Chapter 10

Seoulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


After eating lunch that day,  Dara's mom was intent on getting their picture taken. She wanted to make sure they were in their Sunday best. Donghae and Minyong were about to go home together but Dara's mom insisted Donghae joined them. Donghae was wearing a casual sweater and slacks. Dara's mom insisted he could try on the jackets available for use at the studio. 

Donghae whispered to Dara,

Donghae: Do I really need to be in your family picture?

Dara: I don't think you have to, but I don't know what else my mom has in mind.

Dara's family initially took a picture without Donghae, then Dara's mom gestured for him to come over for the next series of shots. Then just Dahee's family, then just Dara, their mom, and Dahee. Until finally, Dara and Donghae. Her mom was even telling them what to do. She wanted Dara to link her arms with Donghae, move a little closer and look into each other's eyes smiling. Who knew her mom had the talent for wedding photography? 

When they were on their way home, Dara rode in Donghae's car since there was no space for Dara at the back with both the kids' carseats there. 

Dara: Once again I apologize for my family's actions...

Donghae: As long as you don't start bawling..

Dara: What?!

Donghae: Remember that day at the riverbank?

Dara: Ohh yeah, right!

Donghae: Whatever happened to those reporters who used to take pictures of us?

Dara: Why do you miss them?

Donghae: No, I was just wondering. They stopped a week after it all started.

Dara: They were paid to look the other way.

Donghae: Oh really?

Dara: Yes

Donghae: Wow, who's footing the bill?

Dara: Our CEO. He got us in that mess in the first place.

Donghae: I see, it seems like it happened so long ago now

Dara: I know right! It's as if we've been together for ages (suddenly realizing what she said) I meant...

Donghae: Yeah I got it, I know what you meant.

Dara: By the way, I know I said we were going to celebrate together on the 29th but we are shooting a film in Beijing. I'll make sure I'll be back in time for your birthday though, alright?

Donghae: Okay.

Dara: Isn't your family in Beijing? 

Donghae: Yeah.
 
Dara: Would you like to go with me? Would you like me bring them anything? 

Donghae: Uhm, they're usually very busy.

Dara: I see...

Donghae: I mean, you don't need to go out of the way to meet them

Dara: Okay, if you say so.

They were quiet for a while.

Donghae: Look I don't want to ruin your birthday, okay? Maybe you can meet with my sister, she's a big fan of yours. 

Dara: Really? I'll look forward to it.

Donghae: I'll give you her contact number. Happy?

Dara: Yes.

It's not that Donghae wants to keep Dara from his family. He just thought that there is a chance she will be hurt more if she knew his family. He does not want the people in his life coming together and mourning for him.

Dara left the next week. She will be staying there for a several weeks but she said she will be home just in time for his birthday. He didn't even realize how much his life has changed with Dara in it. He no longer feels down and hopeless. He is grateful for every day he's given. He just wishes Dara won't feel betrayed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter