Five

He Came Back For Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh boy, he's going to hell.

"Tao, ing take off those clothes!"

"Oh no, Sehun we are screw- What the how'd you get there so quick?!"

Tao was baffled. A minute ago he was there behind him with those clothes on, and now he's by Jongin who had fiery eyes on him. It was similar to that face when his mom is about to cut his allowance for breaking the school's items.

"J-Jongin, I'm s-shivering, I'm h-hungry."

"THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE SHIVERING!"

"But I am! Now do your business later, and let's eat first!"

Sehun rubbed his forearms. It's a weird habit. He would shiver tremendously if he felt hungry. Instead of shivering when he's scared, he's shivering because his stomach is empty. Even Areum thinks it's strange, she would usually ask if he's an alien or straightly a human being God had made especially unusual? She will never know (neither does Sehun do).

"Aye aye!"

Jongin groaned.

"Don't think you got away, ", Jongin furrowed his brows at him. Tao just smiled, eyes twinkling as he tried to show him he is one innocent angel. And that face was something he loathes the most.

"How the hell did I manage to like you again?" Jongin quietly muttered, not intending to let anyone hear what he said. Unfortunately, Sehun was near him. Too close he must describe.

"I don't know. The more you hate, the more you love?"

"Corny."

"I know, right."

Downstairs they went after that faithful incident, leaving the room all messed up and quite hurtful for Jongin to watch. If his uncle came home early today, he can already imagine him fainting from all the mess they made in his room full of his untouched collections. Jongin doesn't want his uncle to die early. If life did allow him to sleep for eternity, he prays he could die beside his uncle's cold body too. Seeing his mother's face would be the last thing he wants to see.

Though he asks himself if he did let his mother explain what had happened, would he still be there studying? Probably.

Oh, whatever, he can think about that stuff later when he finished eating their chicken teriyaki and after he cleans the room Tao had hosted.

 

-----

 

Morning came, the clock ticking 5 am. Moon still glimmering in the evening heaven, probably waiting for the sun's to come and take its place.

Three people were curled up in the living room. They were up until eleven yesterday playing truth or dare as any high schoolers would play. It ended when Jongin had dared Sehun to kiss the cheek of the person on their right. To his dismay, it was Tao who was so ready to take on the dare. Sehun immediately took the blanket Tao had bought for him (in advance) and hid inside, curling up in the middle of the sofa bed they had laid a while ago.

Both cousins laughed at how spontaneously he was, having to instantly hide in a matter of seconds. Sehun childishly cursed at Jongin for making him do it. As his punishment, he was told to lay in between Tao and Jongin while they sleep.

It sounded like a reward to him, he must say. Sehun admits he is afraid to be alone, but he won't say a word.

They fall asleep when Sehun couldn't keep up with the cousin's bickerings, and telling them he would be praying. He can't peacefully do so if two people are as noisy as they will ever be.

The door clicked after the passcode key was pinned. The person slowly peeked into his house, wondering the dark abode his. Not a single light was seen in the huge space, only silhouettes of his furniture and the stairs. Slowly, he widened the door open, fitting himself in.

Soft snores and a light shuffle made the man's ears perked up. Shouldn't they be in their respective room? He thought. Before he gradually left to see them, he made sure he had his door closed.

But what he unexpectedly saw was three boys cuddle up with each other.

And he guesses that the person getting the hugs was Tao. That brat.

He set down the chicken he had bought yesterday when he had his break, knowing for sure that if he had bought KFC, the food would have been cold by then. Tiptoeing his way towards three figures (the third one being a mystery to him), he saw Jongin hugging the person in the middle.

Huh, this guy's features aren't of Tao's at all.

He took a look from the person farthest from him, limbs spread widely like he had the whole bed for him. Now that's the Tao he remembered, having to recall the last time he saw his nephew restless when he sleeps. He felt bad for the person in the middle, noticing Tao's arm on the said latter's face. He thanked any deity he was facing left.

He swiftly took out his phone, the clicking of his phone was heard in the whole dwelling of his. Speaking the truth, he had tried not to squeal like any of his fangirls. So adorable! How can he not take any snapshots if he had the opportunity to do so? And seeing his sister's son sleeping like a baby made his heart melt.

As if there was nothing to dampen his mood right this moment.

He then thanked the heaven he was given a week off from his work. Damn, being an artist is harsh.

After snapping photos (with the flash on his phone enable, not caring whether they would have woken up from it), he went to a group chat where his siblings were. He sent every picture he had shot, impartial if they're asleep or not. 

 

[that ugly group chat]

 

suHOE:
AHHHH CUTE!
ADORABLE
CHARMING
PRECIOUS
AND NO ITS NOT MY NEPHEW

kris...:
Junmyeon, would you please shut up
I can hear you from my room.

suHOE:
BUT DAMN IT THEY'RE SO CUTE
you're so heartless!

baeKON:
let the man be
BUT HELL YEAH THEYRE ADORABLE
HYUNG YOU'RE MISSING THE FUN!

Mrs. "i'm-just-playful":
tf my notify are noisy
awww that's cute
Nini's like he's having a good dream 🥺

Couples at Work:
God damn it
lei had already set Tao as his wallpaper
Wtf 😭

baeKON:
LMFAO
THAT WAS THE UGLIEST PIC

suHOE:
deserve 😎

Couples at Work:
I KNOW
And myeon you're so mean you're not a kid anymore smh
he has tons of Tao's photos on his phone which were MORE DECENT than the one you took
His son is gonna sue him
I can smell it.

 

Baekhyun laughed. Wang Lei can be something else when it comes to his son's photos. It was ridiculous.

And what his wife, Chyou, had said about suing him can be so possible. Reminiscing that moment when Tao saw one ugly pic of him on his father's phone while he was randomly checking it out, he had his dad scolded in the most comical way possible. A young man at the age of 9 looked so ferocious in front of his dad who had his head down was already laughable for the family.

Never mess with Tao or you're gonna get your whooped with his nunchucks and martial arts moves is what the family

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter