Six

He Came Back For Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun can't help but feel his life has ended.

"You didn't do anything wrong. Stop stressing this. It's just a girl."

He's right, Sehun thought. Areum is just a girl. A girl who snatched something important from him. A girl who isn't extraordinary nor is someone who is too special for the world. A girl that is seen as a rich gal but stays humble with whatever she does. Charming of her. 

"A girl I had been watching from afar."

Jongin sighed. He was about to in, but Sehun stopped his mouth from saying words he was expecting. 

"Yeah. We're always together. I can get the chance. I know. But since I'm a coward, it's hard for me to even move a step inch closer to her."

Jongin doesn't know whether to pity the boy beside him or smack the back of his head for being such an idiot. An idiot scaredy-cat at that.

"You're such a chicken."

"Correction. I'm a chick."

Jongin nods his head.

"Uhuh, you even resemble one."

Sehun chuckled dryly. A chick, huh. Even Areum thinks so. 

Just remembering that girl makes his head sway back to the past, recalling their little adventure to his grandpa's farm and taking a chick from its mother. Uncle Chanyeol had work in his office at that time and Areum expects him to be home by 10, and so she had more time to spend with her best friend. It was quite easy for Sehun, knowing the mother hen seems to have known him for quite a while now, feeling comfortable around him. So, caressing her chick was a piece of cake. 

"Look! It's copying you again!"

"Oh?"

Little Sehun glanced at the little chick beside him who had its eyes stared back at him. Little Areum giggled at how cute these two interact.

Thinking back, their childhood wasn't a bummer now, has it? 

"But I'm not only a chick. I can also be a chick magnet."

"Haha, very funny, Hun."

"That's my job, to begin with", he smiled smugly. 

"You know, rather than wasting our asses here waiting for absolutely nothing but the wind, why don't we head to class before Mrs. Gabriel gives us a surprise quiz. 'Cuz that's the last thing I want to expect."

"Sure. I love her surprise quizzes though."

"Ugh, your love for her subject is so disgusting. I like you getting head over heels for Areum, instead."

And Sehun's face flushed.

 

-----

 

"I won't let you win that easily~ Hehe!"

Areum laughed with a huge cheeky smile on her face, grasping the heavy books in her arms as she recalls the cheery Sehun she came across with. Oh well, a simple prank wouldn't be that much of a disaster, right? 

Whatever the consequences are, Sehun deserves this. 

Talking about him, had he reviewed for today's History test? She clicked her tongue. She shouldn't be worried about someone who loves history and who is confident that they'll ace it. No doubt about him, after every encounter she had with the boy's History test papers.

But thinking back, Sehun really hurt her. Sure he's busy with Tao, but she didn't know it would affect her that much. Simple replies would have sufficed his inactive presence. Yet, damn, he can't even do so!

He had reloaded his data the last time she checked (and she's with him too). 

Though she admits it felt nice getting attention from Sehun again. 

She patted her pocket. Feeling a strange squared object, she remembered she's in her monthly period right now. formed a big "O" shape, finally clicking the events. 

"Right! I'm on my shark week!"

Maybe that's why she had the nerve to pull a prank on Sehun and test how long he will last. Then again, it's not every day she can do cunny stuff at him. 

But he deserves this. 

Areum can be such a brat sometimes. She claims she knows herself more than anyone had heard about her. 

Being immature is one of her traits. Unless someone sets her priorities straight, she won't change that.

 

-----

 

"Areum, can we please talk-"

"No. I said I'm busy. I didn't stutter, did I?"

Sehun gulped. Frick. She's growing even stubborn as time passes each time he tries to mend their misunderstanding. She's such a headache. 

God. If Sehun can easily forgive anyone who had wronged him, Areum is different. She tends to make those people who mistreated her even guiltier than yesterday. She lets them suffer after everything they had done to her or to anyone. 

But it's Sehun. The clumsy and forgetful Sehun we're talking about. Plus, it's unbelievable he can make at least ten mistakes in a day. 

"Come on Bub, you can't just brush me off without explaining."

"Poor you, 'cause I just did. Now leave me alone!"

"Bub..."

Areum paused. One trait they do share is their stubbornness. 

"Don't call me "Bub" if you're truly sorry. Do something worthy for my sake, instead of hanging out with Tao!"

Areum huffed. She turned her head back and shot her tongue out, eyes forcedly close. Sehun was about to reach out and call her again, only to leave him discouraged. He sighed when she started to walk out from him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter