Chapter 09

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]09[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Flashback I [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“We don't remember days, we remember moments.”[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] Prenote: As the title suggests, this entire chapter would be a past, so I would not italicize everything. 

 

-2014-

 

"First of all, I welcome you guys to the Korean National Police Agency Training Academy. However, whether all of you can successfully graduate from here to become the true policeman and woman to serve the nation, it would solely depend on you. For the next 30 weeks, you guys would be put through a series of trainings, tests and exams, testing you on your wits, courage, physical capabilities and of course, your loyalty. You'd be pushed to your limits and by the end of it, I hope to see all of you guys here again."

 

"Yes Sir!" 

 

It was 2014 summer when they first met. Jiyong, Youngbae and Daesung had all decided to drop their army duties to become a police officer instead. They went through several tests and exams, coincidentally ended up in the same batch of training. 

 

"Im Yoona."

 

"Yes Sir!" 

 

Then there's this 25 year old woman among them. The rose among the thorns, the one that caught all the other trainees' eyes. Yoona was the only female trainee in the entire batch and hence, not only did she catch the trainees' attention, she was noted by the trainers as well.

 

"Wow, goddess becoming a police officer?" Daesung whispered. 

 

"Maybe she'll drop out before completing the course. She looks fragile," Jiyong smirked.

 

That was the beginning. For the next couple of weeks, all of them went through a series of gruesome trainings. Proving Jiyong wrong, Yoona lived up to the expectation of the trainers. Despite being a female, she fared much better than all the other trainees and more often than not, she ended up having a healthy competition with Jiyong, always fighting for the first in every training they underwent. 

 

It was a weekend and everyone was packed up, ready to head outside for a fun day after the weeks of torture. When the guys were about to leave, they bumped into Yoona, who had also came out of her dorm.

 

She was dressed like a normal person, t-shirt and jeans with a black windbraker on. She had raven black hair that came down past her shoulders, rich dark brown eyes and full pink lips. She was tall and casually fit. Her tight-fitting shirt read 'Keep Calm & be a Queen'. Jiyong made sure to read the shirt in case he needed an excuse for why he was staring at what was hidden behind it. 

 

The draining trainings had left all of them too tired to oogle at girls, but looking at her now, she had this large, perfectly-shaped s which prominently displayed the first two words printed on the shirt. There was just enough of the V-neck shaped collar to give a brief peek at the start of what must be some impressive cleavage.

 

"Oppa," then she turned away to acknowledge Youngbae and Daesung and Jiyong's eyes fell to a well-rounded but firm looking .

 

"Hey Yoong," by now, Youngbae and Daesung had formed a rather close relationship with Yoona. "Out to play as well?" 

 

"Probably just run some errands and I'd be back to mug. There's a test tomorrow," Yoona replied.

 

"KNPU nerdy student still have to put in extra effort to study?" Jiyong arched his brows.

 

"Of course. I'm surprised to see that you're even going out you know. I heard that White Skull guys don't really excel in theories," Yoona smirked.

 

"Yah you-!"

 

That's the relationship between Yoona and Jiyong. As their rivalry became stronger, they always pick on each other. Jiyong was from the White Skull Division, one of the toughest army divisions, before he got out to become a police while Yoona got into this training academy as part of her compulsory training in Korea National Police University. They took very different paths, but still ended up meeting each other in this place.

 

"Araso araso. You two can never have a rest, can you?" Youngbae laughed. "We'll probably be going to Dongdaemun for the night market. Do you want us to br-"

 

"Ddeokkbokki please!" Yoona cut off before he could finish his sentence. "I'll meet you right outside the academy since we can't be bringing outside food in."

 

"Law-abiding nerd, but still love to eat so much," Jiyong mumbled.

 

"This two don't clash, Jiyong-sshi," Yoona laughed. "Come out with a better counterback next time."

 

With that, she walked away, waving the guys off.

 

"You know, I heard that Yoona is the top student in KNPU. If I had known KNPU is gonna have people like her, I would definitely sign up for it ages ago," Daesung chimed.

 

"Well, she does have an infectious laugh, piercing brown eyes, and, to be totally honest, a body that's more easy on the eyes," Jiyong added with a smirk as they continued to look at her backview.

 

"Easy on the eyes only? Dude, that's already a feast!" Youngbae exclaimed. "Compare her to those women that you'd seen in your army camp."

 

Jiyong shuddered at the thought of it, causing the other two to break into laughters.

 

"Seems like you're interested in her huh," Youngbae wrapped an arm across his shoulders playfully. "From looking fragile to becoming easy on the eyes?"

 

"Looking fragile doesn't mean I don't like it. It can also mean she looks fragile and I want to protect her. Besides, she already proved me wrong. Sometimes, she's even stronger than you and well, she's definitely more courageous than Dae," Jiyong wasn't shy to admit that he was interested in that girl.

 

"Guess like someone is in love~" Youngbae cooed. "Knew it. You always fancy such competitive girls."

 

"Hyungs, wait for me! Is this some inside jokes that I don't know about?!!"

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

"Yah, I'm feeling a little tired. I think I'm going to head back first," Jiyong stifled a yawn, stretching himself.

 

"Oh? Shall we go back with you, hyung?"

 

"A-Anniyo. I-I'll be fine. I think I'd get some ddeokkbokki to eat along the way." 

 

"Ayeee, let him be Dae," Youngbae knew his real intention and sniggered. "He'll probably be awake by the time he reaches the academy."

 

"Ahhh~" Daesung caught it immediately, chuckling. "Oh, hyung, if that's the case, you won't mind helping us buy ddeokkbokki back for Yoona right? We're probably going to be out as long as possible. Youngbae hyung is going to introduce me to his girlfriend!"

 

"Such a hassle," Jiyong was just complaining for the sake of complaining because everyone knew he's going to end up buying. "Yah, you're introducing him to Yul? You're not afraid she'll be stolen?"

 

"She only have eyes for me, thank you," Youngbae punched him on the arm. "Stop caring about my stuff and go get your girl."

 

"W-What? I-I'm just buying supper to eat on the way back!"

 

"Yeah yeah. Whatever~"

 

"Yah!"

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

/Nerd. I'm back with the ddeokkbokki. Come down in 5 or I'll eat it all up./

 

Jiyong hit the 'send' button, letting out a smile as he sat on the garden bench. Yes yes, Youngbae was right; he wasn't tired. He just wanted to get back earlier to bring her supper and to spend some alone time with her. Being in the academy meant that they were constantly surrounded by people (i.e. annoying guys) and with Yoona being the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter