Chapter 15

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]15[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Attack & Protect [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Rescue is costly, but love pays the price.”[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "I still don't feel very safe about this, oppa. She has never gone for a deal alone!"

 

"Come on, Chae! I'm NOT a glass doll! Nor am I a doll for that matter," Yoona rolled her eyes. "You're overreacting!"

 

"We don't know how dangerous this guy is and hell, he even has the hots for you!" Chaerin shook her head. "This is way too dangerous. I suggest we call this deal off if he isn't allowing us to tag along."

 

Yoona shot a glance at Donghae, signalling him to convince his little sister.

 

"This is not going to be a suicide mission, Chae," Donghae spoke up. "He wouldn't dare to lay a finger on her anymore. He knows what she's capable of. Besides, we will all be tagging along to the hotel. She will be safe. If anything is amiss, we would rush up."

 

"I entrust myself to you guys," Yoona added. "I trust you guys, so trust me more? It'll be fine, Chae. Stop fretting. At the very most, I promise you to learn a few more combat skills before the deal?"

 

"More like you need to stash a few more knifes in your bra."

 

"Mwuhyaaaa!" Yoona grumbled.

 

"Yes okay. I'm going to search my stash for you," Chaerin exited the office, ignoring her complaints.

 

It was decided. After a couple of weeks of going back and forth, Donghae had made a deal with Johnny. Johnny was agreeable to the conditions but had insisted the deal to be completed with Yoona. It was obvious that despite the things that ended uglily that night, Johnny still took a weird interest in her and though he wouldn't dare to act brashly, he had wanted to see her again. 

 

"You sure you'll be alright?"

 

"Aishhh, oppa, I thought you trusted me. Guess like you're just like Chae~" Yoona pouted. "That was just an act?"

 

"I trust you," Donghae laughed at her reaction. "I just wanted to be sure. If you don't feel comfortable, we can forgo this."

 

"Nahs, it's been what we've been waiting for. Guzmán is dead now and with the Chois being of weaker power now, it's best that we strike first," Yoona smiled. "I'm a little concern over at the police side though."

 

"Don't worry about that, Im Sungbin would be helping us."

 

"Then there's nothing to be afraid of. Awww, can we stay for a couple more days though? It's the tulips season in Amsterdam!"

 

"If you want, we can stay to tour the entire Europe even," Donghae smiled affectionately.

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

On the other side...

 

"We're going to work with the Amsterdam police this time round and given how much help you'd rendered to us previously, we thought it'd be ideal to work again."

 

The precinct was having a briefing from Narcotics. The Narcotics had once again sought help from Jaesuk's team, wanting them to assist in a joint operation to bust a big drug deal in Amsterdam. This operation was once again led by their sergeant, Im Sungbin, the one who managed to catch drug cartel TOP a few months back.

 

"We'll be sending two of you guys there. Youngbae and Jiyong, you guys are up," Jaesuk instructed. "Jiyong, are you sure you'll be okay with this?"

 

After setting his plan in place, Jiyong became normal again, returning to work. He knew he would need the authority and gun of the police so there was no way for childness here. He had apologised to Jaesuk for his rash behaviour, asking to return to the job and had promised that he would stop all investigations for Yoona's case. 

 

"Yeahs. We're talking about busting the rising star here, why wouldn't I be okay?" Jiyong smirked. "I'm pumped up."

 

"We've received news that John Suh Yong Ho, commonly known as Johnny, would be making a deal with Lee Donghae in Amsterdam. We are unsure why did they choose to deal in Amsterdam but are suspecting that perhaps, Johnny's drug factory might be based there. You know, with pots being legal in that country."

 

"Damn, a first-class honours uni grad?" Youngbae shook his head at the report.

 

"Yes," Sungbin nodded. "We're dealing with a group of highly intelligent criminals this time round. Johnny is a very sly and careful guy that doesn't expose himself much. If we miss this chance, it would be tough to catch him again. He doesn't deal very often."

 

"Youngbae and Jiyong, I'm putting you guys to the Narcs to assist in this operations. You'll be going to Amsterdam to render assistance. Make sure you keep your cool and listen to the team lead. You guys hear me?"

 

"Yes sir!"

 

John Suh Yong Ho... So this is the bastard that assulted Yoona... 

 

Jiyong stared at the photo, losing in his thoughts. He's the exact person that Jennie had mentioned to him. Throughout these couple of weeks, he had been in touch with Jennie, most of the time through texts and calls. Though he did invest some personal time for leisure, he was doing all he could to dig out more information from this little underling. Afterall, he realised that she wasn't that a small fry within the triad. She was the right-hand lady of Chaerin and the information that she heard was most of the time, true.

 

Jennie had proved to be a valuable informant and though it wasn't very nice to be using her, Jiyong comforted himself over the fact that he was trying to help her redeem some guilt for all the sins she had done. It was for justice and perhaps, when all these are over, he would come clean and apologise to her.

 

There's always a time.

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

Two weeks later, Amsterdam.

 

"Ahhh, looks like we meet again, Yoona-sshi~" Johnny cooed as the guys escorted Yoona into the hotel room.

 

"If it wasn't for the fact that you had insisted, we probably wouldn't meet at all," Yoona put on a stoic expression as she strided in with her suitcase.

 

"Fiery as usual~" Johnny wasn't offended by her tone at all.

 

"Let's get down to business," Yoona opened her suitcase filled with money. "In exchange for the first batch."

 

"Fast and furious, I like," Johnny smirked, snapping his finger. 

 

His subordinate handed him a packet of powder. In no hurry, he poured the powder on the marble table, forming two neat lines. He rolled one of the notes and handed it to Yoona, whom frowned.

 

"Wae? Noona afraid of testing the goods?" He smirked.

 

"This wasn't what was discussed previously," she furrowed her brows.

 

"Well, this is my habit. I'd like my customers to test the drugs themselves, to prove that the goods I provided is authentic," Johnny answered.

 

"How would I know if it's fake? What if you use fake goods to scam me and I sniff it?" Yoona rebutted.

 

"You can choose not to believe it," Johnny shrugged. "My reputation is impeccable and there're a lot of people out there lining to do business with me. If you don't dare to take the risk, then let's call it off. It's totally fine by me. Or... do you not take these drugs ever before?"

 

Yoona took the roll of money and hesitated. If the goods are fake, she might die of poisoning. If the goods are real, she might still die of overdosage. If she refused to take it, Johnny would suspect her identity and there might be a chance that she'd be killed off right away. This was an obvious trap by Johnny! He set this out to kill her! It was a revenge, a damn good plot of revenge.

 

She closed her eyes and breathed. What're the odds of surviving...

 

"You can't go in there! Yah!"

 

Just as she was about to approach the lines of white powder, a loud commotion was heard from the outside and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter