Crush? Flirting?

Quaintrelle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Let me carry that…” Seulgi insisted, offering both of her arms to Irene who was carrying a box full of papers. She’ll be checking them one by one before signing it.

She looked at Seulgi, staring at the feline-eyed lady who was looking at her innocently. She even smiled at Irene, extending her arm more. The young Chairwoman sighed and placed the box unto Seulgi’s arms. She watched Seulgi enter her office to place the box above her table.

“What are you doing?” Irene asked, puzzled as to why Seulgi is being such a polite and kind one to her. She doesn’t get it.

“Stacking the papers…?” Seulgi replied, and removed the box on the table after organizing the papers on Irene’s table.

“Why are you being so kind to me?” Seulgi’s eyebrows furrowed.

“I don’t see any reason not to.” Seulgi looked at her with a smile.

“Aren’t you scared?”

“Why would I be scared? You’re too pretty to be scary, try another word.” Irene rolled her eyes with that subtle flirting that Seulgi just did.

“Are you flirting with me?” Irene was full of questions.

“Do you think so?” Seulgi answered with a question.

“Know what? Don’t answer my question with a question, Kang.” Irene was irritated and she herself doesn’t even know why too.

“Well, if that’s how you perceive it then it is flirting…” Seulgi answered but Irene wasn’t satisfied. How dare Seulgi not answer her direct question with a direct answer?

“I don’t like repeating myself, Kang. Are you flirting with me?” She asked again. It sparked a little fear inside Seulgi’s head. She can sense the young Bae’s irritation with how sharp her words sounded.

“Yes… if that’s what you want to hear, yes I am flirting with you. Happy?” Irene rolled her eyes and sat on her chair.

“Get out of my office, now.”

“Why--”

“Out! Now!” Seulgi exited the Chairwoman’s office with a pout. What a waste, she should’ve answered ‘No’--but that would be lying. She’s purposely saying those words to maybe, flatter the young Bae a little or make her smile a bit.

Irene was being way too stressed lately and Seulgi’s not having any of it. Irene deserves to smile too, despite the professionalism and responsibilities she has. Her ultimate goal right now is to make Irene smile, even just a small smile.

She sat at the bench outside Irene’s office, slipping her hands inside the pockets of her coat. Since Irene kicked her out of her office, she has nowhere to go. Her fat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter