Chapter 7

Seoulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's mom and Minyong finally got back from the store. Her mom noticed that she looked like she cried but chose to keep quiet and ask Dara later about it. 

 

They parted ways at the park and Dara was quiet on her way home. She needed to think about what caused her outburst. She needed to check how she really feels about things instead of hiding under a façade that she's tough, cold, and  unaffected. Maybe it's time to be totally honest with herself. Why was she unhappy? What does she really want out of life?

 

Dara's mom: Did you cry earlier? (Dara's mom asked as they got ready for bed)

 

Dara: I guess it was time to let go of all the emotions I've kept inside

 

Dara's mom: Well sometimes we just really have to have a good cry, but remember, don't hesitate to let me or your sister know, we worry about you

 

Dara: I know, eomma, I'll let you know if need to

 

The next day Dara got woken up early by a call from her manager telling her to go back to Seoul. She asked her why her vacation was cut short but her manager only said that they will discuss it later. Dara prepared to leave and told her mom and Dahee that she will make sure she will clear her weekend if she ever has a schedule. She was picked up by the company car and In-young was there waiting for her.

 

Dara: Oh you're here. I thought you'll just meet me later.

 

In-young: I told you to keep a low profile and be with your family but you were all over the place

 

Dara: What are you upset about? I was with my family the entire time.

 

In-young kept quiet and just showed Dara the tablet with the web article about her.

 

The title read, MYSTERY GUY SEEN WITH DARA SEVERAL TIMES

 

Dara: What?! How did they get these pictures? Were they following me?

 

In-young: Must have started the day of the news about the pregnancy. We learned the first picture, the one at the beach tent, was from a fan. It got posted on social media and then gossip columnists picked up on it and started following you. If I had known you were around other people than your family, I would have brought you back to Seoul right away.

 

Dara: Am I not supposed to spend time with other people now? Am I to limit my interaction because of a mess I didn't create? 

 

In-young: (looking at Dara) Why so defensive? 

 

Dara: I'm sick and tired of it all (continuing to browse through the pictures)

 

In-young kept quiet. She's never seen Dara lose her temper like that. She wondered what happened in the past two weeks since she left for home. Dara was so shocked about finding her pictures taken at almost every time she went out. 

 

Dara: How could they stalk me like this?

 

In-young: Dara, of course they will try to find out how you're doing. That's just how gossip columns work. Are you ready to talk about the guy?

 

Dara: What guy?

 

In-young: The guy in those pictures

 

Dara was quiet, they were not just pictures of her, it was all of her interactions with Donghae since that day at the beach. She continued to read the short article interspersed between the pictures. They already deduced that this new guy was so important to her that she even went to his place to bring him food. She realized it was a good thing she was with Dahee and that she didn't have to stay that long otherwise that could have been a bigger scandal. She did not even bother to read the comments. She was starting to get a headache and decided to take a nap. She will need the energy for later when she meets with their CEO.

 

Dara woke up from her nap startled. She was dreaming of the time Donghae was nuzzling her neck and that there were people outside the van taking pictures of them. How could she have dreamt in such a short time? Her anxiety level is off the roof. How will her family react to this? How will Donghae react to this?!

 

Dara was nervous while in the elevator on their way to meet with their boss. Why should you be nervous? You didn't do anything wrong, she told herself. She didn't expect her CEO to be in such a great mood. She wondered what has changed.

 

CEO: Ah, there you are Dara. Come, sit...

 

He always made her feel like he was patronizing her but she knew it was not just her, he treats every one of them the same. Well, except Junghyun, his protege. 

 

CEO: I'm assuming that your manager briefed you on the situation on your way here. There was another ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter