The Irene Bae

Quaintrelle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Time. Irene lacked time. After the accident, all she did was focus on her studies, deal with the business that was left for her to manage, tell and take care of her sisters, keep the house in tact--everything is just overwhelming. She didn’t have the time to process anything--she was just there, consumed by her responsibilities and duties as the oldest heiress.

“Hey…”

“Not now, Seulgi… I have a meeting with your father.” Irene spoke, tapping on her phone to call her secretary.

For a 16-year-old young lady, this task is a big one--imagine managing a company that leads the country when it comes to technology.

“I’ll go there too.” Seulgi replied with a smile. Irene paused, and looked at her.

“Go in, be fast, I don’t have all-day.” Seulgi immediately entered the car which was then followed by Irene.

The feline-eyed one stayed silent as she listened and watched Irene talk to her secretary. Irene’s face was wearing that serious expression that could beat the hell out of one’s mental health but to Seulgi, she’s still a student, a teenager who’s given such big responsibility.

“Damn these idiot corrupt members! Thought I wouldn’t come for their asses just because my parents died.” Seulgi can sense the bitterness from Irene’s voice as she mentioned that word. She may not know how it feels to have someone she loves die, but she had experienced being abandoned and she knew that it was the worst feeling--what more of seeing the one you love pass away in front of you?

“Are you alright?” Seulgi asked innocently. Irene stopped and froze. It’s the first time she heard that question. It’s the first time that she was asked if she was alright ever since that moment. She was too busy asking everyone else how they were, too busy checking how other people were that she totally forgot about herself.

“Know what?” Seulgi looked at her, waiting for what she was going to say.

“It doesn’t matter.” Irene replied.

Seulgi can see the pain behind the other one’s eyes. It was there, peeking--only those who truly cared would notice.

“We’re here, Miss Bae…” The driver stated.

Seulgi just followed Irene, watching everyone bow at the young lady to show respect. The process of her being appointed as the new Chairwoman happened so fast despite her age. It didn’t even take a whole day for everything to be transferred under her name--every property of her father was moved under her name, along Ka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter