Chapter 05

Yin ☯ Yang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]05[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]The Vow[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Vows are powerful things. They set things in motion.”[/CONTENTID3]

 

[CONTENTID4] It was a Spring wedding in the morning. The sun was shining beautifully, giving everyone warmth despite the chilly weather. At the end of each bench, wedding ribbons were tied, signifying the big day. It was a church wedding with only a small group of close family and friends - just like what the couples loved. 

 

Only five minutes remained before their wedding began; the groom was nervous just like the first time he went on a date with her. 

 

"Breathe dude, breathe," his best man chuckled. 

 

"I'm breathing!" he let out an urgent whisper. "I-I just need some quiet moments."

 

"You're not going to have any," the best man teased. "The moment you chose this path, it's never gonna be quiet~"

 

"Do you even have a heart, Kwon Jiyong?" he looked at him wide-eyed.

 

"Lost it the moment you betrayed me."

 

"You're still at it?" He let out a laugh. "At least you didn't get paired up with her. That's the most Hyorin would allow. Now stop whining already and go look dashing."

 

He pushed him slightly away and took a deep breath, looking down at the end of the aisle, smiling when he met eyes with the woman he's going to be spending the rest of his life with.

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

Guests started taking their seats and the doors to the wedding’s entrance had closed. The bridesmaids and groomsmen started walking in in pairs, lining up at the front of the chairs - Jiyong pairing up with Dara, Daesung with Yoona. That was the deal that Youngbae had managed to fight for Jiyong; Hyorin had initially insisted Yoona to be paired with Jiyong to create the most matching visual impact but knowing how his best friend had been whining since he knew that Yoona was attending the wedding, as a bridesmaid even, he came to a mutual negotation with his future wife on changing the pairing to avoid possible brawls.

 

Chaerin had unfortunately called in sick, stating that she's so sorry but her body was in a really bad shape. It was a pity but Hyorin knew that health was more important than this ceremonious event. 

 

"Remember, it's Hyorin, not Yuri. Don't call the wrong name," Jiyong came to stand beside him, cracking jokes to keep him calm as he handed him the ring.

 

Youngbae mouthed a cuss at him before breaking into soft chuckles, mouthing a thank you.

 

Then, the music started. The flower girl and boy lined the path with champagne rose petals as Hyorin appeared at the door with her father. He escorted her down the aisle, guests looking, taking photos and smiling, though no one made a sound. Up ahead, her eyes met him. Her future husband, her everything. He had his eyes on her. She swore she could see tears filled his eyes.

 

At the end of the aisle, her father hugged and gave her a kiss before presenting her to her groom. He placed her hand into his and smiled lovingly, patting him on the shoulder, a way of welcoming him into the family.

 

As a couple, they stood in front of the priest.

 

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness this man and woman join together in holy matrimony..."

 

The priest continued to talk about marriage and recited some bible phrases and finally, it was time for them to make their vows. 

 

"I'll be saying my own vows," they stood face to face; him holding her hands in his as he took a deep breath, announcing. "I know I haven't been the most romantic boyfriend. Well, even my subordinates and friends are saying how dense and a woodblock I am." 

 

The audience, even the bride laughed. 

 

"But here I am, standing here, with the woman who can stand my bore, my lousy and repetitive jokes but still, love and accept me for who I am," he looked her deeply in the eyes. "There comes a time when you meet someone and you just want to make them smile for the rest of your life. I'm glad that I met her already. I love you, Min Hyorin and I'm excited to spend the rest of our life together as husband and wife."

 

Why did she ever question about his love for her?

 

This man, would love, adore and protect her with all of his heart. Yoona was right, she's lucky to be his last love. Who cares about the first if it wasn't the last? She's the lucky woman, she's the winner at the end of the day.

 

"I didn't expect him to create his own vow," she smiled with tears in her eyes. "You make me look like the dense woodblock now."

 

Everyone laughed. 

 

"Friends and family constantly reminded me of what a wonderful guy you are and how lucky I am to be with you. I remember during our first date, you promised that you'll be my protector, my problem-solver," she sniffed. "Today, under the witness of God and all our loved ones, I want to make a promise to you too. I can’t promise to solve all your problems, but I can promise you won’t have to face them alone anymore. I love you Dong Youngbae and I will take you as my husband, over and over again." 

 

They exchanged rings and broke into a kiss under thunderous applauses and cheers, officially becoming husband and wife.

 

☯☯☯☯☯

 

Jiyong excused himself for a glass of champagne, staring out of the church, staring at the particular someone. She looked exceptionally breathtaking in the bridesmaid dress and of course, besides the bride, she's the woman of attention as other guys swooned over her the moment they proceeded into the reception.

 

"If you want, you can join those guys too you know."

 

He turned around and saw Dara raising her brows, feeling guilty and looked away immediately, "I'm of the least interest."

 

"Continue to lie, Kwon," Dara snorted.

 

Jiyong didn't know how to rebut for a moment but scanned Dara from head to toe, smirking after awhile.

 

"W-What's with that look." 

 

"Nothing," Jiyong whistled. "I'm just a normal guy~ Even if I dislike her, I can't help myself but to stare at pretty and curvaceous girls. Just wondering how can the same piece of dress looks so different on two people. Noona, not trying to say you ain't pretty, but... puberty didn't hit you well enough."

 

"You-!" Dara wanted to give him a hit but thought of a better counterback instead, breaking into a smile and shaking her head. "Typical Leo~"

 

"W-What?" It was Jiyong's turn who was flustered.

 

"Nothing~" Dara cooed. "Just feel that prideful Leos have a certain characteristics. When someone hit their pain spot, they'll go all fierce and jump into attack mode, protecting themselves. They hate others to see their vulnerable sides."

 

Jiyong was defeated just like that.

 

"Yah," Dara slung her arms around his neck, playfully strangling him. "Why are you being so uptight? If you're not interested in her anymore, it shouldn't bother you to stand beside her."

 

"Noona, you won't understand..." Jiyong sighed.

 

"What makes you think I won't?" Dara broke apart and gave him a smile. "You remembered when you guys first came to the precinct, I became attracted to you and even openly declared that I'm interested in you?"

 

"Right..." Jiyong broke into a smile. "That's something. Created a big hooha and there were even people betting on whether I'll end up with you or her. Those were the days..."

 

"But shortly after, I moved to PRD, putting all these to rest."

 

"Yes. Noona, I've always wanted to ask. Why did you change role? I heard that you'd a legacy and that you loved being in the frontline so much," Jiyong asked. "Is it really because of... me?"

 

"You wish," Dara knocked his head, chuckling. "Well, to tell you the truth, I was attracted to you because... you reminded me of my first love... The first love that... that didn't end the way I wanted it to be..."

 

"You changing role... Has it got to do with this too?"

 

"Yes... It made me realise that as much as I love catching villians and putting them behind bars, at the end of the day, I'm... I'm just a woman who falls weak when it comes to love..." Dara gave a weak smile.

 

"Your love... he's a convict?" 

 

"He's more than that even," Dara nodded. "As much as I love justice, I didn't want to be the one nabbing him. I couldn't even stand the thought of him getting caught. Irony isn't it? That's why I realise I had to move to some role that didn't have a direct relations to it but still, am able to keep my so-called sense of justice. It's a pity that I thought through it that late though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter