Chapter 8

Seoulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Dara woke up not realizing she drifted off to sleep on the sofa last night. She felt refreshed and looked forward to doing a lot of cleaning, both inside her apartment and her life. In-young called her and asked her if she wanted the gifts brought to her apartment. She wondered what In-young meant. Then In-young decided to do a video call to show her more than half of In-young's office filled with flowers and gifts. 


In-young: It's both from fans and the general public alike. Guess you got the sympathy vote, have you seen the comments online?


Dara: I wouldn't dare


In-young: Well, they're mostly positive, seems like even the haters softened up


Dara: Good.


In-young: I don't know how you had the courage to speak up yesterday but I guess it's for the best. The boss is  busy with damage control for the Junghyun issue while you can pick your projects from now on. I just got a list of your offers.


Dara: Already?


In-young: Yup, so please take plenty of rest, you will need it.


Dara: Let me drop by the office first. I want to take a picture with the flowers and gifts to post it on social media.


In-young: Oh okay, great idea. 


Dara: And unnie, can you take the rest of your day off?


In-young: Me? Why? 


Dara: We're celebrating!


Minyong was smiling like silly at his phone. Donghae thought it was just a funny meme but then he found out later it was a picture of Dara. She was smiling in a sea of bouquets and gifts. She looked really happy. 


Minyong: Read the comments, they said maybe the mystery guy is making her happy these days


Donghae: I'm glad they blurred my face


Minyong: It's against the law, you're a private citizen


Donghae: Not so private it seems, they even got a picture of her outside our apartment building.


Minyong: Well if you want to trade places, I won't mind


Donghae: (just laughed at the comment) Let's get back to work.


Dara and In-young went to a restaurant when they got done with shopping.


Dara: Unnie, where do you want to go next?


In-young: Wow, I didn't realize we are going somewhere else.


Dara: Yes of course, we used to do this every weekend, I don't even remember when they stopped.

In-young: I don't think I need to remind you why 


Dara: (trying hard to remember) Oh, yeah now I  remember, it was the first of the many scandals. Reporters were hounding me, trying to get an interview about how I felt.


In-young: And you've kept quiet all this time, what changed?


Dara: Aside from the baby that is about to be born?


In-young: I just thought there was more to this mystery guy than I know about


Dara: He's someone I've just met, we hang out, we talk on the phone. I like him a lot but I don't know how far I'm willing to get involved


In-young: Yeah, it might not be a good idea


Dara: Why not? 


In-young: Oh wait, I thought you weren't too sure if you even want to get involved


Dara: I don't know, maybe I won't, maybe I will, the only thing I know is that I've never felt like this for a long time


In-young: I just want you to be careful.


Dara: I know unnie, I may have not said it before but I really appreciate you for being there for me all these years. I've always known you mean well.


In-young: You're welcome, and Dara if this guy is responsible for the change I see in you, I like him already.


Dara: No, he's not. I think I've always been capable of being like this. I don't necessarily need someone else to change me for the better.


In-young: I'm impressed.


Donghae wondered why he didn't even bother to answer Minyong earlier about wanting to switch. Maybe deep inside he was jealous. Donghae's phone rang, it was his mom.


Donghae's mom: Adeul, your sister tells me she saw you in one of the websites she frequents. I didn't want to believe it but we all recognized the clothes you were wearing. Are you dating an actress?


Donghae: Ma, it's not like that.


Donghae's mom: So what were all those pictures then? 


Donghae: (sighing) It's too complicated to explain Ma. We're just friends, and even if I want us t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter