Four

He Came Back For Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun felt the need to back out.

"I told you, you're gonna get sick from all his planned mischief, then you'll get sick of your name being spout by him too", Jongin appeared behind him, hands in his pockets as he grumpily marched towards him with that bitter frown on his complexion that was unfailing to notice by Sehun. The latter groaned in response. 

"Apparently yeah, you are fricking right for once."

"Once?! I was right all along, Oh!"

"You don't have to rub that on my face. I ain't got time for my Areum because of that whiny brat!"

Sehun blinked. Jongin blinked. And Sehun knew Jongin caught every word that flew out from that spontaneous mouth of his, this was so unplanned for!

But then Jongin scorned. A disgusting type of scorn.

"Your Areum? Did I miss somethin'?"

"Whatever. It was a spur of the moment", Sehun embarrassingly defended. It was never his intention, honestly. He cursed at his impulsive reaction. He hopes he lives until tomorrow, wishing Jongin would let him live unlike any of his other friends (like a certain dinosaur with that Cheshire grin on his annoying face) who would surely make you suffer. Yet thankfully that friend of his is in a different school, though they did promise to keep in contact whenever they're free.

Right now he wanted to be with Areum and complain about his flunked History test in which he did study hard for. He had hoped he would at least have a score of 23, but instead, he got himself a score of 22 out of 25. He sighed, thinking about how he failed his mom again, how useless of him. 

Sehun wished he was by Areum right now, but unfortunately, there is this human being named Tao who wanted him to personally accompany him on his shopping spree. 

And with that thought, he knew that girl wouldn't mind and would let him be saying "it's what the contract says, so you should be fine bruh". She can be thoughtless sometimes, and it hurts him (this puppy love if he were to say out loud). 

One day, he hopes she would care about him and be at least, even just slightly jealous of anyone who comes near him or be with him, then he would have nothing more but happiness that Areum does like him.

Such a bizarre desire. 

"Sehun! I've been calling you a bunch of times! Ugh, Jongin, do you got cotton buds?"

"Sorry", Sehun half-heartedly murmured.

"Nah. Why?"

"Alright, use your finger instead to clean those ear wax of his. He hadn't been listening to me!" 

"Ew! Do it yourself, dufus."

"Who you callin' dufus, airhead?"

"Mind you, I can be smarter than you any day, loser. All you think about is Kris here, Kris there, Kris everywhere! Like is he your lover?"

"You're just jealous Kris is great! Nobody's like him, ya know", Tao proudly declared with a smirk on his face and arms in akimbo, showing just how proud he is. 

"And no, ew, Junmyeon already has him, which is fine. So give me a break with your "is he your lover?" talk", he begrudgingly spat back with a silent huff. 

"And that's how you pissed off a Huang", Jongin quietly snickered, mostly towards Sehun as they watched Tao leaving the two behind as he said he will leave them there if they do not follow him, plus no milk tea for Sehun as well.

 

-----

 

"SEHUN, SCREW YOU FOR ALWAYS SPENDING TIME WITH TAO! CURSE YOU I WILL AVOID YOU FOR A MONTH IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT. BE WITH HIM FOR ALL I CARE!"

In the Park House, a little woman had been shouting, cursing, and stomping her feet like a madman in her bedroom, causing their house to rumble from her loud yellings in which most of her sentences contained the name Sehun. Her father had been having some mild heart attack from her shoutings, and he fears this might be his last day on Earth.

And oh dear! Who's gonna take care of Areum if he's gone?!

But then back to her, who said she like the thought of Sehun spending the majority of his time with that filthy rich Asian who wanted Sehun? Ah yes, she wasn't completely oblivious. From the past few days of her constant observation towards Tao, she could see that adoration in his eyes, screaming to be with her best friend as long as he lives. 

She can't allow that. In his dreams would he even think about Areum giving his best friend to that wushu boy!

Alright, she thought, she has to calm down and sort this thing like the real woman she is. It'll only be just a month, not too biggie that will scar her for life (like her mother who left them, but she doesn't want to say that too loud). How can she be this childish?

She plopped on her bed, feeling too tired to even move. All this Sehun related stuff gave her a headache. He's just her best friend, why is she so worked up for? Well, she did have her fair share of having Sehun since they were children, so that should be enough. 

But she never prepared herself when unexpected times like this would have left such a big hole in her life. Damn! She can't even imagine without Sehun beside him being all rude and y and stubborn. 

She groaned. Her stomach growled. 

Areum's face brightened up with a thought in her head as she sat up on her laying position. She needs food. Maybe that's it. Maybe she's just hungry and waiting for her father to finish baking all those yummy brownies she had grown up with ever since she was a child. Perhaps they could fill up the void that had occurred when Sehun left her. Yeah, she might be right. 

Might be.

 

-----

 

 

He quits. 

Those were the words he had been wanting to tell Tao (or perhaps shout is the better word).

"Woah there Oh, you'll grow old fast before you know it."

Jogin just came back from his window shopping. Tao told him he can go and have his life while he's with Sehun, and so he did comply to the request thinking of checking out that new bear set he saw in Toys R Us a month ago. Oh but the world was brutal since he saw that it wasn't on sale anymore and it's back from it's original price. Being late for sale is a pain in the as he would remind himself. 

"Gah! When will he ever stop buying clothes that he'll never wear for eternity?!" Sehun whined indecorously, plopping those heavy paper bags in front of him when he found themselves a bench just opposite to Gucci store. Jongin felt bad for the man, and so he went beside him and patted him on his back with a small pitiful smile.

"You'll get used to it buddy."

"Like hell that's gonna happen."

"Yeah. I agree. I can't believe I liked him back in the days."

"What- Wait, you liked him?"

"That was before. When we were eight."

"Hn."

Sehun didn't want to appear nosy and he cut him off with a simple "hn". He might have wanted to learn more of their past, but he can't bear to hear any of it when it's Tao they were gonna talk about. He needs rest from that silly boy's name today. Or until tomorrow. Or until the day after tomorrow. Or until the three days after tomorrow. Forever would have surpassed it all, but he knew that won't be possible.

"Hey Sehun!" 

"Ugh, what now?" The latter grumbled, hearing his name from Tao's mouth. He just has to expect the worse at the moment.

Tao wasted no time in pulling the other with him inside the said store. However, with that angry face he has made, the workers there shivered in fright, thinking he's about to bite their heads off if they had pushed the wrong buttons. Ironically, Tao had already done so. 

"Check this out! I think it suits you!"

The aforementioned pushed a silky-looking outfit in which Tao had put on for him. He then forced him to go inside in one of those cubicles for him to change clothes. Sehun did so, wanting to get these over with and make him stop taking him and making him wear those ridiculously expensive wardrobes. 

And man all he asks is a nice milk tea and a simple bucket hat for his newly bought cardigan gifted from his mom. That would have topped every outfit Tao has in stored for him. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter