One

He Came Back For Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Pa, can I please have a Bambi album?"

Chanyeol eyed her from the book he was currently reading, dropping his cup of hot coffee on the porcelain saucer.

Areum never liked the idea of asking for her father's money and spend it with the latest album of her most respected idol. It always feared her that her father would not oblige with her wants. Growing up with a quiet father was such a scary thing to her.

Yet she had an act of sudden courage to ask him for it, even though he isn't that strict compared to when Areum was younger.

"I mean why not?"

Areum sighed, defeat all written on her face. Though, what was surprising was he didn't say "no".

"Wait what?"

"I said you can."

"What the heck, I really can?"

"Yes."

"I really, really, really can?"

"... Do I have to repeat myself over and over again-"

Her father was cut off by her sudden embrace. Areum made her high-pitched squeal and rushed towards her father, hugging him from his seat. Chanyeol gave a huff, surprised by the sudden engulf. He smiled, nonetheless, happy his daughter is delighted.

"I can buy one! I can buy one! Ahh! Gotta tell Sehunie about this! Ahhh!"

Areum cried out, earning an eye roll from her father.

"Didn't you tell me he's a fan of milk tea?" Chanyeol blurted.

"Yeah, why?" his daughter asked after withdrawing herself from Chanyeol, giving him a skeptical look.

"I'm giving you some extra cash. Treat him milk tea."

-----

"Wait, seriously?"

Sehun's eyes were bulging wide. Hearing Areum's father treating him milk tea is such a great miracle from heaven. Usually, it would have only been Sehun who keeps treating Areum lunch and snacks. He wasn't forced to buy, rather he wanted to simply treat her anything she would have liked.

"I know right? My papa is like some bubbly human being now. I thought he was one hard stone."

"Yeah with that stoic face of his", Sehun snorted. Areum giggled at her best friend's words. She wouldn't deny the fact that her father does look like some statue, his facial expression was always blank. Though, he would laugh most of the time when Areum attempts to do some jokes or when she does something ridiculous with those clumsy feet of hers.

"So, can I go to your house this time?"

"We'll see about that. He would probably glare at you again, though", Areum sipped some black pearls.

It was true. Chanyeol never liked the idea of any man coming to set foot in his house. His replies were always about how he could never trust any guy that is with her. Areum would always ask herself 'aren't you a guy yourself, pa?'

But she knew her father more that if she did tell that out loud, things would get very messy between the two.

One time, she asked if Sehun could come in, and Chanyeol flatly said no. Areum felt bad for Sehun but the man just nodded in understanding. Thankfully, Sehun's home wasn't that far from their house. She would have scolded her father if it weren't for the fact that Sehun lives near.

"Damn. I just wanted some study time, not something overboard to that."

"Dirty-minded freak."

"More like you are. Fujoshi."

"We are not talking about me. We are talking about you."

Sehun stuck his tongue out, teasing the girl even more. She rolled her eyes. Her friend could be too much work for her, all the fricking time.

"How was that book you're writing, though?"

"You should have checked and read it instead of asking me. Hmph."

"But I'm not a fan of boy's love stories", Sehun mumbled incoherently.

-----

"Wahhh! Finally got me an eribong!"

Areum cried. It was the best day of her life (plus her acing her math test and doing a lot of recitation this morning, which she is honestly so proud of). Sehun smiled at his best friend all giddy and happy. It was a nice feeling and her smiles were worth a diamond if you asked him.

"Wah, your father would have had bulging eyes right now if I were him."

"Hush, he let me buy it", Areum's eyes glinting in excitement with everything she bought.

"Yeah right... Seriously I know his songs are surely bop but damn you got about everything that reminds you of him..."

"What? Those pencil cases look cute and that pen as well. Everything about Baekhyun is too damn cute. You can't tell me otherwise, Hun!"

"Yeah, that's why I'm the third in your eyes", Sehun lightly grumbl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter