Chapter 06

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]06[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Sweet Revenge[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice.”[/CONTENTID3]

 

[CONTENTID4] It was an eerie silence, with only the soft sound of the ventilator ringing in the ward. Everyone looked at each other, all afraid to even breathe loudly, let alone uttering out a sound. It was obvious that anger was radiating all around her and they knew that whoever speak up first, would definitely get it the worst. 

 

"What did the doctor say?" 

 

Finally, she spoke up and everyone heaved an inward sigh of relief, taking solace over the fact that at least she didn't drag the silent game longer. It was torturous. However, no one dared to answer her question still, fearing that one wrong word might trigger her. 

 

"You speak," she pointed to a girl with streaks of blonde highlights.

 

"M-Me? N-Neh... Y-Yoona unnie..." The girl got startled momentarily before speaking again after receiving a nod from Seungri. "The doctor said that a bullet was in Chaerin unnie's left abdomen and it was surgically removed already. There were few other bullets that scraped through her arms and legs. The surgery was a success and Chaerin unnie is now out of danger, though..."

 

"Though?" Yoona asked coldly.

 

"Man, Yoong, stop scaring the poor girl," Seungri sighed and spoke up. "Chaerinnie is fine, though her recovery process would take a good couple of months because the abdomen wound is quite deep. She's just sleeping because the anesthetic effect hasn't wear off."

 

Silence again. Yoona took a look at the unconcious Chaerin lying in the hospital bed and turned back to shoot Seungri a glare.

 

"Y-Yah yah, why is it me again?" Seungri raised his hands up in defense. "You know I'm always excluded in such operations! Just because you can't get angry at hyung, you can't be venting your anger on me!"

 

Yoona gave an exasperated sigh and ruffled her hair in frustration, "rest of you, get out."

 

The moment her words rang, all the underlings scrambled out of the ward, leaving the Lee brothers behind. When it was down to the four of them, Donghae finally spoke up.

 

"Yoong-"

 

"Why?" Yoona cut him off curtly. "Why did you guys hide it from me? Give me a valid reason."

 

She wasn't shouting her heads off but that serious and cold tone was equivalent as berrating to the guys.

 

"We thought that it was a simple deal. You had a wedding to attend too right? I can't let both of the bridesmaid go missing at the same time," Donghae sighed, softening his tone.

 

"So I was the forsaken one?" Yoona continued her questioning. "Because Chae looks more badass than I am? Because she gets hurt and can recover immediately while I can die with a superficial wound?"

 

Donghae was left without any words to defend himself.

 

"Yoong, you can't really blame hyung," Seungri spoke up for his older brother, though he was really careful of his words. "He's concerned about your safety and the person we're making a deal with... It's T.O.P. Also, he explicitly asked for Chae. Must have thought that this silly girl would be the easiest to deal with."

 

Yoona's eyes went wide in disbelief, causing Seungri to look at Donghae pitifully. God knows how fierce and strong this woman could be when she's offended. He remembered there was a time he ate her favourite sandwich without asking and when she found out, he got pinched so badly that his arm was bruised for a week. It might sound crazy, but man, a grumpy and hungry Im Yoona wasn't a lady to mess with. 

 

"Alright, look, Yoong. I know you'll act like that, so that's why I didn't want to let you in because I know you'll not agree. See how you're acting now?"

 

"I would not agree not because I hate that bastard but he's known to deal business in an unscrupulous way. See how this turns out?" Yoona folded her arms across her chest and huffed. "Besides, if you'd told me earlier, I would have given my suggestion. You know I would never override your authority."

 

Donghae was defeated again. He knew that the moment Chaerin got shot, things would go downhill. Yoona was informed and she rushed down from the wedding reception immediately, much to Jiyong's disappointment. Donghae knew Yoona was right but... He just thought that he could handle it.

 

"What's our damage beside the injuries of our people?" Yoona sighed, rubbing her temple. 

 

"The goods is worth five million out in the market but that bastard only gave three. The bottom of the case was filled with white papers. Guess the fight broke out before Chae could get to the bottom," Donghae answered.

 

"That son of a ," Yoona punched the table lightly, gritting her teeth.

 

"U-Unnie..." A weak feeble voice called out and everyone turned to Chaerin who had regained consciousness. 

 

"Hey GZB..." Yoona softened her tone immediately, coming to her side.

 

"Are you lecturing my oppas? Chaerin removed her oxygen mask and smiled weakly. 

 

"I want to lecture you too, you idiot," Yoona was reprimanding but her tone was soft and tender as she adjusted her bed, helping her to sit up. "You Lee siblings are going to drive me nuts someday."

 

"At least, I ain't really lying now I guess?" Chaerin stuck out her tongue cheekily. "I'm really in the hospital."

 

"I was thinking since when is Lee Chaerin so lousy? You're a much better drinker than us, why would you have a bad hangover," Yoona rolled her eyes. "We didn't even drink that much."

 

"Unnie, don't blame oppa. I was willing to take the risk too and got a little too cocky," Chaerin got serious. "Oppa, did he give the correct amount?"

 

"This is not your concern anymore. Use this time to take a break and recuperate," Donghae refused to answer her question. "No argument."

 

"But-"

 

"No buts."

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

"Americano?"

 

Donghae was engrossed staring at the sky when Yoona came over.

 

"Thanks..." He took the hot coffee from her hand with a smile. "How do you know that I'm here?"

 

"You always love to look at the sky when you're troubled. That's why you have a roof-top garden, isn't it? And since you wouldn't want to leave Chae's side now, the hospital roof-top would be the next best alternative," Yoona winked.

 

"I guess someone is not angry anymore?"

 

Yoona shrugged, "I've already vented my anger. Besides, it's partly my fault that I didn't prove myself enough."

 

"Yoong..." Donghae frowned.

 

"Whatever it is," Yoona smiled ."I'm glad that Chae is fine, so you should stop blaming yourself."

 

"W-hat?"

 

"I know you're feeling bad that she got injured and are doubting your choice, but like what Chae had said, she knew the risk ahead and she's willing to take it. She's an adult and you know that once she sets her mind on doing something, she'd not back down."

 

"You know, when I heard the gunshots over the tracker, I was still able to keep calm, telling myself that it might not be her," Donghae groaned. "But when I heard her weak voice calling out to me, my heart broke... Am I a really bad brother? I promised my parents that I would take care of them..."

 

"Oppa, you're already doing a fantastic job," Yoona turned him around and stretched her finger out, smoothening the crease on his forehead. Seunghyun is a renowned lawyer, Chaerin is a strong-willed woman that breaks the stereotypes of women. They love and respect you because you're their role model. Accidents happen..."

 

Donghae stared at how clear and sincere her wide doe eyes were and found his heart skipped a beat. He stretched his arm out suddenly to grab her hand and Yoona was startled.

 

"Oppa...?" Yoona whispered and trailed off.

 

Donghae made a reponse by coming closer to her lips and closed his eyes. He gave a chaste kiss on her lips and she gasped. He might have gone further if it wasn't for the fact that she took a step back instinctively.

 

"Thank you, Yoong," he opened his eyes and gave a sweet smile as he watched her stunned face. 

 

"W-What..." Yoona could feel her face heat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter