Why are you doing this?

Quaintrelle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi watched Irene’s pace--the fast transition of the young lady’s schedules and workloads. It is as if Irene’s world was moving twice as fast as everyone else. Her student duties, she managed to stay on top--acing every subject, while balancing her other responsibilities.

“Why are you here?” Irene asked, noticing Seulgi who was standing outside her office.

“Waiting for you?” The feline-eyed one replied, offering a cup of coffee to the other one. It’s their quarter finals and the young Chairwoman spent her night in the office, again. Studying for the exam while verifying some reports.

“How long have you been there?” Irene asked as she walked, sure that Seulgi was following her.

“Not long ago, I bought the coffee before I went here and as you can see, it’s still hot.” Seulgi replied, pressing the elevator’s button to let Irene enter first.

“What’s our schedule for today’s examination?” Irene asked. Seulgi is in no way of being her personal assistant but it seems like she’s so used to her being around these days that she is civil around her.

“I thought you studied for the exam?” Seulgi looked at the young lady who was casually sipping her coffee.

“I didn’t, I was busy with the reports, and proposals.” 

“Are you sure you’re gonna take the exam today?” Seulgi asked her with furrowed brows.

“Yes, of course. Exams are to test if we learned or not.” She replied, and exited the lift to hop inside her car.

“I can sit beside you so--”

“Kang.” Seulgi stopped speaking after hearing Irene call her by her surname.

“Y-Yes?”

“Are you underestimating me?” Seulgi quickly shook her head.

“No, of course not. I’m just worried, what if you fail the exam…?”

“Failure is not a sin, Seulgi. Don’t make it that much of a big deal, if I fail then so be it.” Irene stated--it’s not like she’ll fail anyway.

It became a routine for the following days, Seulgi waiting outside Irene’s office with a coffee in hand. The young Chairwoman kept spending her days inside her office, aside from her position at the top of the organizational chart, she’s also the current CEO. Her sister Karina can’t handle the position yet, she hasn't even celebrated her seventh birthday.

“You’re here again…” Irene spoke. It's the weekend and here Seulgi is, outside her office, about to fall asleep on the bench.

“Coffee!” Seulgi raised her hand, giving Irene the cup before s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter