Chapter 01

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]01[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Betrayal[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] “The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.”[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] No one could see the dance floor, it's wall to wall people dancing to the music that the house DJ was playing. Groups of people came hitting on the floor and the space magically came. You could see drinks everywhere; in shots, in bottles, on the floor and even on human bodies. Mostly everyone was drunk or tipsy, with a few people in clusters sitting around, either busy putting their tongue in each other's mouth or just shouting to make themselves heard.  

 

In a dark corner, away from these boisterous activities, there were a group of people laying lazily on the couch and giggling hysterically. Some were smoking cigarettes, while the more adventurous ones had the white powder lined up on the table, taking turns to snort up, feeling the rush of ecstasy pumping through their veins within minutes.

 

It was high into the night until...

 

"POLICE! Stop whatever you're doing and turn on the lights!" 

 

The bellow switched the entire scene. Grumbles and complaints rang as a group of police came storming in, a stoic look on their faces as they tried to disperse everyone into two sides. The detective-in-charge walked to the middle of the dance floor. 

 

Charming was an understatement. He seemed moulded from a different cast as he had an androgynous look uncommon to most people, his crescent-of-moon eyebrows were thin and narrow. He carried an imperious nose well and his angular cheekbones carved down towards a flinty jaw. The swirl of his cologne had women swooning in the aisles.

 

"Who is the person-in-charge here?"

 

Grumbles died down, replacing with low murmurs. Some were gossiping about how hot and dashing the dectective looks, but no one came upfront to answer the question. The detective was losing his patience and just before he lost his cool, heels clicking sounds were heard against the floor

 

"Noona/Unnie!"

 

Heads turned and the burrow between the detective's brows deepened. 

 

"Sergeant Kwon, what a surprise to see you here. Here to congratulate our new opening?"

 

Brunette, somewhat fragile, intelligent in expression. She broke into a smile, her beguiling, pearly-white teeth lit up the room. She stared at the detective with intense concentration and appreciation, not breaking the eye contact. Silence was met until she fished out a cigarette from her denim pocket, wedging it between her fingers as her underling scrambled with a lighter, helping her to light it up. She put it towards her lips but before she could take a puff, a strong grip around her wrist stopped her.

 

Gasps were heard and all her underlings surrounding behind stood up defensively while the police side jumped to alert mode as well, hands on their holster, all ready to attack. 

 

The brunette didn't seem intimated by the sudden intensity of the atmosphere as she let out a smirk, still looking straight into the detective's eyes. She raised another arm up and immediately, her underlings eased up, settling back down while the police did likewise.

 

"Guess we're not here to congratulate then, Sarge?" She raised her brow amusingly, taking a glance at her held wrist.

 

The detective seemed to realise that he was not acting normal and dropped his hand, though his frown remained as he cleared his throat, "we received reports that your club has a case of ual assault."

 

She was totally unfazed by the remark as she took a puff off her cigarette, forming white circles of smoke as she exhaled, "oh. I'm sure that it's a misreport. We're all law-abiding citizens! Why would we have such absurd cases happening here? I love all my customers, right guys?! Are you enjoying yourselves?!!"

 

The crowd roared in response.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter