Seven

He Came Back For Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is what we'll do, we'll..."

Tao continued to whisper in their ears, taking a big step towards their (unexpected) plan. Sehun nodded at each word he said, processing them in his little head. These ideas may help him in the future (like revising them and making them even cooler than Tao had thought). 

But Jongin thinks his ideas . 

 

-----

 

Murmurs filled the classroom as giggles and laughter came next to it. Areum was on her way to her first class, her arms hugging certain books for their upcoming tests for today. She smiled, thinking about how to best friend later. Seeing him looking hopeless was quite fun (but she knows her limits). 

Areum snickered. If he ever gets angry about her little mischief, she plans on giving him his favorite treats that her father makes every morning as a treat. My, he can't wait for that buoyant look on his face.  

As she swung open the door to her class, her classmates' voices began to lower down. Areum didn't care. What was there to care about anyway?

Their stares, however, made her feel uneasy as she strode towards her seat, readying for their morning lecture. 

"Dude, she didn't get to see it?"

"That's some ignorance."

"Aww, I'm jealous. Sehun is so thoughtful just to make up to her."

Sehun? What's with him? She asked herself. Blinking and ignoring her classmates, she placed her books on her table and placed her bag behind her chair afterward. Just what exactly is going on about? Did something happened? Were there rumors flying around in school lately again? She doesn't know. And she plans to never know. 

Patting her bum, she sat down in her seat. Placing her eyes on the board, she gasped. 

"Areum, please forgive me 🥺"

"P.S. I'll buy you NCT album."

Ah, were they talking about that thing on the board?

Screw this. 

Areum felt so embarrassed right now, as she finally noticed what was written on the board (some of her classmates were murmuring "finally!"). She suddenly felt hot. This wasn't what she expected to happen, after all. Plus, it's fricking ridiculous! Who does cheesy stuff these days?

She knows exactly who wrote that on the board with that beautiful handwriting, with few designs surrounding the lettering. 

But honestly, can the Earth swallow her whole today? She doesn't know if she can handle it. She grumbled as she hid her face between her folded arms. 

"Like heck, he'll buy me that."

 

-----

 

"I told you this wasn't a great plan!" Sehun smacked the back of Tao. A loud sound resonating between them. The latter jerked, his back curved from the hard impact, and glared at him.  

"You complied anyway!"

"That's cuz you didn't listen to me, Sehun! If you hadn't followed Tao in the first place, none of this would have happened."

"Now you're blaming me? you!"

"That's 50 dollars off of your allowance."

"I hate you Jongin."

"You deserved it."

"I hate you too Sehun."

Tao grumbled towards the two, leaving him on his own. How dare they team up against him? This wasn't fair either, it was two against one. He was outnumbered! Plus Jongin's quiet snickerings were getting on his nerves lately. 

Jongin, Tao, and Sehun were arguing, pointing out who was the host of the plan and blaming it on him. They were peaking from outside their classroom's door and watch Areum's reaction from there. When she walked towards her table, they were troubled at her reaction. She completely ignored the writings on the board after her double-take, even though she read them from her very own eyes. 

Sehun thinks he needs to take immediate action before he loses Areum. Completely. 

"God, I should have known better than to do this."

"Don't fu-fricking blame everything on me! You even said "that's cool! let's do it" in front of our faces. Stupid."

"I just thought I could show off my handwriting more..." Sehun mumbled almost inaudible, but it wasn't hard to catch his words. Tao scoffed after hearing that lame excuse.

"Tao, don't even start."

Tao clicked his tongue. He was about to fight back, but damn it, Jongin keeps getting in his way. 

"Curse you Jongin."

"Let's just go back inside the classroom. Try to act natural, Sehun."

"I'll try."

"And try not to screw up too", Tao pleaded.

"I don't always screw up, Tao."

The two went inside the classroom, directing themselves first on the board to erase Sehun's apology and to their respective seats beside Areum while Tao walked about ten meters in the hallway until he was in front of his said section. 

Throughout the whole class, Sehun was fidgeting under his table, barely even listening to his teacher's lecture. It's like an airplane going through one side of his ear and coming out from the other side of it. He's got nothing to lose, anyway, so why make a big deal out of this in the first place? If Areum doesn't really wanna talk to him, then so be it. 

He'll never get to change his fate. He'll just accept it-

"Huh?"

A lump? Under his table? Sehun grabbed it, familiar with its shape and the largeness of the shape. There was plastic wrapping as well, but that wasn't enough to make him have second thoughts about the item. He took it out and saw a pastel pink mochi in the wrapping. He smiled when he saw writing on top of the plastic 

"Eat it, and stop by. Pa wants to give u smth."

Sehun smiled. He shifted his gaze to Areum who was listening intently in class, an open notebook in front of her as she twirled her mechanical pencil (it was so cool, too). Sehun feels like he's having some progress going on right now. It felt great, so great he just wants to snatch Jongin and Tao out of class and celebrate like the ridiculous buddies they are. 

God, going home with Areum again makes him so giddy. It must have been because it's been a while since he last saw Areum in their house. 

Sneakily taking his phone out, he texted Jongin (who he knows was playing Call Of Duty). Thinking he should probably go to their shared group chat, he started typing. 

 

sehun wants to get his areum:

im going to areum's house 😩🧡

 

jongOUT if u don't like me is typing...

 

Sehun snickered when he heard Jongin gasped. Seeing how he is typing, he must be panicking. Tao has seen his message later on and was typing alongside Jongin too. 

 

jongOUT if u don't like me:

congratz ig 

 

TAO-FABULOUS:

CONGRATS 😘❤️💖🧡💙💚💕💛💚

now give me my 50 dollars back 

 

jongOUT if u don't like me:

not a chance er

 

TAO-FABULOUS:

you're phone's gonna be confiscated today 

 

jongOUT if u don't like me:

bet 

and that's "your" for you, stupid 🙄

 

TAO-FABULOUS:

where's our champ btw?

 

jongOUT if u don't like me is typing...

 

"It seems to me Mr. Kim is busy with his phone, isn't he?"

Mrs. Jin glared at the caught student of hers. Jongin gave he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter