work together in the future, not because of the connection they have, not because of any other reason than friendship itself.

Her mind has no way to go, no thoughts or ideas to come up with the question she had been asking herself.

She wanted to ask the young lady as well. She wants to have an idea, or a thought to come up with the answer. Or maybe, Irene can give it to her by herself.

She watched her smirk, and chuckle with the girls' antics but every time their eyes would cross, she just shifts her expression in a blink of an eye. It is as if she wasn't just chuckling a while ago. It was so swift, so quick. Why? What's with the unfairness? She wants to see Irene's smirk and hear her light chuckles too! She wants to be her friend too!

"Come on, Seulgi-unni…join us." Yerim called her. She walked to them, a smile was plastered on her face as she approached them. Maybe it's the time to finally have a casual talk with Irene.

"What's up?" But the moment she sat beside the other young lady, Irene's phone rang. Disappointment filled Seulgi's face as she watched Irene answer the call, walking a few meters away from them.

It seems like even fate doesn't want them to have the time to talk, be friends, and get closer. 

"Irene-unni's really busy…" Joy uttered as they watched the young lady walk back and forth with her phone in hand.

Seulgi was eyeing her peacefully, watching her back. She sensed something was wrong the moment Irene stopped walking midway, stoned in her place.

"Should we go to her?" Seulgi asked, worrying as Irene didn't budge for a good minute.

"She's busy, unni--"

"G-Girls, I-I need to go… I-I… My-- it. I need to go." They were puzzled. They had never seen her be like this. Irene seemed to be off, she even cursed.

"Do you need us there? Or you need assistance?"

"N-No, I-I can do this… I can d-do this." Irene just left, leaving her things behind--her backpack, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter