Chapter 20

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]20[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] The Date [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Date someone because you already see a future, not because you want to see if you would work out.”[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "Unnie!"

 

"Awww, my baby!"

 

They shared a tight hug and Taeyeon ruffled Yoona's hair hard, earning a pout from the latter. 

 

"A punishment for reaching out that late," Taeyeon snorted.

 

"I'm just afraid that you're angry," Yoona pursed her lips and pulled her down to sit beside her.

 

"I've told you umpteenth times. I'm NOT from the triads and I don't categorise my friends. Businessmen, hooligans, police, commissioner, I don't care," Taeyeon roller her eyes before giving a sneaky smile. "Besides, it didn't really catch me off guard when I heard your news. You know, I always feel that you've that police vibe in you~"

 

Yoona broke into a smile and shook her head, "so how's life?"

 

"Without you acting as my sidekick? Pretty boring," Taeyeon let out a laugh. "You know how many eyes we attract whenever we set foot in bars."

 

"Unnie!" Yoona gave a teasing slap on her arm.

 

"Araso araso! Still as violent," Taeyeon softened her smile. "I still go to bar hopping but... I'm no longer a social ."

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"I don't know about others, but Yoong, you made me realise that I probably should do something about my life," Taeyeon held Yoona's hand tight. "I mean if you can be so determined and put yourself through this for over three years, just because of a belief you hold, I believe I can do it too. I think I should pursue something that I should have done years ago."

 

"And that is...?"

 

"A little too old but I'm going back to school," Taeyeon beamed. "I got accepted into Chung Ang university, specialising in Music."

 

"Omo, that's great news!" Yoona squealed. "You're talented, unnie! Don't let it go to waste."

 

"Also, I'm still going to continue performing~" Taeyeon cooed.

 

Yoona frowned.

 

"Wae wae? Looking down on my profession now?"

 

"A-Ani! I just thought you know, since you want to lead another life, you shouldn't be performing those..."

 

"What are you thinking!" Taeyeon burst into laughters. "I'm just pulling your legs! I reunited with a high school bestie recently and realised that she's into music as well. I would be forming a band with her, performing in bars, earn some pocket money for my school."

 

"You prankster!" Yoona scoffed. "But I'm so happy for you unnie, and... thank you... Thank you for still sticking by after all these..."

 

"You silly," Taeyeon caressed her cheek. "How about you? How's life?"

 

"Same old, same old," Yoona gave a bitter chuckle. "In fact, I should be the last person that you should model after. Look what my determination got me... I lost my job, being denied entry in almost all the clubs and bars..."

 

"Sica told me that you're planning to go to France?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Yoona nodded, "the police path isn't going to work out for me and there's just too many overwhelming memories here... I think I want to take a breather somewhere else. I love baking, so France sounds like the perfect plan."

 

"How about the handsome sergeant?"

 

Yoona's smile faltered, "I'm going alone. It has always been me, myself and I. All these while."

 

"Yoong, I know you still love him and I'm pretty sure he's still crazy over you. Back then, even without knowing your real identity, he was willing to brave through the Choi's territory alone. Just to save you."

 

"I know, but it's just... It's just impossible to go back now..."

 

"You're never a quiter. There's no such thing as impossible. At least give it a try. There had been and will always be love between you two." 

 

"Mwu-Unnie!"

 

Yoona didn't know what Taeyeon meant until she looked up and saw the awfully familiar figure walking towards them.

 

"Alright, my job here is done. I'm gonna go now. If I'm going to Paris, you're gonna to pay for all my expenses, girl~" 

 

Taeyeon grabbed her bag and stood up, acknowledging Jiyong who had obviously received her call and come, "hey sergeant. I've contacted you twice, but didn't manage to interact at all. Such a bummer."

 

"There's always a next time," Jiyong answered coolly.

 

"I'm holding your words to it then!" Taeyeon giggled and gave a friendly hug to Jiyong before kissing Yoona on the cheeks.

 

Both watched her leave and the moment she left, Yoona's expression turned sour.

 

"Didn't know you and unnie are so close?" Yoona said bitterly.

 

Jiyong chuckled at her reaction, teasing, "are you perhaps... jealous?"

 

Yoona could feel her face heating up and wanted to make a run, "a-am not! W-whatever, I'm going."

 

To which Jiyong grabbed her wrist, stopping her, "hey, how about we've a date. Just the two of us. Let's not waste everyone's effort shall we?"

 

Yoona hesitated for a moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter